Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
The stupid games stupid prizes saying feels like it's going to get annoying for me fast, and not because it's a bad quote (it was good the first few times), but because it seems like

Khorne posted:

It's also an annoying phrase when someone is trying to be clever

e: Play stupid pranks, win stupid subscribers :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Do some of you people literally only hang around super racist places or something? Like literally every time there's a gif of some dude faceplanting off their motorbike trying to do a sick jump or something there's a better than even odds someone in the comments is going to say 'play stupid games win stupid prizes'.

I like the whole 'somebody else might willfully misinterpret that completely innocent commonly used phrase as marking you as a secret super racist. Not me of course, I'm not that outright retarded but you know, some nebulous someone else might think that'. At least own being a retard instead of blaming it on someone else.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Grem posted:

Back from my last trip to the men's divorce forum that spawned the threat title, saw this, couldn't help but think of you guys.

People tell him he has to establish paternity, and he's kinda hosed because paternity is assumed to be with the husband of the wife.

Someone asked where her parents were and this was his response...

Dudes try to tell him to expect her to try to get child support, because they're pretty paranoid about that kinda thing...

Then he learns what putative father is and hopefully fucks off into the ether.

I feel like you guys see enough of the stupid poo poo at the beginning of an open relationship, you've earned a glimpse of the end game.
This is like a bizarro poly horror story. He's the other dude in the "my gf got pregnant but it might not be mine" stories except he actually wants to take responsibility for the kid.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ArbitraryC posted:

This is like a bizarro poly horror story. He's the other dude in the "my gf got pregnant but it might not be mine" stories except he actually wants to take responsibility for the kid.

Well, he wants to take ownership of the kid, anyway. Responsibility is kind of an open question. I'm reminded of the post from a while back where the OP cajoled/coerced his ex into carrying an unwanted to pregnancy to term with the promise that he would take full custody of the child and she wouldn't have to have any parenting responsibility, he took custody at birth, and then a couple years down the line he posted to Reddit about how being a single father was really hard, and how could he force his ex to parent the child she explicitly never wanted to have and only carried to term because of the agreement that he would take full custody?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
And she was paying like 110% child support and everything or something. That story was a trip and he got rightfully decimated

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

quote:

My [39M] son [15M] lost his mind at his step brothers [13M&15M] and told my wife [37F] to either hit him or kiss him over some wrist tape and people always touching his stuff.Non-Romantic
submitted 9 hours ago by Wristtape
This happened just 4 hours ago.
My son, Ben came down stairs. He threw his wrist tape at his step brother, Tom. The conversation went as follows.
Ben: Are you loving serious right now? What the hell is that?
Tom: What?
Ben: Don't loving what me. How many times have I told you dense motherfuckers. DON'T. TOUCH. MY. poo poo!
Tom: Calm down dude, it's only wrist tape
Ben: Shut the gently caress up! did I tell you, you could speak. Fix it. I want you to fix my wrist tape right now. Do it and I'm going to give you until the count of 10.
This point my wife stepped in and asked what was going on. He told her to stay out of it while still counting to 10. She told him to calm down. He told her again to stay out of it and teach the little shits some manners. He told her he's sick of them playing Ultimate fighter with his gear. He was up to the count of 8. My wife told him to stop it. He said to her "Either hit me or kiss me. Don't like either option? get out of my face then."
He reached the count of 10, left the house. He saw the mail box. He looked it at, knocked it over and yelled "It's just a loving mail box bro, calm the gently caress down! Stomped on it and started to go on about wrecking your poo poo.
He's gone to be with his mother and I don't know what to do about this. I just got home
tl;dr: Don't know what to do about son.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

quote:

