Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

Which is where Dave's almost outright laughing at the people saying "But she wins too quickly! No-one will pay to see that!" comes in.

Well Goldberg flopped so it's understandable to think that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

My take on it is that pretty much everybody takes an interest when somebody comes along who just completely dominates their field to the point that it's almost unbelievable to watch. Whether it be Jordan in the NBA, or Tyson or Ali in boxing (though Ali had incredible competition as well), these type of athletes just seem to attract gaping spectators (including myself!) to watch them do their thing better than anybody else can, and Rousey certainly fits that bill.

She's also pretty while also having the charisma to project an intimidating badass aura very well. She just has so many attributes in her favor to help make her a unique draw.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Guess what's back!

Dave's beep smoke beep detector beep!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ch3cooh posted:

Guess what's back!

fffffffffffffffffffffffff

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

ch3cooh posted:

Guess what's back!

Dave's beep smoke*COUGH COUGH COUGH* beep detector *COUGH COUGH*beep!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, maybe that's why he has the cough?!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rob Naylor enjoys hearing himself talk.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

ch3cooh posted:

Guess what's back!

on a related note, spring forward this weekend

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mariooncrack posted:

Samoa Joe is on Jericho's podcast. He starts around 19 minutes.

It was a really enjoyable interview too, I especially enjoyed when they started doing (good-natured) Vince Russo impressions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo, the Cock Torturers segment of the latest Talking Shop is incredible, mostly for the fact the guys can barely get the words out they're laughing so hard.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, the Cock Torturers segment of the latest Talking Shop is incredible, mostly for the fact the guys can barely get the words out they're laughing so hard.

Also the fact that Bobby Fish walks unknowingly into this madness and blends right in seamlessly is hilarious and amazing.

"Last time I heard that you had a mouth full of cum!"

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Hey rovert why did you change your username on the board? I decided to visit the horrors and almost instantly saw a poster that I knew had to be you, but in that old Bryan and Vinny show they clearly call you rovert. What's the scoop, brother?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Hey rovert why did you change your username on the board? I decided to visit the horrors and almost instantly saw a poster that I knew had to be you, but in that old Bryan and Vinny show they clearly call you rovert. What's the scoop, brother?

What username?

Been banned several times.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

It was a really enjoyable interview too, I especially enjoyed when they started doing (good-natured) Vince Russo impressions.

Is this accurate? http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0307/590123/samoa-joe-confirms-wwe-negotiations/

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Meltzer's said things are happening on the WWE front.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

What username?

How do you get banned several times from the wrestling observer forums

Not a sarcastic question I've never been there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've been there and I still don't know how you could possibly get banned

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Rovert was trolling Dave and Bryan constantly

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
takes a lot of skill and hard work and booze

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

rovert posted:

What username?

The Sunny thread. Only you would have that signature.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jericho does bring up after the interview that Joe said there had been negotiations, though I honestly don't recall him bringing up the Triple H stuff so I might have missed that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

The Sunny thread. Only you would have that signature.

What was the signature

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Great "Bryan is an idiot" story on tonight's Bryan and Vinny.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What was the signature

It was pictures of Becky, Balor, and some MMA guy talking about how great Ireland is with the username being "Rove(something I forgot)."

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Dong da dong dong dong

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Wow the most recent Wrestlemania recap sure is something.

• They recap the rise and fall of The Miz, including Dave talking about Vince jobbing guys out because they either marry someone too hot, or a girl dates a prelim guy
• Dave discusses a beautiful parallel world where Daniel Bryan goes to NJPW
• They briefly touch on the fact that WWE wanted Del Rio to get over, and are mystified as to why Edge was booked to go over him.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting, but it was pretty entertaining.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

• They recap the rise and fall of The Miz, including Dave talking about Vince jobbing guys out because they either marry someone too hot, or a girl dates a prelim guy
• They briefly touch on the fact that WWE wanted Del Rio to get over, and are mystified as to why Edge was booked to go over him.

The Del Rio thing at least I believe was explained at the time as they thought it was going to be Edge's last match, so they had him win his last match and retire as champion. That's was also the explaination as to why they went on first, I think Edge went off to the hospital to see a doctor for the final word right afterwards.

The Miz thing though was depressing, they had a new top heel right there ready to go, producing some great work but tossed him aside once that Mania was done and they didn't want him in the main event any more.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

It was very good, and possibly one of my favorite segments they've done with Lapsed Fan. I think the commentary regarding "mismatches" in relationships wasn't so much about Vince as the wrestling business in general, not that Vince doesn't do it.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

njsykora posted:

The Miz thing though was depressing, they had a new top heel right there ready to go, producing some great work but tossed him aside once that Mania was done and they didn't want him in the main event any more.

He did main event the next two PPVs after mania. Also he sucked a lot so I don't really feel bad about him getting de-pushed.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

According to Konnan, Jeff Hardy's house is full of giant homemade aluminum sculptures.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

njsykora posted:

they had a new top heel right there ready to go, producing some great work but tossed him aside
CM Punk?

Miz was fine as the placeholder to set up Rock vs. Cena.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

According to Konnan, Jeff Hardy's house is full of giant homemade aluminum sculptures.

no those are giant crack pipes, konnan.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

WeaponX posted:

no those are giant crack pipes, konnan.

Jeff Hardy is that guy in metal shop who made bongs and bowls who never grew up

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave's Daniel Bryan impression is hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Arbite posted:

Dave's Daniel Bryan impression is hilarious.

Yeah that was pretty great. "I'll just go to New Japan!"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Kyle O'Reilly's cartoon character laugh is hilarious

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rodney the Piper posted:

It was very good, and possibly one of my favorite segments they've done with Lapsed Fan. I think the commentary regarding "mismatches" in relationships wasn't so much about Vince as the wrestling business in general, not that Vince doesn't do it.

Explains Dean Ambrose's loss streak.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I forget, who was it that Dusty buried the gently caress out of because he married the valet that Dusty wanted to bang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I forget, who was it that Dusty buried the gently caress out of because he married the valet that Dusty wanted to bang?

Sam Houston, I think

• Locked thread