Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

sheep-dodger posted:

It's not perfect no, but checking a party's actual votes instead of their campaign promises is at least an attempt at getting a different picture.

67 % with Die Linken and 63 % with Die Grünen - seems accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

pretty much what I expected

60.8% - Die Linke
58.6% - Bündnis 90/Die Grünen
44.2% - SPD
41% - CDU/CSU

GaussianCopula posted:

This is a bad way to do a wahl-o-mat.

:same:

this is really dangerous stuff cause it could convince a substantial part of the GroKo voters to switch parties, pointing out the complete disconnect between rhetoric and action in both parties. especially SPD, lmao, someone should sue them for wrong advertising. at least the CDU doesn't pretend to actually give a poo poo about people that much

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
58% Die Linke. It was weird. When you agree with a measure in principle, but think it doesn't go far enough, but don't quite know the context, how are you supposed to vote ..?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

That's interesting, the "traditional" Wahlomat almost always gives me Die Grünen or Die Linke as the parties most aligned with my politics, whereas here I'm mostly aligned with CDU/CSU and SPD. I guess it's because I don't necessarily have strong negative feelings about GMOs in agriculture, nuclear power and the Bundeswehr participating in military operations abroad (which I can't recall ever being a strong focus in Wahlomat surveys)? Though it could also be that most parliamentary votes actually were initiated by the governing parties, giving a survey that bases its questions on how parties voted on it a bias towards the GroKo, maybe? Dunno.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cingulate posted:

58% Die Linke. It was weird. When you agree with a measure in principle, but think it doesn't go far enough, but don't quite know the context, how are you supposed to vote ..?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cingulate posted:

Yeah, it was particularly weird when they had "institute a 8.50€ minwage" and "institute a 10.00€ minwage" side by side. Does a "yes" to either count as an implicit "no" against the other there? Or would a "no" against 8.50€ be considered a vote against having any minwage at all even if you put a "yes" for the 10€ option afterwards?

Also there's the general issue of selection bias in that apparently you only see proposals that have made it to a vote in the first place.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Like, seriously, when you, as the SPD, are voting against an automatic annual Bafög inflation/cost-of-living adjustment due to the GroKo, what are you even standing for as a party? gently caress this GroKo bullshit

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

THE TRUTH IS IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
This kind of wahl-o-mat is bad because the opposition can basically copy their Wahlprogramm and whatever is sexy at the moment into legislative proposals, knowing that they will never seriously discussed while the actual governing parties have to conform to the harsh reality.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GaussianCopula posted:

This kind of wahl-o-mat is bad because the opposition can basically copy their Wahlprogramm and whatever is sexy at the moment into legislative proposals, knowing that they will never seriously discussed while the actual governing parties have to conform to the harsh reality.

Dafür muss die Regierungspartei ihr Programm nicht mit der PR-Abteilung russischer Energiekonzerne abstimmen.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

SPD 67, CDU 65, Grüne 50, Linke 37

I sexually identify as GroKo apparently

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

Lol if you seriously belief that a party plans their legislative agenda so that they look good on one specific Wahlomat

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

lolno², sending the Bundeswehr on dumb adventures across the globe, refusing to adjust Kindergeld, Bafög& Co. to inflation while running a record budget surplus, introducing Vorratsdatenspeicherung, a PKW Maut, etc. have nothing to do with harsh reality. These are just oval office policies introduced by oval office parties for oval office people

Duzzy Funlop posted:

THE TRUTH IS IN THE MIDDLE!!!!

Guhn vollständig amerikanisiert, ein Fremdkörper im deutschen Threadvolkskörper

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/jfkr_/status/898629425528360961

jfc

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hmm, und Erdoğan plädiert implizit für Rot-Gelb(-Blau)... :thunk:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Heil Satan

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

...still would. Albeit self-hatingly.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Maultasche, aber für Pfanne und Grill? Habe ich da was verpasst?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

Maultasche, aber für Pfanne und Grill? Habe ich da was verpasst?

In welchem Jahrhundert lebst du Brudi? *brät Maultasche*

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Die Maultaschen vom Vortag in Butter mit Zwiebeln anrösten.

