Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Anora posted:

The RPG parts of CC mostly help in the quest area, where you need to keep your health up and be able to kill bosses fast. I've been using Y'stola for healing and the YRP trio because all three of them fire off attacks when a boss show up. Plus you get a Crystal bonus for all of one gender, and if a character is from the same game as the song.

The simplest way to kill things fast in that game is to get a bunch of high-strength characters with Focus and Added Cut like Auron, Cloud, Zack and Warrior of Light. I think Paine has them too, though she "only" has S in strength. Focus activates multiple times per stage, deals Full damage at rank 3 and is purely strength-based. Added Cut also deals Full strength-based damage and activates every time three other reactive abilities activate, which happens a whole lot when three or four people have Focus.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can even stack different ranks of Focus, meaning even more Focusing and thus more Added Cutting.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

literally my whole party is nothing but people with focus 1-3 and added cut also it's just the sound of abilities going off for the full song

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I want a Nintendo themed rhythm game, just pull all of the best songs from their first party stuff and make it as entertaining to play as the FF Theatrhythm game and enjoy printing money.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

katkillad2 posted:

I want a Nintendo themed rhythm game, just pull all of the best songs from their first party stuff and make it as entertaining to play as the FF Theatrhythm game and enjoy printing money.

Play Donkey Konga 1. :downs:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

curtain call is extremely good

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What 3DS poo poo am I missing out on?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Use google.

Pokemon, pokemon badges, dungeons. This is a great snowed in day.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
oh ok i'll just google "what 3ds stuff am i missing out on" and feed off the results

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So first look at the games you own. The ones you don't read reviews. Or travel back in time read some older posts.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Reminder, US dudes: TRU has buy 1, get 1 40% off on all Wii/U/3DS games this weekend (November 20/21).

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

oh ok i'll just google "what 3ds stuff am i missing out on" and feed off the results

Thinking for yourself is an important step to being an adult

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Looper posted:

Thinking for yourself is an important step to being an adult

i bet you eat raspberry pie and like that poo poo

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

That target deal is decent, kirby and ghostbustin luigi time!

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Reminder, US dudes: TRU has buy 1, get 1 40% off on all Wii/U/3DS games this weekend (November 20/21).
Mario Maker and...? (I only have Smash WiiU)

I only buy digital on 3DS because screw carrying around carts.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

EndTask posted:

Mario Kart, I guess? Splatoon's gonna be $25 at a few places soon, so you might wanna wait on that one.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

i bet you eat raspberry pie and like that poo poo

The fact that you respond to everything almost immediately is honestly kind of weird

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Looper posted:

The fact that you respond to everything almost immediately is honestly kind of weird

What's weirder is that he's not on your ignore list, along with African Cum Guzzler

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Hey now they want to have cool guy Awful fame of having their name on the thread title by being insufferable half the time.

Back on topic what are the chances the eshop sale on black friday will be decent? I want me some VC titles.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

EndTask posted:

I only buy digital on 3DS because screw carrying around carts.

Also is this you asking for good wii u recommendations because boy howdy

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

EndTask posted:

What's weirder is that he's not on your ignore list, along with African Cum Guzzler

Whats with the bizarre personal attacks? Strange

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Both AAC and noirstronaut are cool dudes y'all need to chill. We're all cool dudes in this thread

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
thanks, jim. the personal attacks on my character here are worse than both domestic terrorism and slavery combined

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'd argue that noirstronaut's posts are generally pretty bad

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
okay shut the gently caress up about your dumb nerd spat and watch the rest of the very important meeting.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
reggie's mouth looks like it was accidentally put on upside down

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

EndTask posted:

Why would you ignore the two best posters in this thread?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

shaitan posted:

Why would you ignore anyone.

Get out of your safespaces and face to Ş̦̲̑͐ͧ̌ͥ͐̔̑H̹͎̗͇ͩͣ̑͊́̀̀͢ͅI̵̢̥̬̩͔̣̙̣̺ͨ̄̿̋́T̗̠̍̐̀͟P̣̖͇̪̞̟̦͗͗ͪ̄̏̓̌O͓̦͚̭̗̦̟̟ͥͫ̅̇ͤͨ͘͞S͙̝̦̖ͫ̌ͤ͗̓ͫ̾͘T̪̪͈͈̫̜̺̠͐͛ͦ̏̆̓̀̚I̒͗҉̳͈̜͜ͅṆ̳͉̙͖̫̬ͦ̃̊͗ͫ͝G̡̧̛̤̩̋̉ͤͭͤ̃̀

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

shaitan posted:

I have never seen this said for actual good posters, so congrats for continuing the meme, dog wow

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'll leave you with this little morsel for the day: some shitposters are good, some are tremendously unfunny

namaste

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
So I haven't bought a 3DS game other than Yokai Watch in like 2 years, what should I pick up first? I'm looking at this Toys R Us sale which seems a little restricted in selection, but I figure with Black Friday coming up there should be a sale for everything at some point.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, this rabbit really dropped the ball. Haven't had a badge that's interested me in days now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Man, this rabbit really dropped the ball. Haven't had a badge that's interested me in days now.

Let's kick his rear end.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Echophonic posted:

Isn't that just a good thing?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How are people getting free plays in the badge game? I play the practice game every day but I have yet to get a free play other than the one you get the first time you start the game....

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

BougieBitch posted:

So I haven't bought a 3DS game other than Yokai Watch in like 2 years, what should I pick up first? I'm looking at this Toys R Us sale which seems a little restricted in selection, but I figure with Black Friday coming up there should be a sale for everything at some point.

LOZ Triforce Heroes, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Chibi Robo Zip Lash, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 or 2

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How are people getting free plays in the badge game? I play the practice game every day but I have yet to get a free play other than the one you get the first time you start the game....

You get a free play every 10 practice badges you collect, and sometimes (read: rarely) one of the practice badges will be a free play instead.

Sometimes the bunny also gives you a free play the first time you come in a day, usually if they're doing some promotion thing or something. But he hasn't given out those in a while.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I didn't see this in the OP so sorry if this is common knowledge but any recommended 3ds XL accessories? I need a charger so I was thinking about some accessory pack.

How many 3ds games can I have loaded digitally onto the 3ds at once? And I'm really behind the curve, any new 3ds games that aren't in the OP I should really look into?

Edit: Looks like the games is mostly addressed above, but still open to recommendations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Echophonic posted:

The fact that he hasn't tried to sell me anything for the last few days makes me realize that without daily writing, the charm sorta dries up quick.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Color Printer posted:

You get a free play every 10 practice badges you collect, and sometimes (read: rarely) one of the practice badges will be a free play instead.

Sometimes the bunny also gives you a free play the first time you come in a day, usually if they're doing some promotion thing or something. But he hasn't given out those in a while.

He gave me one today for pokemons. I first played last night and had like, a lot of free plays, got two whole sets. Then another 4 today. I did not realize this won't keep up. Boo. This is somewhat amusing but not worth a loving dollar for 20 seconds of one-button play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ddogflex posted:

He gave me one today for pokemons. I first played last night and had like, a lot of free plays, got two whole sets. Then another 4 today. I did not realize this won't keep up. Boo. This is somewhat amusing but not worth a loving dollar for 20 seconds of one-button play.

I already spent 18 euros on the drat thing. :negative: