Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiTVgfmRPfA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lol at Gamestop selling this when Nintendo has been helping their business so much recently.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Spacebump posted:

Lol at Gamestop selling this when Nintendo has been helping their business so much recently.

What

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

it's about ethics in amiibo distribution

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I just found the monster shop where I can sell monster parts! But I've found I'm too scared to sell anything that I might need later for armor upgrades. Is there a master list that totals up everything you need of each monster part to upgrade everything to max level? Should I not worry about it and sell my rarest stuff without worrying?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Monster parts are like the thing you should be least afraid to sell, because it's trivial to just roll up on a camp and gank a bunch of bokoblins et al for more.

As long as it's not like Lynel stuff it's easy enough to get back.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

FAT BATMAN posted:

I just found the monster shop where I can sell monster parts! But I've found I'm too scared to sell anything that I might need later for armor upgrades. Is there a master list that totals up everything you need of each monster part to upgrade everything to max level? Should I not worry about it and sell my rarest stuff without worrying?

Don't sell your rare stuff. Sell the cheap stuff that isn't worth using in potions. You probably have shitloads of bokoblin horns for example, do you ever use them? Sell that poo poo. Moblin horns? Garbage. Chuchu jelly? You can't even make potions with that! Make it an elemental variant to double its value and then sell it.

Kilton doesn't exactly have a giant inventory so you don't need tons of mon anyways.

EDIT: Which reminds me, has anyone datamined the game yet to figure out exactly how cooking works? I've played long enough that I'm fine with the mystery being gone and just want the best results.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I just make Stealth food and sell that for massive profit.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

FAT BATMAN posted:

Save your guts and Lizalfo stuff. The Climbing set uses Keese Wings so save those if you don't have it upgraded to level 2. Everything else is pretty easy to get.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

FAT BATMAN posted:

If you're upgrading all armor to max, don't sell any Lizalfos tails, Keese wings, or any guts. You can generally go wild selling horns and teeth. You'll need some Chu Jelly but it's so easy to come across you can sell any extra you have. You can also sell any excess Ancient Screws you have (over and above the number of shafts/springs/gears).

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Astro7x posted:

Is there a list anywhere of the type of Korok seed puzzles?

I just learned from a YouTube video that you can get them by shooting apples off trees with arrows? Um... how is that supposed to be obvious.
It's less about shooting apples off of trees (and why do people say that? You don't have to shoot them, they just have to be removed from the tree) and more about noticing something odd and dealing with it appropriately.

well why not posted:

I was mixed on durability until I realised that the warning is just a prompt to throw that poo poo in somebody's face for bonus. Degradation is cool.
The thing is though, the bonus you get for throwing the weapon is the same as the bonus you get for the weapon breaking upon striking, so you don't ever actually have to throw a weapon at all, unless you have something else to gain from throwing it.

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't sell your rare stuff. Sell the cheap stuff that isn't worth using in potions. You probably have shitloads of bokoblin horns for example, do you ever use them? Sell that poo poo. Moblin horns? Garbage. Chuchu jelly? You can't even make potions with that! Make it an elemental variant to double its value and then sell it.

Kilton doesn't exactly have a giant inventory so you don't need tons of mon anyways.

EDIT: Which reminds me, has anyone datamined the game yet to figure out exactly how cooking works? I've played long enough that I'm fine with the mystery being gone and just want the best results.
Aside from actual special recipes that result in certain kinds of things, the numerical values for different ingredients are out there somewhere already.

ToiletKitty
Aug 8, 2007

FAT BATMAN posted:

I used this reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/620nfn/botw_which_gemsores_are_best_to_sell_also_what/dfixb7g/

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Keep in mind if you do not use a backup of an amiibo that you own you are committing theft and copyright fraud.

Yes. I will keep that in mind.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gamestop has credited the Nintendo Switch with a massive increase in store foot traffic and believe it will last for a while. They are selling this device (which has seemed to gain popularity recently across many game forums for pirating amiibo) that cuts into Nintendo and their own amiibo profits.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It actually doesn't do that but we don't need to have this stupid loving conversation again in a serious way

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

Regy Rusty posted:

Now that's really something

Just a pasture full of Epona clones

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
https://rankedboost.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild/armor-upgrades/#upgrade
This is what I use for looking up armor upgrade components. Very useful resource.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spacebump posted:

I'm of the opinion of "gently caress scrounging around on eBay to pay 10x retail price for a knick knack that unlocks content in a game I already paid $60 for"

So I say nice work datel and GameStop.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

snograt posted:

https://rankedboost.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild/armor-upgrades/#upgrade
This is what I use for looking up armor upgrade components. Very useful resource.

I think some of the amiibo ones are off on how many star fragments are needed for later upgrades.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd buy a Bokoblin amiibo if it gave me a boko club with infinite durability.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
This is pretty amazing. Who knew they had swim animations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTl-kqBa5sI

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm of the opinion of "gently caress scrounging around on eBay to pay 10x retail price for a knick knack that unlocks content in a game I already paid $60 for"

So I say nice work datel and GameStop.

:same: this was a great buy. For my legal backups of all the amiibos I own, obviously.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Keep in mind if you do not use a backup of an amiibo that you own you are committing theft and copyright fraud.

Not if you delete the bin within 24 hours!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Spoofing amiibos is badwrong and immoral! That's why I just bypassed all that poo poo and used internet magic to hack the game directly.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Spergatory posted:

Spoofing amiibos is badwrong and immoral! That's why I just bypassed all that poo poo and used internet magic to hack the game directly.

I'm ok with this. Carry on.

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just beat it. Wish the last boss had another form or something, tho I think it was about on par with the end sequence from OoT

curious though, how can you get molten ganon vulnerable without the lightning charge spell? Pretty sure I spammed his rear end with shock arrows to no avail

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

*the biggest fart humanly possible*

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

Just beat it. Wish the last boss had another form or something, tho I think it was about on par with the end sequence from OoT

curious though, how can you get molten ganon vulnerable without the lightning charge spell? Pretty sure I spammed his rear end with shock arrows to no avail

parry the beams

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

I'm pretty sure the only other way to damage him in that phase is by either parrying his laser or getting a perfect dodge into rush.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm ok with this. Carry on.

Modifying software is illegal. I'm calling the police.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Unmature posted:

I think you can use any inventory.

You can also do this.

I just did all the terminals in this beast and didn't even come across the proper way to do this. As far as I can tell, this is the way to turn these on.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Zelda: Breath of the Wild - The two most opposite extremes of ip theft opinions itt also you can skip the blood moon cutscene

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
THE BLOOD MOON RISES AGAIN.

BE CAREFUL, LINK!

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Thunderblight Ganon was the easiest boss so far

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The korok seed rises again!

Yahaha, link!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

spit on my clit posted:

The korok seed rises again!

Yahaha, link!

Aw poo poo, time to get all 900 seeds again.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Is there anything good in that chest hanging from a rope in the camel? Or should I not bother with figuring out how to get it?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Unmature posted:

Is there anything good in that chest hanging from a rope in the camel? Or should I not bother with figuring out how to get it?

I'd like to know what it was too because I shot it down with an arrow and it was gone forever.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

IIRC it's like an opal or something unimportant. You just stasis it, shoot the string, then try to catch it with magnesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
You can also magnesis it into swinging and time an arrow shot to break the rope as it's swinging towards you.