Currywurst-Maultaschen: Satan? Nein. Berlin? Ja.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Aber wahrscheinlich ziemlich lecker.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BEUGE ER SICH

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

das ist so ein essen dass ich intern nicht nach geschmack sondern nach alkoholpegel kategorisiere, glaub ich. das wäre vermutlich ein 2 promille und aufwärts gericht.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

nazies, they punch nazies, not random people they disagree with

and anyway you try to wiggle out of that wont work, antifa does not go to the local JU and misch them auf

Not the Junge Union, but it's cringeworthy watching idiots think it's productive to protest against the ~system~ (which is imperialist and capitalist) by having a random brawl and torching Kleinwagen whenever there aren't enough convenient Nazis in punching range.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

blowfish posted:

Not the Junge Union, but it's cringeworthy watching idiots think it's productive to protest against the ~system~ (which is imperialist and capitalist) by having a random brawl and torching Kleinwagen whenever there aren't enough convenient Nazis in punching range.

This, I agree with. There should be a parship-kind of service for left and right chucklefucks who just want to punch people to hook up and be all manly and politically active at each other.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

botany posted:

das ist so ein essen dass ich intern nicht nach geschmack sondern nach alkoholpegel kategorisiere, glaub ich. das wäre vermutlich ein 2 promille und aufwärts gericht.

Die Frage ist nur, wie mutig du mit zwei Promille bist! Pfanne oder Grill?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Multilake posted:

Die Frage ist nur, wie mutig du mit zwei Promille bist! Pfanne oder Grill?
Roh deepthroaten, Strohrum hinterher, anzünden.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Stick a chopstick in and I guess those would make good ersatz corndogs, no?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Put them in a box with a hole in it and they would make good Rattenköder except for the bit where rats are probably too smart to eat them

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
It's meat seasoned with curry in a noodle mantle.

Sounds good to me.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

It's meat seasoned with curry in a noodle mantle.

Sounds good to me.
... a non-gloating post by GC? What happened?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cingulate posted:

... a non-gloating post by GC? What happened?

Currywurst in a Maultasche neither threatens our Blut nor our Boden, just our stress hormone and cholesterol levels.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Erst wenn auch der letzte Wochentag zum Veggie-Day erklärt wurde, werdet Ihr sehen, dass man Currywurstmaultaschen essen kann.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fleisch in Veggie-Tarnung ist wie Zeitreise in Terminator.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Die taz zweifelt daran, dass es beim Amerikanischen Bürgerkrieg um Sklaverei ging.

Sind das jetzt auch böse Nazifreunde, die ich hauen und doxxen darf? :ohdear:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Nein. Das sind keine Nazis, also sollst du die auch nicht hauen. Die Regel ist so einfach, da kommst du auch mit dumm stellen nicht weiter.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Simply Simon posted:

Roh deepthroaten, Strohrum hinterher, anzünden.

Damit verdienst du dir das Bundesverdienstkreuz! Meine Meinung

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

Die taz zweifelt daran, dass es beim Amerikanischen Bürgerkrieg um Sklaverei ging.

yo, dasn dummer idiot, hauen darfste aber nur nazies!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wieso bekommen Nazis bei dir eigentlich n extra e?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Randler posted:

Du hast den Artikel aber schon gelesen, oder?

Der ist nämlich absolut korrekt, es ging keineswegs um die Abschaffung der Sklaverei aus humanitären oder moralischen Gründen, sondern um die unterschiedlichen ökonomischen Auswirkungen die sie auf Wirtschaft der einzelnen Staaten hatte und die daraus folgenden Zollpolitik die diese bevorzugten. Und die Emanzipation aller Sklaven wurde auch erst sehr spät Teil der Forderungen.

Historisch gesehen ist der Artikel also abgesehen von der, zugegebener Maßen etwas reißerischen, Schlagzeile korrekt.

edit: Hoppala, da hätte ich den letzten Absatz wohl nicht überfliegen sollen. Okay, Korrektur meinerseits, die Fakten und die historische Analyse sind zwar korrekt, aber die Folgerungen für die Gegenwart daraus sind ziemlicher Müll, gerade wenn man sich ansieht wann und wo diese Statuen gebaut wurden.

Randler, du kannst also die taz Redakteure sowohl hauen als auch doxxen :)

e X fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 19, 2017