Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kolin looks pretty cool. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

big props to capcom putting milia rage in sfv

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I would really enjoy playing a fully functional xrd character against an SFV character. Even Potemkin would poo poo all over everybody.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dhamster posted:

I would really enjoy playing a fully functional xrd character against an SFV character. Even Potemkin would poo poo all over everybody.

If they added Axl then even I would play SFV.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just play xrd training mode cause a sfv character is about as useful as a dummy vs something like bedman or venom in the corner

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Oh hey, icebending, my secret fetish! :haw:

Now to check if I have enough Fight Money for her--ah well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh just get the season pass and be hype for 4 faceless characters of dubious quality

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

oh just get the season pass and be hype for 4 faceless characters of dubious quality

or don't

just don't

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Kolin looks cool but i dont want to play the game enough to unlock her and I am sure as hell not buying any season pass. I wish Xrd PC releases were in time with the PS4 ones, I'm itching for some fightgames right now but this game really is disappointing.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

Kolin looks cool but i dont want to play the game enough to unlock her and I am sure as hell not buying any season pass. I wish Xrd PC releases were in time with the PS4 ones, I'm itching for some fightgames right now but this game really is disappointing.

Why does the PC xrd release schedule matter? There are lots of people playing pc revelator right now, which should be all that matters if you're itching to play "right now". Rev2 is coming, yes, but everything is indicating that rev2 will be way discounted if you already have revelator. No excuses, Just Play dude!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Dracula Factory posted:

Fightcade

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

But then I gotta but a whole 'nother gaaaaaaame maaaan. You're right though, Jack O looks pretty fun I should just pick it up because I know I want to.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

giogadi posted:

Why does the PC xrd release schedule matter? There are lots of people playing pc revelator right now, which should be all that matters if you're itching to play "right now". Rev2 is coming, yes, but everything is indicating that rev2 will be way discounted if you already have revelator. No excuses, Just Play dude!

Eeeeeeh...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

xrd ranked is a joke you actually have to make friends and play them regularly to enjoy the game which is admittedly not easy when sfv is there to serve up scrub kens all night but way more satisfying

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Most of the play you'll get from practically any anime game (or any non SFV game, really) is going to be from matchmaking outside of said game, and not from within it. Its possible to play revelator daily with other people if you make any effort at all.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I can find a basically endless amount of ppl in player matches unless I try and play the game in the middle of the night

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I know I'm being cheap but I'll get Rev as soon as they stop wanting $50 for a game that has been out on PS4 for nearing two years now

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rev hasn't been on the PS4 for even one year?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

Most of the play you'll get from practically any anime game (or any non SFV game, really) is going to be from matchmaking outside of said game, and not from within it. Its possible to play revelator daily with other people if you make any effort at all.

Yes, I know. I still play SF4 regularly that way.
My point was that there aren't "lots" of Rev players on PC just like there aren't a lot of SF4 players.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jack Trades posted:

My point was that there aren't "lots" of Rev players on PC just like there aren't a lot of SF4 players.

I guess the number isnt too important to me if my goal is to be able to find matches. how powerful are you exactly... how much blood do you need to be satiated?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
After working in the shadows for Gill and the secret Illuminati organization, Kolin makes her Street Fighter V debut. First appearing in Street Fighter III, Kolin works behind the scenes in order to fulfill the Prophecy of Miraha and stop any who dare stand in Gill’s way. She is typically calm and collected, but can suddenly fly into a rage when anybody threatens Gill and his plans. Spoiler-alert, she resurrects Nash and uses him as a pawn too, showing she will do anything to achieve her goals.

http://i.imgur.com/cbTE1YM.mp4
Kolin and Gill in Street Fighter III

Kolin excels in the Russian martial art of Systema, utilizing the opponent’s momentum against them and executing various slash-like attacks and knife hand strikes. Gill has bestowed upon her the power of ice, allowing her to augment her fight style with frigid blasts and deadly icicles. She is often heard speaking condescendingly towards her opponents, knowing they don’t stand a chance before her, let alone Gill.

Where did her hatred of Shadaloo come from and how did she originally become involved with Gill? Be sure to check out her character story to find out!

V-Skill: Inside Slash

http://i.imgur.com/to1Wxa2.mp4

Kolin’s unique counter allows her to deflect and automatically punish incoming moves with ease.

V-Trigger: Diamond Dust

http://i.imgur.com/pCkfJbG.mp4

With a full V-meter, Kolin can slam the ground twice with her foot, each time shooting out a path of sharp icicles across the floor. In addition to damage and stun, this move freezes the opponent’s stun gauge. While in this special state, the stun gauge will not deplete and if Kolin is successful in stunning the opponent, they will be frozen in place.

Critical Art: Frost Tower

http://i.imgur.com/Irqbmrv.mp4

Kolin dashes forward with a slice of her hand. If the attack connects, she’ll continue summoning large icicles from the ground, throwing the opponent into the air and shattering the ice to drop them to the ground.

Also coming alongside Kolin on February 28th are her Story, Premium Battle and Nostalgia costumes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

I guess the number isnt too important to me if my goal is to be able to find matches. how powerful are you exactly... how much blood do you need to be satiated?

I don't as long as I can find a reliable match whenever I want.
I'm just being a pedantic rear end in a top hat over the word "lots". Cause that's not really "lots of players" by any stretch.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

Rev hasn't been on the PS4 for even one year?

Whoops you are right I was looking at the Japan release date

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

By "lots" I meant "any time I get online there are enough people there to consistently get matches against a spread of characters and skill levels". And this is without even getting on discord/friend lists. Why would any other definition matter?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
'Lots' is a very relative descriptor. Revelator has 'lots' of players compared to every fighting game not named Street Fighter 5. There's just a sharp decline in players from "fighting games named Street Fighter" to "fighting games not named Street Fighter".

Any ways fwiw you can log on and get player matches at pretty much any time of the day. I'm an unemployed lazy jackass who's been hitting it lately even in off peak hours and I haven't had any issues finding games. There's a pretty dedicated online community, it's just small enough that you get to make friends and know your boys and the local hot shots rather than queue up against a lineup of faceless randoms in ranked.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 9, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol another parry v skill just give up capcom

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like her story outfit with the scarf

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The battle outfit makes her look like a somewhat realistic body proportion Cammy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If gil gave her ice powers does he have another secretary that he gave fire powers to?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

If gil gave her ice powers does he have another secretary that he gave fire powers to?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Accurate.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/nukarina_c/status/829785395831320581

Woden
May 6, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Double jumps in SFV. Check.

How long until air dashing and air blocking?

Is it a double jump or weird air fireball?

Like 70% of the cast have some air mobility already so not seeing the problem.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Woden posted:

If they bring back old characters people will complain that they feel like poo poo/wrong compared to their older version.

maybe they should make characters good and cool and powerful then

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pomp posted:

maybe they should make characters good and cool and powerful then

That would require a complete paradigm shift my dude :smith:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Try shifting paradigms to Tekken. B)

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Kolin Theme is pretty decent.

Better than Juri for sure.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/chara_kolin.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I'm not sure I understand half the point of Kolin's V-trigger. It prevents the stun gauge from decreasing sure, but if she stuns the enemy, they freeze? In what way is that distinct from just being stunned, because without further context it reads like "if she stuns the enemy, she stuns the enemy" and it's like yeah but why is that different