My [23F] boyfriend's [31M] phobia is causing problems in our relationship. Am I being insensitive?Relationships
submitted 8 hours ago by phobiathrow3344
I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and we've lived together for the past 6 months. Overall, things have been great.
Soon after we met, he disclosed that he had been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder & specifically has a phobia of getting AIDS. He takes medication and visits a therapist on a regular basis, but he explained that this doesn't make the issues go away, it just keeps them under control. I have struggled with depression in the past so I was sympathetic. He wanted me to get tested for AIDS before we had sex for the first time, which I agreed to.
Once I got the negative results things were fine for a while. But rcently he started getting anxious after we had sex. He doesn't suspect that I'm cheating or anything like that, it's just part of the phobia. He understands that it's irrational but he can't control it. He says things like, what if I got it a long time ago but it was dormant until now? What if I had a paper cut on my finger and I touched something that had a drop of AIDS blood on it? I've shown him statistics that show how ridiculous that is, but it doesn't help.
Normally when this happens he just distracts himself by having some beers and watching a movie or playing video games, and he's ok later. But in the past few months the fear seems to be getting more intense. He wanted me to get tested again, so I did. It came back negative of course, then he started talking about how often lab tests are wrong and stuff like that (he's a lab tech in a hospital so he considers himself an authority on this). I suggested that he talk about this with his therapist, and maybe look into a different medication, but he said his insurance won't cover it.
We haven't been having sex as much as we used to. We went from almost every day to 2 or 3 times a month. It makes me feel terrible, I love him and want to make him feel good but his phobia is getting in the way. I understand that mental illness is not a rational thing, and it's not his fault, but it really gets me down sometimes.
What made me finally make this post is what happened this morning. I mentioned that my friend "Jacob" was going to be in town with his boyfriend & we were going to hang out, and he could come along if he wanted. (I've known Jacob since elementary school, he's like a brother to me, and he's gay so there's no attraction going on. My boyfriend knows that I hang out with him sometimes).
What he didn't know was that Jacob was gay. When I mentioned his boyfriend he started freaking out, saying gay people have higher rates of AIDS and I shouldn't risk hanging out with him. As soon as he said that I said "what the f**k?" I didn't take time to consider his phobia, I was just immediately shocked and offended. I tried to explain that it wasn't rational but he just got more upset. By the end he was literally shaking and crying which has never happened before. I backed off and said I'd give him some time to himself. He's now spending the night at his friends place.
I'm worried that my reaction was rude. I know what it's like to be mentally ill and how much it hurts when people don't understand. But at the same time I feel like I can't go on like this. I don't want a sexless relationship, I don't want to get AIDS tests every week... I love my boyfriend but his phobia is jeopardizing our relationship. How should I handle this?
tl;dr My boyfriend has a phobia of AIDS and it's gotten worse as our relationship has gone on. We hardly have sex any more and today he had a meltdown when I said I was going to hang out with a gay friend. Am I being insensitive about his mental illness?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Wonder how long they've been married and had the kids in the same house.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

The real thing [15M] is mad about is how hot his stepmom is and how much that confuses him

Teenagers are the real reason to not have kids imo

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My (25/F) brother (26/M) has recently started dating the girl (26/F) who verbally and physically bullied me relentlessly in high school.

Ultimately it's his decision. I shouldn't have any involvement who he does or doesn't date, but I would personally never date someone who made my sibling's life a living hell for three straight years. They apparently ran into each other at the bar one night. She approached him first. He was hesitant to tell me they were dating because he knew our history, but the truth eventually came out.

The gist of it is simple. She and I were interested in the same guy in high school. He preferred me over her, and she decided she didn't like that very much, so she proceeded to gang up on me with all her friends. They spread rumours about me, called me names, told me they would kick my rear end if I ever went near the table where they used to hang out at lunch and during breaks. Her friends eventually grew bored, but she kept going. It got to the point where she was actually physically violent towards me. She would pull my hair thinking it was extensions (it wasn't), claw at me with her fingernails, bang my head into the lockers and pretend it was an accident, throw basketballs at my face in PE, and she even stripped me in the cafeteria once. It was humiliating.

The crazy thing is, she only got in trouble once. The other times she explained it away as an accident, and because her dad was on the school board, they were able to sweep everything under the rug. My brother and I were scholarship students. We basically had no rights at that school. I held everything in for a really long time. Luckily she seemed to calm down a bit after the stripping incident. One of the teachers saw and vouched for me, and that was that. Nearly half the school saw my rear end and one nipple, but that was that.

Now that my brother's dating her, I don't know what to think. Yes, it was a long time ago, and hey, maybe she has changed, I don't know ... but there are literally millions of women he could be with, and he chooses her. And the worst part is, everyone seems to love her. I don't, and our dad doesn't, but everyone else thinks she's different, and oh so lovely, and it's driving me crazy.

I don't want to go NC with my brother but I think I might have to. I told him I don't want to be around her, and if that means cutting off contact with him, then gently caress it. Bye. Is that so extreme? Am I blowing this out of proportion?

For gently caress's sake, I still have scarring on my arms from how deep she scratched me one time.

