Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fact that you have to pay them, instead of them just printing it on demand, I mean. I guess it's more oriented towards like bigger designers instead of small time sellers of funny shirts and stuff? Maybe it means that they can print a bit cheaper? prices seem pretty similar to society6 or redbubble though i thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

that seems sketchy as poo poo but idk anything about selling shirts or w/e

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

ekuNNN posted:

But redbubble is very different, and works super easily. You just have to link it to a paypal account as far as I know. They have a standard price, and you put your percentage on top of that, adjustable per item. Every month, or when you reach the treshhold of uh 20 bucks, whichever comes first, they send you your earned money. Shopify seems real weird and scammy.

They don't even pay after a certain threshold... The money is sent to your PayPal after every sale like a day later.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
drop-shipping businesses were a mistake

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
sorry to hear about that twoday that is insane and blows

ive ordered shirts from redbubble before, service was good afaik. read the fine print first just be sure though

twoday
May 4, 2005

I dont really want to run a sustaainable and profitable t-shirt business for a general audience

I just wanted to sell some funny c-spam shirts to c-spam goons

but I'm done now, back to selling art and books or whatever

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
People just want to support you and your art on a platform that doesn't gently caress you over imo. My comments on redbubble are from the perspective of being there for years and them never hosed me over, while over storefronts have. The only "negative" I can think of is that it takes a couple days to ship since they only print once the order is placed and there's often a queue of other orders in front of yours.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I don't want to depend on anyone to make and distribute my art for me

I would rather do it myself

I will think of something weirder and cooler

you haven't heard the last of ol' twoday

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I really wanted that agriculture shirt though, you gently caress! People complement my leopard/jaguar shirt all the time

twoday
May 4, 2005

desire is the root of all suffering

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

twoday posted:

keep talking like that and I'll break your other arm

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I will simply have to treasure my Crack Ping Classic (tm) shirt as if it were my own sewn flesh, I suppose.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

sorry you got fleeced. I managed to get the agriculture shirt just under the wire and I have a bunch of the others which are all great and prompt a ton of questions in public

twoday
May 4, 2005

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

2020:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

very cool

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Here's a podcast about a Roman Emperor who went crazier than Trump

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

twoday posted:

tell it to the judge

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
the new Little Women has a very pretty book binding montage

twoday
May 4, 2005

My hand is in a cast, I have been swipe-posting on my phone with my left hand

However they released the text of the note found in Epstein's cell, I was thinking of writing that out later. It said:

"kept me in a locked shower stall for 1 hr
Noel sent me burnt food
Giant bugs crawling over my hands
NO FUN!"

Not sure tho

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

anoteher succedful goon project

oh gently caress

happy new year 2day, thanks for all the laughs and suffering for your art :sympathy:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

happy new year sorry about hand

twoday
May 4, 2005

thanks you too

here is some left-handed (sinister) artwork, based on a trump tweet:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1214739853025394693?s=20

note to future right-handed self:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/225244643837751296

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Hello Posters of C-Spam would be a good page in this

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

the enemy can have a little fighting

twoday
May 4, 2005

mcclay posted:

Hello Posters of C-Spam would be a good page in this

yeah, I was thinking of how to commemorate this recent drama. Earlier I wanted to draw a graveyard reminiscent of Arlington with banned C-SPAM posters but many of them have since been reversed (not all), and I already have a "free crazy cloud" page. Maybe I could just copy PPJ's post about blowing an undercover agent

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The things I miss by only following this and the MSM mockery thread

Did somebody tried to seize a telephone exchange

Also happy new year twoday, sinister (lol) art couldn't be more relevent

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

for inspiration

twoday
May 4, 2005

my hand healed

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
that's loving sick. i kinda want that as a tattoo

twoday
May 4, 2005

I was thinking of learning how to tattoo as a side gig, but it would probably take a while

twoday
May 4, 2005

I went to a museum and carefully studied a real guillotine that was used in the time of the French revolution as a reference for this drawing

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

twoday posted:

I was thinking of learning how to tattoo as a side gig, but it would probably take a while

thats only if you want to be good at it. theres nothing stopping you from doing tattoos!

twoday
May 4, 2005

good point!

this thing deserves a frame

twoday has issued a correction as of 05:03 on Feb 12, 2020

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

twoday posted:

my hand healed
this is great, the perspective is striking.

congrats on healing your hand. this may be an irony poisoned shitposting subforum but i know from experience that it sucks.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:snoo: :thermidor: :snoo:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

my hand healed

your hand, like bones, healed stronger than before

twoday
May 4, 2005

Thanks!

Uranium posted:

the perspective is striking

I thought about that. They are usually drawn from a sort of distant observer’s point of view, as an object which the viewer is focused on, but not really engaged with. It looks quite different if it is immediately in front of you and looming above your line of sight (a perspective of a guillotine normally only seen by an elite few)

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Glad to hear the hand is better

A random story: so about a month ago I did the OP for the new cold war thread. Some of the images I used were from that gnarly Soviet civil defense manual posted ITT a while back.

After I did it, I found myself haunted by one of the images.

It's a warning of some kind, and I look at the sinister figure next to it, and I'm wondering if there's some sort of post-nuclear babadook wandering around

I ask in the milhist thread, and it turns out it is a warning about----------------making sure you have proper training and PPE when decontaminating animals, because animals can be vectors for disease.

So I got it backwards. The sinister nightmare figure is drawn that way to emphasize PPE. And the only explict caution in a document about surviving nuclear war is about vetenary disease. Which I think really captures the manditory optimism of the document.

What I'm, saying is, we should all read books in languages we don't speak with pictures, as the questions we get are weird

(Also in the old thread, twoday, there was a poster who posted a scan of an old British civil defense pamplet, as well as an explanation for "Marxists in the Britpol thread" about the hows and whys of nuclear war, seems like it might be relevant in the post Brexit UK)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005