Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol see perfect example

So my math is wrong? I'm not sure where you're going here.

I've definitely been in the position where spending that kind of money just on coffee/whatever of $100-150 a month would have made the difference between "living paycheck to paycheck" and having some moderate level of financial security.

If you've never been in this position then good for you. But it's a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol see perfect example

It can be a real percentage of income close to minimum wage. Downgrading to Starbucks or Dunkins might save a few %.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling a woman in a packed coffee shop that I'd move "when her friend came"?

So I've noticed this annoying and demeaning and rage inducing trend where a public place is packed (Starbucks, library, park, commuter rail), I sit at an empty seat and a lady sitting across says that seat is taken as she is waiting for her friend. Yes, even on a packed train where we're all going home after work, though this one starts off with their purse and bags taking up the seat.

As you can probably feel from the vibe of my post, I feel this is incredibly selfish and uncalled for behavior. We live in a society (America), hoarding a public good (seats) like this leads to anarchy in the system (people must stand, sit on the ground, walk far away to find an alternative) as there is less for everyone else (2 seats for 1 person). The final straw that broke the camel's back was when I was at the university library, it was packed, the same "this seat is taken for a friend who is coming", and fortunately someone else was leaving and I took their spot, only to witness the woman 45 minutes later leave with no one ever arriving.

After that whenever I ask if that seat is available and I hear the "I'm waiting for a friend" I say "alright well I'll leave when the friend arrives", and just sit down. And if the other person arrives, I get up and go. Which I think is a fair compromise. Though at this point it's exhausting trying to change everyone and so I see a girl telling people that open seat is taken and I don't even pick that battle anymore, going somewhere else totally.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for publicly confronting my dad at our regular coffee shop after he “jokingly” shamed me for not paying our bill?

I went for coffee with my dad at our usual spot. We meet at the same few coffee shops about twice a week. We take turns buying each time. When we got to the cash he said “of course you’re not paying!! What’s new” really loudly and looked at everyone working even though it was his turn to pay and I paid last time. He’s made this “joke” so many times before and I told him to stop because I think it’s disrespectful to me and embarrassing. He’ll say things like “are you pulling out your wallet? Yeah didn’t so...” etc.

I’ve never been a freeloader ever and he does not support me financially in any way. I told him it’s wasn’t funny and I was really upset. I said that he would never say that to his mom or his girlfriend so why me? Then I put a $5 on his plate and said to not bother paying for me again. I did say it loudly enough that the people around us could hear. He got really mad at me and said I was making a scene. I said “it’s not nice to be publicly embarrassed is it?”. I asked him for an apology and he wouldn’t say sorry or promise he would stop doing it. I’m not sure if I overreacted or not. Am I being sensitive?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for clarifying that an iced coffee is cold?

The family and I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for some morning beverages. When placing her order my wife asked for an iced latte. The person taking our order then asked if she wanted that hot or cold. I interrupted the exchange to say "an iced latte is cold." I immediately got the death stare from my wife and I'm sure the employee saw it and I didn't say anything else.

Afterward my wife yelled at me for being so rude. I defended my case by saying her job was to take your order. When someone orders an iced drink it isn't necessary to immediately ask if they want it hot or cold. So she must not have been paying attention. I also reminded her that I am a smart rear end by nature and I didn't really mean anything by it. But you could see a downshift in the employees upbeat attitude afterward.

I think I could've diffused the situation at the time but my wife reacted so quickly that I didn't have a chance to follow up with the "I'm just messing with ya." And I think she certainly did deserve to be messed with but I wasn't trying to ruin her morning.

So am I the rear end in a top hat?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for clarifying that an iced coffee is cold?

The family and I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for some morning beverages. When placing her order my wife asked for an iced latte. The person taking our order then asked if she wanted that hot or cold. I interrupted the exchange to say "an iced latte is cold." I immediately got the death stare from my wife and I'm sure the employee saw it and I didn't say anything else.

Afterward my wife yelled at me for being so rude. I defended my case by saying her job was to take your order. When someone orders an iced drink it isn't necessary to immediately ask if they want it hot or cold. So she must not have been paying attention. I also reminded her that I am a smart rear end by nature and I didn't really mean anything by it. But you could see a downshift in the employees upbeat attitude afterward.

I think I could've diffused the situation at the time but my wife reacted so quickly that I didn't have a chance to follow up with the "I'm just messing with ya." And I think she certainly did deserve to be messed with but I wasn't trying to ruin her morning.

