Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
where pregnant sakura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Sync Button Dee Jay

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ComSci Laura

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rainbow Burka is still the most powerful character too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mpreg Akuma

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rainbow Burka should be loving real

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Afflicted by Salmonella El Fuerte

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Ultra Street Fighter II is on the Nintendo Treehouse right the heck now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

If they port that to PC with a decent netcode I'd play it. Else I got fightcade

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Really hope they'll consider a PC option at some point since we missed SFII HD remake a while back as well. Come on a Capcom SFII is my favorite.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

The Worst Bear posted:

Really hope they'll consider a PC option at some point since we missed SFII HD remake a while back as well. Come on a Capcom SFII is my favorite.

If you want to play SF2 on PC you are spoiled for choice as it is.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If you really want sf2 you probably shouldn't want an even more hosed with version than HD

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Worst Bear posted:

lol

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

The Worst Bear posted:

play ST on fightcade with us m'lord

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I like HD because I beat chrisG on stream in a fei mirror once.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Sade posted:

play ST on fightcade with us m'lord

Apparently I'm an idiot as I didn't know this existed. Thanks! I retract my previous request for a $50 port of a remake. :v:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The Worst Bear posted:

Apparently I'm an idiot as I didn't know this existed. Thanks! I retract my previous request for a $50 port of a remake. :v:

B-But Violent Ken! :qq:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
fightcade st feels like poo poo

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Pomp posted:

fightcade st feels like poo poo

You're too bad for it to matter

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
When new fightcade though

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm a retarded rear end in a top hat and will probably buy new street fighter 2 as well as continue to play and support street fighter 5

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

man nurse posted:

I'm a retarded rear end in a top hat and will probably buy new street fighter 2 as well as continue to play and support street fighter 5

same friend
*throws money away to get costumes*

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Doggir posted:

same friend
*throws money away to get costumes*

I've bought all of them

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's no hope for humanity.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Good fighting game players choose their character based on how cute their dresses are and how many cute dresses you can buy for them. :colbert:

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

All the fun of barbie dress up; truly we are in a new age.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is gief better than Alex/birdie/Mika in season 2?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Keegers posted:

Is gief better than Alex/birdie/Mika in season 2?

Hey has better costumes.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Not gonna buy any premium costumes gently caress Capcom they need to get their poo poo together before I pump money in

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
If SF3 third strike had no parries, would it be just like sfv, or it would still be a better game?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Otakufag posted:

If SF3 third strike had no parries, would it be just like sfv, or it would still be a better game?

It has normals that are longer than 3 pixels so it would be better by default.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Otakufag posted:

most of the low tier are bad bc of parry and chun is way better because of it, so probably be more balanced with some weirder matchups (akuma urien would be wayyyyyy worse for urien, but urien would be wayyyyyyyy better overall)

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Otakufag posted:

Would probably be about the same

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
honestly its pretty impossible for me to even contemplate what 3s would be like w/o parry considering everything in how the game plays out is influenced by the existence of parry. not only that but 100% of decisions that are made at high level take parry in the account, and its is the best move in the game and shared with every character. you could make the argument that a lot of bad characters were bad thanks to parry but also how in the world did some of the low tier characters actually get a hit or combo without it?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Otakufag posted:

I wanna play 3s without parries and pick denjin ryu

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Remy in a world without parry would be near unstoppable but really loving boring

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Otakufag posted:

third strike has overheads that are actually threatening

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

honestly its pretty impossible for me to even contemplate what 3s would be like w/o parry considering everything in how the game plays out is influenced by the existence of parry. not only that but 100% of decisions that are made at high level take parry in the account, and its is the best move in the game and shared with every character. you could make the argument that a lot of bad characters were bad thanks to parry but also how in the world did some of the low tier characters actually get a hit or combo without it?

its not that hard to figure out.

it just would have normal jump ins and no one would do the lovely parry dance. the moves are the same priority, just now you're not trying to parry them which means you're playing footsies at a similar distance. the thing is, parry beats: long range single hit moves really well, and makes some up close stuff near impossible to beat. so you'd see characters with good pokes that are hard to counterpoke without parry get better, characters with predictable mutlihit moves get much worse, and setup chars get way better. also characters with pokes that can be parried high/low would get better.

this would benefit a lot of the lower tier chars a lot more because chun would lose sggk and get stand hp as a much better move, but that's about it. yun would be the same power, basically (parry doesn't really hurt/help him that much comparatively to other top tiers, but his target combo would be much better at high level play as a blockstring again and his divekick would become better). ken, dudley, etc wouldn't really change that much. akuma would just become busted (and trash urien like 8-2 seriously). twelve, q, and alex would get signfiicantly better. elena would get better (since her best moves are midparry pokes and strong single attacks that rival chun) oro would probably get a little better. ryu would be the same. yang would be about the same. etc. i think losing parry would make the game better in some ways and worse in others. your top tier would be remy yun urien akuma probs and they'd be about as obnoxious as the current batch.