TL;DR - In high school she was physically violent towards me and just cruel overall. It was over a guy. He liked me, not her. But she kept bullying me even after that. For years. Now that my brother's dating her, I'm thinking of going NC. Everyone (except for my dad and I) seems to think she has changed, and maybe she has, but even just the sound of her name brings back all of those memories. Am I being dramatic? Should I just suck it up?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

She should just savagely beat the poo poo out of new girlfriend. Really really beat her down. You want to join the family? Pay your loving tab.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

People change a lot after high school, its possible the woman has changed. However, part of that would be directly apologizing to the OP. I can't tell if that has happened or not, since the post originally says the brother kept it hidden, than at the end says her whole family minus her father likes the woman.

The OP being so adamant may have prevented an attempt at reconcilliation. or maybe this woman is still just a vile person.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think HS changes people. I don't think many of us would recognise their highschool selfs.

That being said, it's time to throw down & jump this new person in.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

well why not posted:

I think HS changes people. I don't think many of us would recognise their highschool selfs.

I dunno, being a bully as a 10 year old and being a bully as a 17 year old are two different things. I think she's just an awful person.

She stripped another girl in public.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

I feel like if you can roll up your sleeve and show scars from where that person hurt you, your family should probably not like being around them.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

well why not posted:

That being said, it's time to throw down & jump this new person in.

Yep. You changed? Sure, prove it by taking what you have coming to you. You might even be best friends after she gets done pasting you

WampaLord posted:

I dunno, being a bully as a 10 year old and being a bully as a 17 year old are two different things. I think she's just an awful person.

She stripped another girl in public.

I wouldn't even be surprised if dating her brother was a petty power move.

Beat the loving tar out of her imo. Really really wreck her poo poo.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

I'm surprised the brother finds it so easy to overlook.
Maybe the girl has changed, but I wouldn't be able to forgive those actions, especially at those ages. Seems like Dad can't, at least.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Brother is thinking with his dick. Guessing he's mom's favorite and that's why the rest of the family except dad is falling in line.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Parsley posted:

I'm surprised the brother finds it so easy to overlook.

Sex is a pretty good reason for a lot of people to overlook stuff.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

yall got bullied af

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yall got bullied af

Ya, but in hindsight I'd would have bullied me too.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Pretty sure she has every reason to be alarmed and considering breaking contact with her brother considering his girlfriend physically scarred her for life back in high school. It's really weird how her brother's all "No biggie" about it.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 26, 2017

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Pretty sure she has every reason to be alarmed and considering breaking contact with her brother considering his girlfriend physically scarred her for life back in high school. It's really weird how her brother's all "No biggie" about it.

Helios Grime posted:

Sex is a pretty good reason for a lot of people to overlook stuff.

lol at all of this:

My [30/m] fiancée [30/f] of 4 years caught me on tinder.

quote:

In May of last year we broke up. Our relationship was struggling and I ended it. She moved back across the country to our home town and started to move on. I felt terrible because I knew I didn't give the relationship 100%.

I bought a ring, flew across the country, confessed my love, and proposed to her. She said yes on the condition that we move closer to our home town. She admitted much of our relationship problems stemmed from her depression and that she was depressed because she didn't like living so far away from her family.

I found a new job and moved back across the country. We got a new place together and things were great for a month or two but now it's bad again. Shes depressed and now says it's because she doesn't have a job.

Last night she caught me on tinder. My phone lit up and she saw it. I really don't know what my intentions were. I feel like I have a hole to fill. I don't feel wanted. I don't feel desired. We have no sex life. She rejects me multiple times a week. I want someone to want me. I'm not getting it from her so I guess I was looking to get it else where. I don't think I would have met up with anyone from tinder. We have one car. She takes me to work and picks me up. So its not like I could sneak off.

She is really upset but I don't think she is willing to leave me but part of me feels like she should. I was in the wrong. She will likely never trust me again. I do love her and I wish we had a happy, healthy relationship but at the same time I don't know how much more of her depression I can handle. It scares the poo poo out of me that her depression could be a life long battle and our relationship would be a constant roller coaster.

I really don't know what to do. Part of me wants to fix things. I love her, my family loves her. But part of me feels like its time to end it and move on.

tl;dr: Fiancée caught me on Tinder. Don't think she's willing to leave me and unsure if I should end it myself or try to work things out.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

lol at all of this:

My [30/m] fiancée [30/f] of 4 years caught me on tinder.