So am I the rear end in a top hat?

I guarantee that employee has been screamed at by a customer pissed off that their iced latte wasn't hot. Probably on that exact same day. Possibly by that exact same rear end in a top hat.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Saying just messing with you isn’t the salve he thinks it is.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

kimbo305 posted:

It can be a real percentage of income close to minimum wage. Downgrading to Starbucks or Dunkins might save a few %.

$130 dollars of coffee a month would eat about 21% of my monthly budget.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
uhm.

on purpose?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

Like a jackpot at the nickel slots for five hours straight

Wife start making Hogan's Heroes jokes how she's married to Colonel Klink.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
not to brag, but I had a plantation wedding on the cheap for the amount of money some of you spend on iced coffees

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gvibes posted:

It’s pretty tough to describe to kids. We tried to explain that we are better off than most, and try to help others/donate/etc. to our kids, that was translated to “we have sooooo much money we just give it away all the time”

lmfao

i can only imagine how tough it is to explain money things to kids, but your kid is fuckin :discourse:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kimbo305 posted:

The real trick is to subsidize your food and coffee by getting the office to stock it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

not to brag, but I had a plantation wedding on the cheap for the amount of money some of you spend on iced coffees

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Motronic posted:

So my math is wrong? I'm not sure where you're going here.

I've definitely been in the position where spending that kind of money just on coffee/whatever of $100-150 a month would have made the difference between "living paycheck to paycheck" and having some moderate level of financial security.

If you've never been in this position then good for you. But it's a thing.

Your math is fine, Charles is alluding to boomers blaming widespread poverty among millenials on their love of coffee and avocado toast instead of the systemic problems that the boomer upper class created. While it's true that daily coffees add up, it's also true that boomers could more often afford similar habits.

Talking about daily coffee is akin to victim blaming, essentially.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pinecone Sample posted:

Did you tip the plantation owners?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That makes sense, and I see the disconnect.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
well i only had the one slave at the time

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I confronted my sister about how she is raising her child.

I have lived with my sister for many months, and ofc been around her before that. Now that her kid is getting older, I have been getting concerned with how she's raising him. Context her only son is 7 almost 8 and she is a single mother.

She still sleeps with him in her bed. He doesn't have his own bed or his own room, they completely share one. There is another room in the place, but she uses it as a guest bedroom instead. It has gotten to the point where he cant fall asleep unless someone else is in the room.

There have been times where she will go; switch over laundry or take the trash out, and she doesnt tell her kid. When he looks around and can't find her he immediately panicks. "Wheres mom". The second she comes back he will run to her and hug her and say he misses her. There was a time where she was late coming come, while I was babysitting. She said she would be home at 12,and when 12 :30 hit her kid started throwing a fit about her being late and cried. Despite me telling him she said she would be late.

She aids him in his panick by talking about her death. "If I die you can go live with nana and granpa".

She speaks through her child when she doesnt want to do things like " I dont think insert childs name would like that" even though sometimes her kid will pipe up and say he wants to do it. She let's him do whatever, and helps him often. Sometimes when he cant find things he will literaly just stand wherever he is look around and go "can you find it for me" and she does, without fail everytime.

I feel I should confront her. I may not be a doctor but this seems like textbook separation anxiety, and he is only 7. I have talked with my mom about it and she agrees that my sister may not see what's going on. I am just worried what this could do to a kid over time, because seeing a kid panick at such a young age about things that are not panick worthy is worrying.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for ordering room service late at night?

My flight was delayed and I arrived at my hotel at 10:45. Was supposed to land at 7 and didn’t land until 10 so I didn’t have dinner and was a bit hungry. While checking in, the guy behind the desk asks me if I’ve had dinner yet, then tells me the restaurant closes at 11 so I have 15 minutes left if I want to order room service. Get to my room and decide I just want to get a bowl of soup, nothing heavy. I call room service at 10:50 and the guy answering the phone sounds annoyed af ... sighing, asking if what I’m ordering is on the late night menu (it was) then tells me they’re closing soon and he’ll put the order in. I have worked in restaurants before and know how annoying it is when people come in and order food right before closing. But in this case all they had to do was bring me the food (which I assume was already made) and wouldn’t have to wait for me to finish eating because I’d be eating in my room. So I really wasn’t delaying their ability to get out of there on time. So AITA?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Welp

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for ordering room service late at night?

