Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This is cool.

I’ve only owned a Switch for like 2 weeks but I’m already getting pissed at myself knowing I’m going to rebuy a bunch of games I already own just for the portability. I’ve already done it for Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (although that was the opposite, I had that on 3DS and got it so I could play it portable or hook it up to the big screen) and I know it’s just a matter of time until I cave for Stardew Valley, and now probably Dragon’s Dogema

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

same, but, im not pissed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Every port means a sequel is a little bit more likely so I don't care

It usually just means more ports

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

i feel like game companies only rerelease stuff to promote some forthcoming product nowadays. but i also want more action rpgs from capcom so it’s partly wishful thinking

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

picked up mario 3d land, stoked to fire that up tonight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

You have no hope in your heart.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I port of a game I haven't played is a new game. :shobon:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Buying ports for games you already own and haven't played is a parallel disease of steam AIDS

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

I port of a game I haven't played is a new game. :shobon:

Everything is always new as we experience it again and again through fresh eyes over the course of our lives. Namaste.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You have no hope in your heart.

like 50% Of capcom's business model is releasing ports of every game on every new console forever. we might get a new dragon's dogma someday but it won't happen just bc I bought it again on switch.

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Im hype for new super Mario U deluxe tbh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Buying ports for games you already own and haven't played is a parallel disease of steam AIDS

I like to call it Portussis

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i like ports that give me access to a game i couldn't play before or that port something from PC, now that i can't realistically keep a gaming PC around.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm glad dd got ported for the people who enjoyed that game. I hope more stuff gets ported to switch. Port everything in fact

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

HolePisser1982 posted:

picked up mario 3d land, stoked to fire that up tonight

3D land fuckin pwns.

When does nsmbudx come out anyway..

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

3D land fuckin pwns.

When does nsmbudx come out anyway..

It comes out in three days

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gonna ignore nsmbu and play tales of vesperia instead

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
3dland is okay but eberything in it was done in world just way better

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1082819244608360448

i remember someone in the zeldathon thread was saying they hoped 2 would get added

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Zelda 2 is hype but honestly this slow trickle poo poo is laughable. Nintendo sucks rear end!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

American McGay posted:

Zelda 2 is hype but honestly this slow trickle poo poo is laughable. Nintendo sucks rear end!!

beating them faster than they get released?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

paying for their roms from coolroms with worse emulation than nesticle is epic actually

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

the 3ds meanwhile gave me link to the past for free. this poo poo is so bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

the 3ds meanwhile gave me link to the past for free. this poo poo is so bad

you probably just bought it in the past and forgot abotu it, the present icon is what every digital purchase looks like.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

you probably just bought it in the past and forgot abotu it, the present icon is what every digital purchase looks like.
lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

still counts as free.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

still counts as free.

:hai:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
It was one of the ambassador games, so it was free, if you bought your 3DS before they lowered the price by $100

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zelda 2 on switch with a savestate to start you at level 8-8-8 ftw.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Caithness posted:

It was one of the ambassador games, so it was free, if you bought your 3DS before they lowered the price by $100

all the ambassador games were gba and nes games, no lttp

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Zelda II The Adventure of Link is an NES game. I misread what game Bob was talking about.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Should I play Zelda 1 and 2 on the switch with pen and paper and no internet y/n

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

probably. it kills me that you can't turn the 4:3 matte stuff black though, there's all this junk in it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

3dland is okay but eberything in it was done in world just way better

Yeah 3d land just isn't that memorable and its way too easy. all Mario games are easy but not usually to the point of boredom. 3d world is so good

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

elf help book posted:

all the ambassador games were gba and nes games, no lttp

the gba version of lttp was included.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

still counts as free.

santa brought me most of my SNES games, Nintendo used to be way more generous

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I stayed up too late last night playing persona Q. It's interesting. Very stylish and I like the mapping. Thinking about getting P4 or 5 when I finish

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

my morning jackass posted:

the gba version of lttp was included.

it's Minish Cap

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah 3d land just isn't that memorable and its way too easy. all Mario games are easy but not usually to the point of boredom. 3d world is so good

3d land was pretty memorable. I liked it a lot. But 3d world just made it basically "obsolete" in a way that I never seen a game do before

The NSMB games were the ones that bored me to tears. The first DS one was boring. NSMB2 on the 3ds was literally the most forgettable game I've ever played; I actually don't remember playing it. This made me not bother with the Wii and WiiU ones. Which I'm kinda regretting. What's considered the better NSMB game? The Wii one or the WiiU one? I preordered NSMB WiiU for the switch regardless but I'm just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You skipped the two best ones, tbh. The first game on DS was only novel in that it came out after it had been years since a 2D Mario, and the second 3DS one was only interesting because they explicitly said it existed for Nintendo's newer hires to cut their teeth on which is unfortunate because it's legitimately like, the worst and most boring Mario game (I know I beat it but remember nothing about it).

Wii U is probably the better of the two console ones because the first one was more concerned about making the multiplayer work and was fun, so the level design wasn't as good as the Wii U one.