Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There should be a 24 hour period on NJPW results. It's not a big deal on weekend shows when people can stay up but shows like today's are loving hell when it comes to avoiding stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spermgod posted:

When I don't want to get spoiled I avoid forums and Twitter period :shrug:

Yeah, thought I'd be ok in here. Lesson learned, no harm done.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

There should be a 24 hour period on NJPW results. It's not a big deal on weekend shows when people can stay up but shows like today's are loving hell when it comes to avoiding stuff

I keep 72 hours in Dragon Gate thread on anything that's on iPPV. But Dragon Gate is more of "when I get around to it" fed amongst PSP.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

They have this mentality that there can only be one #1 attraction and right now it's Roman Reigns so now we no longer protect John Cena because we don't have to worry
This sounded ominous.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

US is not the center of the world, you can deal with avoiding some forums for less than a day.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

This sounded ominous.

Where's that quote from?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Where's that quote from?
Today's Observer Radio. Dave was tearing into the Stephanie/Cena segment from Raw. It was just his opinion but it sounded like a pull quote from The Death of WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

poo poo, I actually forgot the NJPW shows were on (nobody's fault but my own), I need to keep on top of that stuff.

Edit: I'm just listening to the Bryan and Lance show and even though he delivers them deadpan, he has put together two really excellent sounding promos. When Lance Storm is putting together better promos than WWE's creative team, something is horribly wrong with the state of wrestling.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 5, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

This sounded ominous.

You're going to have your Roman and like it God dammit. Even if we have to break a Cena to do it.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Today's Observer Radio. Dave was tearing into the Stephanie/Cena segment from Raw. It was just his opinion but it sounded like a pull quote from The Death of WWE.

It's classic Vince that once he gets behind something he has to go all-in on it to the detriment of everything else. Like how once they decided the Network was going to be a thing they had to put all the PPVs including Wrestlemania on it even though that wasn't the original plan and it made no business sense.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince Russo posted:

“You’re not going to be into this until you’re making a certain amount. I UNDERSTAND THAT. I need somebody that is into this 100% of the time regardless. You are looking at money, I am looking at passion. Two total different things and that’s OK.”

God, it's like he's in the room, I swear I can hear his voice echoing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tonfa posted:

US is not the center of the world, you can deal with avoiding some forums for less than a day.

the Eastern United States Time Zone is the center of the world. Please stop fighting this obvious truth.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

the Eastern United States Time Zone is the center of the world. Please stop fighting this obvious truth.

That's not even the best coast in the US.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

central timezone god's timezone

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

epitasis posted:

Much like John Cena and god, CST is only liked by idiots and children. :smug:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I normally think complaints about spoilers are silly after something airs but it would be cool if there is a major upset on a show many people haven't had a chance to see if it was contained to the NJPW threads.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If you know who this is, then you're a baby. The dudes are back with Strenuous Manflurry and we talked about stuff!

http://shoutengine.com/MemeLovinDudecast/chapter-the-twelfth-the-famous-kid-from-fallout-7546

http://shoutengine.com/MemeLovinDudecast.xml

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok Kenny Bolin is hilarious. How did I miss this guy all this time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This sounded ominous.

I think it's great - Cena's going to stay over without his megapush and maybe they'll learn something from that (e.g. Cena doesn't have to win everything ever).

Then again... probably not :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm a little concerned that Lance's response to "this DeMott crap has to stop" was "this can't be done in a corporate environment, back in the day beating people up worked great though!"

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I always think the MLW podcasts with Matt Farmer are intersting topics but I find the podcasts themselves kind of boring.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

epitasis posted:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

epitasis posted:

moving to the east coast was the worst decision in my life because i miss that 10:30/11:30 start of late night talk shows. it's the kind of an anchor amongst your day. things are just in a central timezone universe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
GMT rules, everyone else droolz. :colbert:

None of this +3/-4 poo poo, it just is whatever time it is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm a little concerned that Lance's response to "this DeMott crap has to stop" was "this can't be done in a corporate environment, back in the day beating people up worked great though!"

if you look at the historical roots, kicking the crap out of new guys was part of protecting the business.What other business went 80s years without a vast majority of people being clued into its inner workings?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

He was pretty careful to emphasize hitting people hard in the right spots so you don't injure anybody.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Luigi Thirty posted:

It seemed to me that he had not gotten the memo that tons of people have accused DeMott, and it seemed like he had only read the letter to WWE HR.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Samoa Joe is on Jericho's podcast. He starts around 19 minutes.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
After watching some shoots and listening to X-Pac on Austin's podcast, I am in love with Kevin Nash and X-Pac telling stories. What other podcasts have they been on that would be a good listen?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm laughing so hard at Dave just obliterating all of Bryan's arguments about Ronda Rousey's drawing power.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

astrollinthepork posted:

After watching some shoots and listening to X-Pac on Austin's podcast, I am in love with Kevin Nash and X-Pac telling stories. What other podcasts have they been on that would be a good listen?

It's not a podcast but all of Kevin Nash's DVDs for Kayfabe Commentaries are hilarious.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'm laughing so hard at Dave just obliterating all of Bryan's arguments about Ronda Rousey's drawing power.

On every other show he's still harping on the same point. When the guy gets an idea in his head he refuses to drop it no matter how strong the evidence to the contrary.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Ooh, here's an interesting opinion about April 1996. "Sting was held back. Ric held him back. He should have been the face of the company. When all you have to do is pencil his name in against Flair or the Giant and draw a huge number, he needs to get his due sometime. He should have been champion."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

On every other show he's still harping on the same point. When the guy gets an idea in his head he refuses to drop it no matter how strong the evidence to the contrary.

There have been 3 shows since the PPV and only one since the numbers came out. It's a really big story.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Spermgod posted:

It was pretty funny that he ran to Todd to complain on how wrong Dave is and then Todd repeated Dave exactly.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Ooh, here's an interesting opinion about April 1996. "Sting was held back. Ric held him back. He should have been the face of the company. When all you have to do is pencil his name in against Flair or the Giant and draw a huge number, he needs to get his due sometime. He should have been champion."

drat right!

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Bryan is certainly capable of taking his anecdotal evidence as proof, no doubt. Two or three of his buddies who watch PPV at his house bring their wives/gfs and all of the sudden its how he thinks the whole country acts. Todd was pretty diplomatic in how he told Bryan that his personal life is not the way the whole world works.

On the other hand, it makes a lot of sense to me. My personal experience is pretty similar to Bryan's. Lots of women who usually don't give a poo poo have perked up when Ronda just fought.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

There have been 3 shows since the PPV and only one since the numbers came out. It's a really big story.

Oops I thought it was 2. Whatever gently caress Bryan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

81sidewinder posted:

On the other hand, it makes a lot of sense to me. My personal experience is pretty similar to Bryan's. Lots of women who usually don't give a poo poo have perked up when Ronda just fought.

My take on it is that pretty much everybody takes an interest when somebody comes along who just completely dominates their field to the point that it's almost unbelievable to watch. Whether it be Jordan in the NBA, or Tyson or Ali in boxing (though Ali had incredible competition as well), these type of athletes just seem to attract gaping spectators (including myself!) to watch them do their thing better than anybody else can, and Rousey certainly fits that bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which is where Dave's almost outright laughing at the people saying "But she wins too quickly! No-one will pay to see that!" comes in.

• Locked thread