My flight was delayed and I arrived at my hotel at 10:45. Was supposed to land at 7 and didn’t land until 10 so I didn’t have dinner and was a bit hungry. While checking in, the guy behind the desk asks me if I’ve had dinner yet, then tells me the restaurant closes at 11 so I have 15 minutes left if I want to order room service. Get to my room and decide I just want to get a bowl of soup, nothing heavy. I call room service at 10:50 and the guy answering the phone sounds annoyed af ... sighing, asking if what I’m ordering is on the late night menu (it was) then tells me they’re closing soon and he’ll put the order in. I have worked in restaurants before and know how annoying it is when people come in and order food right before closing. But in this case all they had to do was bring me the food (which I assume was already made) and wouldn’t have to wait for me to finish eating because I’d be eating in my room. So I really wasn’t delaying their ability to get out of there on time. So AITA?

amazing how someone can still be impervious to empathy when they loving worked the same exact job themselves

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Yawgmoth posted:

Did you tip the plantation owners?

10%, he called my girlfriend (my wife's maid of honor) fat when he accused her of clogging the toilet (I did it, but I wasn't going to own up to it)

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Got a date but not a lot of money? Get some googly eyes and some glue for the best cheap date possible.

quote:

I've done this a couple of times when I really liked someone but I didn't have enough to take her out and wanted to make an impression. Idk where I heard of this but it's worked well for me.

Get some googly eyes and glue and take them on a walk around town. Places they go often are best.

You just walk around putting eyes on things to make faces. It's a lot of fun and bring out the creativity of you both. What's best is that after the date they will see them often and think about you every time. AND it kind of adds some fun to the neighborhood. Ain't no one mad at googly eyes. God speed my friends!

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My (15F) boyfriend (16M) gets aroused around me sometimes

quote:

He admitted to getting erections sometimes, especially during hugs. And then he admitted that yes he does feel some sexual feelings towards me, but is going to wait until he can legally have sex (only if I consent to it as well).

Do I have to be concerned here

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Teenagers are so loving stupid lol

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (15F) boyfriend (16M) gets aroused around me sometimes

:murder: this disgusting scum

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

Your math is fine, Charles is alluding to boomers blaming widespread poverty among millenials on their love of coffee and avocado toast instead of the systemic problems that the boomer upper class created. While it's true that daily coffees add up, it's also true that boomers could more often afford similar habits.

Talking about daily coffee is akin to victim blaming, essentially.
I mean some people are just super bad with money and its not victim blaming to say the lady making 50k a year that blows a couple hundo each week on uber eats could just adjust their lifestyle a bit and completely afford a replacement to their beater van.

Charles prolly hasnt had much of a struggle himself if he's never been in a position where he did feel guilty about snagging some fast food cause it was a big impact on the budget, otherwise he could spread a bit of that empathy to people who grew up poor and roll their eyes when they hear people who they see waste money everyday constantly complain about being broke.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pinecone Sample posted:

Got a date but not a lot of money? Get some googly eyes and some glue for the best cheap date possible.
I'm gonna do this

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Freudian posted:

AITA for logging into my mom and aunts Facebook accounts and stopping a ridiculous and deeply revealing and embarrassing flame war they had going on?

this guy is a loving hero

EDIT: apparently OP censored Trump and not fucker because AITA has a political filter.

I like the cut of this dude’s jib

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My girlfriend [22/F] is seriously considering breaking up with me [23/M] and I pulled a prank on her.

quote:

My girlfriend has astrophobia, which is basically a fear of outer space. Her fear stems from being afraid of any type of cosmic event that could end the world. She's afraid of asteroids, gamma ray bursts, black holes, etc. and I decided to have some fun with that. While she was sleeping at around 1:00 this morning, I woke her up and I started yelling at her that she needed to get up because an asteroid was heading for Earth. I told her that we needed to pack the essentials and drive towards our nearby Air Force base to seek shelter. She was scrambling around our apartment and trying to pack clothes and food while I was having a phone conversation with my mom, who was in on the prank. I had the phone on speaker and she was acting and saying stuff like "Me and your father are already at the base!" and "The news is saying that the asteroid will be here any minute!" This really added to the prank and my girlfriend was in complete panic mode. My girlfriend was at the door and urging me to hurry up and we got in her car and she began driving to the Air Force base.

