Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

do they come in usb3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

bobbilljim posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1255122491/ryo-adapter-never-plug-in-your-usb-the-wrong-way-a

reversible usb cord adapter

save 30 minutes a year!!!! (if you bought one for every device you might plug in and you waste like 6 seconds a day turning usb sticks around)

quote:

What does ryo tech make of the USB 3.1 type C connector?
This new standard is on our radar and we think it’s a great thing. However there is a lot of uncertainty as to whether it will be popularized and how long that might take.... The USB 3.1 standard, while brilliant, will break compatibility with existing USB devices and is bound to cause a bit of outrage.

We are excited about the USB 3.1 standard too - because it is a whole lot more than just a USB jack. However it could take years before we see this technology in all our personal devices and until then, the ryo adapter and kushi are there to somewhat bridge the gap.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Rick Ross Ulbricht posted:

wish there was a way to donate money against a kickstarter

that's one hell of a way to increase platform monetization

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Isn't USB-C pretty much mandated by Euro-land these days to reduce e-waste and crap? That was pretty much the most interesting part of the show.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

um ACTUALLY

What sets this project apart from existing reversible USB cables on the market?

There are tonnes of issues with faulty cables that are slow, have poor connections or even damage your device. A replacement cable for your device that is reversible AND reliable will cost you upwards of $40... and you’d have to shell out this amount for each device that you want to upgrade.

The ryo adapter turns any of your existing cables into a reversible connection. The ryo adapter came about because didn’t want to have to replace our cables from the manufacturers, we wanted a permanent upgrade that offered both functionality and peace of mind without having to fork out a couple of hours’ pay.

Last updated: Mon, Mar 9 2015 10:44 AM EDT

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

they've filed patent applications, you guys

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

As a Millennial I posted:

they've filed patent applications, you guys

i filed a patent application for loving your mother but it was rejected because there was too much prior art

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
da

uncurable mlady posted:

i filed a patent application for loving your mother but it was rejected because there was too much prior art

drat son

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

uncurable mlady posted:

:eyepop:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

uncurable mlady posted:

buuuurrrrrnnnn

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

uncurable mlady posted:

hot drat

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

uncurable mlady posted:

as a patent examiner

:golfclap:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

lmao

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

i'm the text shadow
the cheapest place seems to be this one when you include shipping, and they even have angled ones

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 10, 2015

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

*exasperated voice* THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY

quote:

the cheapest place seems to be this one when you include shipping, and they even have angled ones

went with cheapest base price under the assumption that it would work out better for getting more than one

also:

uncurable mlady posted:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

razorscooter posted:

went with cheapest base price under the assumption that it would work out better for getting more than one
yeah but it turns out they include $5 in shipping

which, incidentally, is the same as the kickstarter

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

duTrieux. posted:

that's one hell of a way to increase platform monetization

i'm gonna kickstart this idea

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Rick Ross Ulbricht posted:

wish there was a way to donate money against a kickstarter

kickshorter

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
curbstomper

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Graff
May 10, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

great scott!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

uncurable mlady posted:

laughed

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

uncurable mlady posted:

:wth:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

:pwn:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

uncurable mlady posted:

close thread goldmine this thread has peaked it's all downhill from here

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

thread has peaked, 5s all around people good job team

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > post the most worthless kickstarters and greatest burns you got

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

:boom:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/descendentstudios/descent-underground

Bring'n every game from the '90s back.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

descent owned tho

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

minivanmegafun posted:

descent owned tho
and it's on both gog and steam

but this game is like some squad-based mmo-type thing?

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

the crossfade from sweet space fighter combat to smug fat dude makes the video

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-level-a-deck-designed-to-set-you-in-motion

FluidStance's patent-pending Level platform brings movement to a standing desk, home and classroom.

$291,591

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Now you can really "Surf" the internet!!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/03/10/plan-to-send-evangelion-weapon-to-moon-is-fastest-growing-japanese-crowdfunding-project-ever/

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

too 80's, needs to be overly streamlined, bespoke, and made with $40 worth of materials so we can sell it for...

$289 earth dollars? lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

anyone who sees "flexible funding" and still decides to throw their money in deserves everything that they won't get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shifty Pony posted:

anyone who sees "flexible funding" and still decides to throw their money in deserves everything that they won't get.

it's a crap shoot no matter what. overfunding is just as bad as setting a flexible funding target and coming in short

if a kickstarter is intended to receive $50k, and it actually gets $500k, all their production plans are blown to poo poo and god knows what, or when, they'll ship. the process intended for 50 engineering samples won't scale when they need 1,000 or 2,000 units

• Locked thread