Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ditch posted:

I was so sad when the Go Flasher debuted because I knew it would be around a while and drag him down. But thankfully for his sake he's doing fewer moonsaults, meaning he has a chance to avoid the Kobashi/Mutoh/Vader knee problems.

Someone Vader's size was headed for knee problems, anyway.

How does Mutoh get around as well as he does, anyway? Aren't his knees worse than Funk's at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Mutoh cut way way back on moonsaults over the last ~10 years and had more regular work done on his knees than Kobashi, who waited until 2001 when he should have gone under the knife at least by 1998 if not sooner.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

Thanks for posting that, I'm a big Barnett fan and it was interesting to get his take on the whole New Japan thing.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Holy poo poo, CIMA's contract expired? What do you think he's going to do, Ditch?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Kobashi returns on the March 1st Budokan show, which is NOAH's last event on NTV. Also, KENTA vs Nakajima for the junior title on the 11th.

Holland Oats posted:

Holy poo poo, CIMA's contract expired? What do you think he's going to do, Ditch?
No idea. None. It's like if Misawa left NOAH.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Wait.

WHAT? :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CIMA to TNA, I can feel it.

Well, not really.

If he doesn't stick with DG, I could see him going to NJ or NOAH quite easily.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Nakajima beat KENTA to win the GHC junior title. He's 20 years, 11 months old.

TheDuelies
Jul 13, 2005

I'd go gay for this goggle-eyed freak!

Ditch posted:

Nakajima beat KENTA to win the GHC junior title. He's 20 years, 11 months old.

Such a great picture! Can't wait to see the whole show since Kensuke Office usually puts on some entertaining ones.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Holland Oats posted:

CIMA jobbed to Jamie Noble on SD's Dark Match last night.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KENSUKE OFFICE IS TAKING OVER NOAH AAAAGH.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Good for the kensuke office.

A quick question though, my brother just got me some DVDs from japan (yay), and the starting price seems to be $40 (39,90 yen) starting. Why are they so expensive as a starting price?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I try to watch more Puro when I have the time/energy and it is infinitely more enjyable than 90% of WWE's product. But I still don't know enough to contribute to any conversation really.

I just want to say that the Final Gate 2008 DVD was good fun, and I very much enjoyed watching Anthony W Mori get beat on because Jesus Christ GB2Final Fantasy. That gimmick just ain't right.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Wazzu posted:

A quick question though, my brother just got me some DVDs from japan (yay), and the starting price seems to be $40 (39,90 yen) starting. Why are they so expensive as a starting price?
Japan's taxes are focused on consuption rather than production. Higher wages mean higher prices, which are in turn inflated by taxes. I mean, old beat-up VHS tapes are 2000-4000 yen. Don't get me started on the "authentic American clothing" stores where giveaway t-shirts are 5000 yen.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

HulkaMatt posted:

KENSUKE OFFICE IS TAKING OVER NOAH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Where do you fine gentlemen usually get your DVDs? Specifically Hustle ones. On a related note, what are some good Hustle DVDs?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Where do you fine gentlemen usually get your DVDs? Specifically Hustle ones. On a related note, what are some good Hustle DVDs?

Most of us just watch what Ditch posts on his site. Pretty much no one gets DVDs from Japan, instead they get bootlegs from US sites.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

Most of us just watch what Ditch posts on his site. Pretty much no one gets DVDs from Japan, instead they get bootlegs from US sites.

As we just mentioned, their terrible prices. However, ROH sell some NOAH and dragon gate, and you can probably find some good online seller if you search.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The best places to buy from in general are ivpvideos and slambamjam, however I dunno if they carry HUSTLE.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ANGLE VS. TANAHASHI

quote:

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kurt Angle for the IWGP title will take place on 4/5, which is Wrestlemania day, at Sumo Hall in Tokyo for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Angle beat Giant Bernard earlier today on the New Japan Sumo Hall show, while Tanahashi beat Shinsuke Nakamura to set up the match.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

ANGLE VS. TANAHASHI

But will they show a warm up match on TNA? Tanahashi being squashed by eric young?

Otherwise, sounds good, but man they aren't going to outsell wrestlemania, it seems kind of silly to even try.

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!

Wazzu posted:

But will they show a warm up match on TNA? Tanahashi being squashed by eric young?

Otherwise, sounds good, but man they aren't going to outsell wrestlemania, it seems kind of silly to even try.
Well, Sumo Hall seats about 10,000-11,000 people and it's in Japan so it may not be that much of a problem.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

It will be nearly a full day ahead of WM given the time zone difference.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wazzu posted:

If TNA does it like they normally do, it'll get a cursory mention on the program nearly a month after the fact.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Change :tinfoil:

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.

HulkaMatt posted:

Change :tinfoil:

Who's picking on Morishima, and why? :(

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

Who's picking on Morishima, and why? :(

quote:

Following match seven, the evil junior trio of GHC Jr. Tag Team Champions, Kotaro Suzuki and Yoshinobu Kanemaru, along with Genba Hirayanagi joined Rikio and Yone in the ring. The five announced the formation of the first official unit in NOAH since the early days. They will be known as “Change”.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Jesus, an actual heel stable? Awesome.

Evil Yone should be grand.

I, Blog
Apr 26, 2003

All hail Satan!

Illinois Smith posted:

It's the Afro NWO

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KENTA vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Illinois Smith posted:

I was wondering what Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington was doing in Japan. Then I remembered Yone existed.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Now that's a shirt.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

HulkaMatt posted:

"Change"

Nakajima should be in that stable because his boots look like the Obama logo.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Alright Ditch: You're hired by a company to create a Best of Kobashi DVD. I'm not going to make you come up with match times and stuff, but nothing can be clipped and it has to be kept to around a single disc. What goes on?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
drat. 2 hours kinda limits things. 6/9/95? Out. 1/20/97? Out. 6/12/98? Pretty much out. 3/1/03, 7/10/04, same deal.

w/Kikuchi vs Kroffatt & Furnas 5/25/92
vs Hansen 7/29/93
vs Williams 8/31/93
w/Go vs Sasaki & Nakajima, 11/5/05

That's about 2 hours. If it goes longer I'd add something like either the Takayama 4/25/04 or Taue 9/10/04 outings. That would cover a lot of ground. A 2-disc set would be over twice as effective... best Kobashi stuff is 25+ minutes minimum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lucky for you a DVD holds 3+ hours of footage! So 6/9/95 needs to be on there. Maybe put it on there three times.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 20, 2009

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

HulkaMatt posted:

Now that's a shirt.

Buy it here! I'm pretty fond of the other Death Roll shirt and the magenta(maybe?) Kensuke one after that.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I can't read any of that. :(

If you would like to guide me through ordering one though! :)

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 21, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

-- Great Sasuke was arrested for assault yesterday. From what I gather, he was on a train without his wrestling mask on and someone decided to take his picture with their cell phone. He got so upset that he allegedly kicked them and throttled them by the collar. He has denied the allegations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

HulkaMatt posted:

-- Great Sasuke was arrested for assault yesterday. From what I gather, he was on a train without his wrestling mask on and someone decided to take his picture with their cell phone. He got so upset that he allegedly kicked them and throttled them by the collar. He has denied the allegations.

Someone have that clip of him potatoing the crap out of Dirtbike Kid? ChikaraFanDan's account got taken down awhile back.