While she was driving, I told her that I saw on the news that an asteroid had slipped under NASA's radar and snuck it's way into our atmosphere. She was driving as fast as possible and she was driving at dangerous speeds. I then began to worry that she was going to wreck and I had to call off the prank. I told her that I was just joking around and that we could go home. She was PISSED and she even threatened to leave me and drive off without me in the middle of nowhere. When we got back to the apartment, I went to call my mom and let her know how the prank went, but my girlfriend comes out of nowhere with a cup of coffee and splashes it all over me. It burned me and also broke my phone and my girlfriend locked me out of our room for the rest of the night.

And earlier today, she told me that she's "seriously considering" breaking up with me. I think she has some nerve to say that since she broke my phone and threw hot coffee on me, but I still don't want to break up with her. What can I do to apologize and prevent a break up?

The user has over 20 posts of varying ages, stories and issues but I was just really surprised there was a search result for 'asteroids'. Let's move on to something different.

Me [28F] with my [34m] boyfriend's son [15M] He factory reset my PS3, destroying gaming date from my late brother. I am heartbroken.

quote:

My brother died three years ago. He was 30 when it happened. It was a blood clot, which is not surprising as he had been on bed rest and was overweight. I know my brother had his issues, but Mark was my best friend. We were really close, despite being 5 years younger than him.

I pretty much inherited most of his stuff, including his car. But the thing I prized was his PS3, which had all the games we played together backed up. We loved Skyrim and had almost 200 hours on there between the two of us. He named my character and it felt like he was with me.

My boyfriend is aware of what happened. Due to issues, my boyfriend and I have our own rooms. Mine is also my office, but he snores and I sleep talk. So we can't sleep together. We do cuddle before we go to sleep. We have a third bedroom for his son, and a guest room. The house is nice and we have worked hard to get where we are.

I am not sure why Luke (his 15 year old son) reset the PS3. But I came home to everything wiped off. I have been crying since. I know that is silly for a 28 year old woman to do, but its how I feel. Its like I lost the last real tangible thing between my brother and I. I know it would have happened eventually, but I thought I would have a few more years before the system burned out. Playstations last forever, I still have my PS2 in working order.

I am not sure what to say. Mark grounded Luke and reset his gaming systems, which caused Luke to freak out. I don't know if that is how I would have handled it, but it is what it is. Mark has also told Luke he is not going to prom and his allowance is getting cut.

The kid doesn't live with us but his mom is super liberal and smokes pot, comes over and hangs out with me sometimes. So we are kind of friends, despite the 10 year age gap. Mark told Lily what happened and she has already said Luke is grounded when he gets over to her house, though I am not sure what her punishment will be.

I don't want to see Luke burned alive, I just don't know how to forgive him. Why delete all the info? Was he trying to sell it? IDK. But I bought a lock for my room and it feels like I can't trust a kid I used to really like hanging out with. He has never done something like this to me, but seems to be reluctant to apologize.

WHen his dad told him to apologize, he said "sorry, whatever." I was supposed to take him to a friend's house to study, but Mark told him to ride his bike. Mark has told Luke he has to earn my favors again.

It just feels painful for something so silly to have ruined a relationship I had with a great kid. What do I do?

tl;dr: Boyfriend's teenage son erased my PS3 game date, which my late brother and I played together. I feel hurt. What do I do?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Sorry Whatever should be grounds for them to round up all his game gear and sell it off, since he obviously doesn't think it matters.

I was on the side of maybe cut him a little slack until then. I'm frankly surprised the other adults have their heads on straight about it.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My girlfriend [22/F] is seriously considering breaking up with me [23/M] and I pulled a prank on her.

The user has over 20 posts of varying ages, stories and issues but I was just really surprised there was a search result for 'asteroids'. Let's move on to something different.

Me [28F] with my [34m] boyfriend's son [15M] He factory reset my PS3, destroying gaming date from my late brother. I am heartbroken.

prank couple kind of deserves each other

I had 3 or 4 dead PS2s, and every once in a while my PS3 spins up like it's ready for takeoff but enough about me, that teen is still a little poo poo who should lose all Gamer Privileges

also made me think of this http://animalcrossingtragedy.ytmnd.com/

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean some people are just super bad with money and its not victim blaming to say the lady making 50k a year that blows a couple hundo each week on uber eats could just adjust their lifestyle a bit and completely afford a replacement to their beater van.

Charles prolly hasnt had much of a struggle himself if he's never been in a position where he did feel guilty about snagging some fast food cause it was a big impact on the budget, otherwise he could spread a bit of that empathy to people who grew up poor and roll their eyes when they hear people who they see waste money everyday constantly complain about being broke.