Why the gently caress did you propose to her dude :psyduck:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My favorite thing is that he has no logistical way to cheat, but did it anyway because he desperately wants out of the relationship but doesn't have the balls to break up.

quote:

I don't think I would have met up with anyone from tinder. We have one car. She takes me to work and picks me up. So its not like I could sneak off.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Play stupid games, win a loveless marriage to a sadbrains while failing to get some side action on tinder.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Some people think you just eventully gotta propose. Some people are idiots.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

Some people think you just eventully gotta propose. Some people are idiots.

I do think you should probably be ready to poo poo or get off the pot after four years

Just. This guy got off the pot. And then he downed a bunch of laxatives and chained himself to it.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
I'm sure all those problems will magically disappear once they get married.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
A guy (~22M) recently told me that he doesn't owe me a friendship and my (22F) feelings are really hurt by this.

quote:

I met a guy a few semesters ago and we were lab partners. He was pretty obviously into me from the start. Very flirty. He was objectively good looking, but I'm not into black guys romantically.

Well I foolishly accepted a few of his "hangout"proposals and eventually just had to tell him we could be friends. I honestly wanted to be friends because I thought he was a cool guy but just wasn't romantically interested.

I only reakized it now after thinking on it, but he basically NC with me. Completely stopped contacting me and rarely responded to me when I contacted him.

I thought I needed to show him that I did value him as a person and a friend so I got really aggressive with contacting him. I really enjoyed his friendship. Lastnight, after I'd admittedly been texting him all day, he asked me to stop contacting him.

I was taken aback. What? What on earth do you mean? Are you kidding? He told me that he wasn't comfortable being friends with me after being rejected by me. I told him he was being immature and shoukd grow up. That he can't always have what he wants the way he wants it.

He said that he doesn't owe me a friendship and asked me to leave him alone.

tl;dr: I rejected a guy but thought we could still be friends. He recently told me to stop contacting him and that he doesn't owe me a friendship. Am I wrong or is he wrong? I feel like he's being really mean and immature.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A guy (~22M) recently told me that he doesn't owe me a friendship and my (22F) feelings are really hurt by this.

That one's a gimme.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

He was objectively good looking, but I'm not into black guys romantically.

woof

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Aggressively pursuing somebody 'as a friend' is loving weird and this lady is sending so many mixed messages she sounds like a post office.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You can't always have things the way you want, but I can. You're my friend now, deal with it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mirthless posted:

Aggressively pursuing somebody 'as a friend' is loving weird and this lady is sending so many mixed messages she sounds like a post office.

That's a pretty weird metaphor.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

General Bullshit › /r/relationships: I expressed my feelings early on about farting and how it offends me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just wanna say this dude atuck to his guns and dodged a massive bullet so I think hes a cowboy.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
FFS, just be glad he took "no" for an answer and move on.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

How dare you reject me! Nobody rejects me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

quote:

My (23M) girlfriend (21F) started crying hysterically after finding out her ex (21M) has a new girlfriend.Relationships
submitted 14 hours ago by Confusedbf101
My girlfriend, Iris and I have been together for two years. She had been single for a year after her and her ex, Robert broke up after being together for two and a half years.
Iris always insisted on following and keeping up with Robert on social media. I never minded as I kept my ex girlfriend on Facebook as well. I never really had a problem with her talking to him every now and then but when it started coming in between us, she ended up blocking him on everything to the best of my knowledge.
Today, we were watching a movie together and she was on Instagram. She suddenly started crying so hard she could barely breathe. I kept trying to get her to calm down, but she was trembling and basically screaming.
She ended up throwing her phone at the wall and locking herself in the bathroom for half an hour. When I picked her phone up, I saw that Robert had posted a picture online of him and his girlfriend. Iris texted several of his friends to confirm the fact that the girl in the photo was in fact, his girlfriend.
She wouldn't really talk to me when she came out. She just cried softly and I had to comfort her and tell her everything was okay. She said it has nothing to do with him, she had just been having a few bad days at work and needed to cry everything out.
On one hand, I want so badly to believe her as she's three months pregnant and I had been saving up for a ring. Do I look past this and believe her?
I hate having this doubt in my head. I really truly love this girl with all my loving heart.
TLDR: girlfriend found out her ex has a new girlfriend. Locked herself in the bathroom and couldn't stop crying for hours.