Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Piggy Smalls posted:

Why won’t they ship to California because of prop 65? I largely ignore those stupid warnings since it seems everything can cause cancer.

Sounds like they dont want to bother with compliance.

https://help.academy.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/927/~/california-proposition-65

Either they dont have a lot of California customers on the site or it's a political statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I was able to snag one pair of 20kg and 3 pairs of 25kg echo bumpers from rogues eu site.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've done 100 pullups today.

A month ago they were on my no-go list after all the shoulder issues, and it hurt to do even 1 (though it wasn't difficult). So I'm pretty happy with that even though I was supposed to do cleans today, and this was a lazy compromise.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

The Good(ish): I got a pair of 45lb plates for $120
The Bad: They're octagonal plates

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

sassassin posted:

I've done 100 pullups today.

A month ago they were on my no-go list after all the shoulder issues, and it hurt to do even 1 (though it wasn't difficult). So I'm pretty happy with that even though I was supposed to do cleans today, and this was a lazy compromise.

What, in a row ?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I could really use a spotter rn.

e: nvm I did it

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 24, 2020

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Anyone else watch the 286kg atlas stone WR?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAicpvPAX7z/?igshid=1s4maamfmm2dv

Ridiculous how easy he made that look

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Any recommendations on where to buy gym equipment? Rogue doesn’t have anything in stock and is a bit pricey. I would need something to do bench presses and maybe lat pull downs. I have a funny feeling that California is going to be the last all of all 50 states to reopen gyms.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

No, simultaneously.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

nooneofconsequence posted:

I could really use a spotter rn.

e: nvm I did it
nice

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

You know people in this thread told me my shoulders would explode if I benched too much but I've been benching every other day for like 2 months and my shoulders feel great. A little tight, but overall they actually feel better than when I started.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

You know people in this thread told me my shoulders would explode if I benched too much but I've been benching every other day for like 2 months and my shoulders feel great. A little tight, but overall they actually feel better than when I started.

Maybe you bench with impeccable form?

I've been suffering from a sore lower back and real spicy hip flexors and I'm wondering if it was the squats, the deadlifts, or both, that I did last week on Monday.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

if you manage fatigue appropriately anything will work, from one huge bench workout a week with all the accessories to two-a-days seven days a week (doing like one set per workout lmao)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I felt pretty beat down yesterday so I didn't do anything but today I feel great. My general fatigue hasn't been a problem since I haven't been squatting, am only deadlifting babyweight, and am only jerking/ohp whatever I can muscle clean.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 25, 2020

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

People or just sassassin?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I mean that’s fundamentally correct

Your shoulders will explode if you bench too much, so far they haven’t, ergo you haven’t benched too much

It’s simple Greek logic you see, from philosophers past

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Shoulders feeling a little tight was how it started for me.

Don't say I didn't warn ye.

Os Furoris
Aug 19, 2002

Did some deadlifts today. Feeling wiped out and satisfied.

:feelsgood:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

My son (3 years old) watching me do RDLs: "C'mon! * facepalm * Put it on the ground!"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My right tricep is spasming and the little finger on that hand has gone numb. Just another day in shoulder problems land. This poo poo's for life.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Nah, I got an inflamed shoulder from loving up clean and jerks and then doing a strength focused SBD template where I benched 4 times a week with RPE8-9. I got rid of it with just dropping some weight and reducing the volume.
Yeah if you train like an idiot and don't plan your recovery you will surely keep a hosed up shoulder.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I started having shoulder issues when I did some barbell rows with poor form

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
why did you use poor form

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Helios Grime posted:

Nah, I got an inflamed shoulder from loving up clean and jerks and then doing a strength focused SBD template where I benched 4 times a week with RPE8-9. I got rid of it with just dropping some weight and reducing the volume.
Yeah if you train like an idiot and don't plan your recovery you will surely keep a hosed up shoulder.

drat, why didn't the doctors or physios think of that?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

I thought you were the SA Assassin but you're more like the Sass Assassin!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

I'm just answering your personal anecdotes with my own. I thought this was the whole point?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The point is what I do is correct, and you’re an idiot because I’m not.

RamboMoe
Aug 12, 2005

This account was a birthday gift from my brother. I wanted an RC car. Fuck you.
Bench press is the worst. I've been stuck at the same weights for 4 years. loving bench press

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

RamboMoe posted:

Bench press is the worst. I've been stuck at the same weights for 4 years. loving bench press

Please add your bench 1RMs. Cause I think it's a difference if you are stuck at 190lbs or *checks RamboeMoes log* ~380lbs.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

It's literally exactly what Barbell Medicine (actual medical doctors) have been preaching for years

https://youtu.be/V43mSQEjZY8

RamboMoe
Aug 12, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

Please add your bench 1RMs. Cause I think it's a difference if you are stuck at 190lbs or *checks RamboeMoes log* ~380lbs.

It's more like ~400lbs, but being stuck for 4 years still sucks

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

As temps tick up over 90 lifting outside is losing a bit of its luster

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

RamboMoe posted:

Do you have a coach?

RamboMoe
Aug 12, 2005

Do you have a coach?

no

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Start doing some weirder type of press that you havent done before, like a one arm overhead barbell press: BAM new PRs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've tried all sorts in the 7-10 years I've had this shoulder issue. Train more, train less, don't train, get physio etc. It keeps coming back.

The 100 pullups weren't a good idea as it's pretty uncomfortable atm. But it felt good at the time, like so many terrible things.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

I've tried all sorts in the 7-10 years I've had this shoulder issue. Train more, train less, don't train, get physio etc. It keeps coming back.

The 100 pullups weren't a good idea as it's pretty uncomfortable atm. But it felt good at the time, like so many terrible things.

We all have that one ex, eh?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

RamboMoe posted:

Whats ur bench program?

RamboMoe
Aug 12, 2005

Sludge Tank posted:

Whats ur bench program?

Right now I work up to a single heavy set of 1-3 reps @9RPE and then do 3 sets with 4-5 reps where I try to hit @8RPE on the first of said sets.
For example:
2x170kg
3x4x150kg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

strong goon