I grew up poor you hack, I’ve had judgmental people act exactly as you have because they have never struggled and pretend their lower middle class was some struggle that they got out of so why don’t poor people just exist on rice and beans. Like that would really change things

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I had a fight with my boyfriend and ended up dropping him off at a farm

quote:

My boyfriend is a lot younger than I am so I am very forgiving to him when he does or says insensitive things to me. I usually attribute his insensitivity to ignorance. I generally don't think the hosed up poo poo he says to me is intentionally said to get a rise out of me, I think the hosed up poo poo he says to me is said because he does not realize it is insensitive.

However, after last night, I am starting to think he is gas lighting me and may be intentionally pushing my buttons because he likes to elicit reactions within me. I think he kind of gets off on watching me react.

Anyway, last night he said something that just really hurt my feelings. We were laying in bed and I was falling asleep. I rolled over to wrap my body around his and he said to me, "Do you want to listen to me jerk off to porn as you are falling asleep baby?" I was like, "ummm, no, I would much rather you gently caress me than listen to you jerk off to porn".

Anyway, the whole thing just got out of control and it ended with me putting him in the car and driving him to a farm and telling him to get out of the car and go live with the animals until he learns to behave like a proper human.

I do love him and I do actually want to make everything work with him but I really do not know how much more of his insensitivity I can take.

I guess what I am asking here is how do you know for sure if someone is gas lighting you or if they are just really ignorant?

quote:

I am 37 and he is 27

quote:

Not really. An over reaction would have been crying or yelling or something. I calmly told him to get his stuff and get in the car. I drove 10 miles down the road and calmly told him to get out of the car and go sleep with the animals.

quote:

He spent the night at the farm and slept in a pasture. Walked home this morning and he said he was sorry and acted like nothing happened.

quote:

He knew he was bad and he was willing to accept his punishment.

"you were pushing my buttons," the respite of the abusive partner

Pinecone Sample fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 30, 2019

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm the obviously missing details in the part that actually matters(a minor thing happened and then all of a sudden I was dropping my BF off at a farm! happens all the time, right?). Reminds me of this.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pinecone Sample posted:

10%, he called my girlfriend (my wife's maid of honor) fat when he accused her of clogging the toilet (I did it, but I wasn't going to own up to it)

This is just the sort of moral cowardice that defines the Yankee.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinecone Sample posted:

That was a somewhat insane line, but what the hell. Just gonna toss my BF into the pigsty at midnight because we had an argument!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [M 25] Future Father in Law [M 50+] is angry that I didn't invite him to my Bachelor Party

quote:

We've know each other for 4 years now.

I just got back from a 3 day long bachelor party in Las Vegas and I'm trying to figure out why my future father in law is so angry about the situation.

I'm going to call Future Father in Law FFIL throughout the post.

The party was planned with a couple friends from High school and college. We planned around going to Las Vegas, gambling, drinking, clubbing, the whole 9 yards.

I posted a daily update at the end of each day on social media to celebrate how awesome my friends are and how memorable the trip has been. The first day FFIL posts a passive aggressive comment on my post of "why are you in Vegas?" And "thanks for the invite 😕😕😕". I ignore him.

Day 2 comes and I do it again and he posts "😠😠😠" all over my posts. I just ignore him.

Day 3 comes and I'm playing blackjack in a casino when I receive this exact message "you might not have been the one who organized the bachelor party, but I should have been invited. I probably would have not been able to attend, but I should have been given the opportunity to go."

Mind you I had been drinking, I was in a casino and I didn't want to deal with it, but I didn't want to ignore him either so I responded "I'd be happy to talk about it when I get home if you want. Let me know."

FFIL also responded with "Not scoring a lot of points with me lately. I feel a bit disrespected twice now. You don't have the decency to even talk to me about your intent to marry my daughter. I approve, but you should have at least let me know you were going to propose to her."

That last point was had a long conversation we had months ago and I had thought we came to a mutual understanding that I just am not traditional like that. Desperate the that he felt the need to bring it up again.

Day 3 of the party is over in which I reported I actually made over $400 in the casino, and FFIL passive aggressive comments continue.

Now that I'm home my open invitation to talk to me is still open to him but he hasn't taken my up on it. He's been silent since I've offered to resolve this face to face.

Not really sure what to do at this point. Do I wait for him to talk to me, or do I reach out to him? What should I say/do?

TLDR: FFIL is mad I didn't invite him to my Bachelor party and during the trip he blew up my social media and private messages me multiple times to express his disappointment.