Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Ainsley McTree posted:

No DC's for me, but I'm getting lag in dungeons :/

I had trouble staying connected to EXDR twice. Seems to have been a duty finder error. I was able to do a Lakshmi Ex party and a O2N without trouble, though (aside from failing at Lakshmi Ex and having the group fall apart after half a dozen wipes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

If you have to see it more than once it's a bad macro.

You would not have enjoyed the dungeons we ran last night.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
Letter from the Producer 39 starts in a few mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK5Vs7D8ye8

e:
4.1 goes live on the 10th.
Ivalice and Shirogane with 4.1.
Bards get the "Perform" action, can actually play music on their harps. Yoshi strummed out the Kugane theme.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialApatheticNikudonItsBoshyTime

Griever fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 29, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
:siren: You get the Squats emote from GC squad dungeon runs :siren:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Blockhouse posted:

Welp. Guess it's time to level those guys seriously.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Please tell me it's persistent and I can just afksquat all day.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I can't wait to see what Stage Reborn can do now that Bard has Ocarina of Time style music inputs

Also me on october 10th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1JJGSJW4PI

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

It's not just squats its all the workout emotes

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

It's just going to be endless squats and pushups outside the fc houses.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Wake me up when I can get a clean and jerk emote

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Forgive me for doubting, I have seen the light and Leg Day is dawning on us all

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was gonna play shadow of war on the 10th....squats though...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Someone please link the gif of Gobert squatting up and down.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oh gently caress.

quote:

Squadron Glamour
Players will be able to change the squadron member outfits.

My squadron will not be simple soldiers. They will be art.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

How long until the Mecanist job's turret gets replaced by a Alexander raid boss?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's not just squats its all the workout emotes

Considering my current glam makes me look like I escaped from a 1980s exercise video, I am hype for this.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Sinners Sandwich posted:

How long until the Mecanist job's turret gets replaced by a Alexander raid boss?

Square, please do this, I'm asking nicely.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

Square, please do this, I'm asking nicely.

If Mechanist got to summon Cruise Chaser I wouldn't play another class ever.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

If Mechanist got to summon Cruise Chaser I wouldn't play another class ever.

Monkey Paw wish. When you summon Cruise Chaser the background music changes to Exponential Entropy and now everybody in your party wants to kick you. (except for the cool people who approve of your musical taste)

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I knew my choice to assemble a heard of giraffes for my squadron would be the right choice. I will have the best fashion show.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

And with this addition that brings the list up to a full 1000 reasons you should never trust someone who has a lalafell in their squadron.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Imagine how embarrassing it will be when you take your squadron into a dungeon and they kick you for poor dps.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
gonna celebrate the 10th as squats day

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
My entire squad will look like me and my OT.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Me and my lv50 bros are ready for October. :getin:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
There are two kinds of people who play this game: people who are excited for squadron dungeons, and people who have done the level 65 RDM quest.

Stop standing in the bad X'Ruhn :argh:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

There are two kinds of people who play this game: people who are excited for squadron dungeons, and people who have done the level 65 RDM quest.

Wait,
are we actually going to be inside of dungeons with the squad and you play through it with your dumb NPC bros?

I assumed it would just be new missions that had the dungeon names or something.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I thought he did fine.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Speaking of RDM, I finally started leveling mine. Even the "basic" lv50 rotation is pretty complicated! I think I get it, though. I like the design.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Speaking of RDM, I finally started leveling mine. Even the "basic" lv50 rotation is pretty complicated! I think I get it, though. I like the design.

I was in a level 60 dungeon on whm and had the opportunity to introduce the Jolt-Veraero and Jolt-Verthunder rotation to a RDM who was casting Veraero and Verthunder w/o doublecast.

They said they mostly did solo content on RDM. I can only imagine the joy getting from 50-60 was for them.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

If it helps

1. You can order them to retreat which makes them all run back to your position

2. There's only like five dungeons you can do and it's some of the most simple ones in the game (like the only complicated one is Wanderer's Palace I guess?)

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Mymla posted:

I thought he did fine.

The one where you fight the giant book boss from Gubal NM, right? I had to run it three times because he would park next to one of the exploding orbs that it throws around, get a ton of vulnerability stacks, then eat poo poo. I wound up having to maneuver the boss around very carefully so that he couldn't Displacement and land next to one, as well as having to drag it out of his range to force him to move when one landed near him.

No one else seems to have had this issue but I wasn't happy about wasting an hour on two failed runs (it's a long solo duty too) because he refused to move his dumb catboy rear end two feet away.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

comingafteryouall posted:

I was in a level 60 dungeon on whm and had the opportunity to introduce the Jolt-Veraero and Jolt-Verthunder rotation to a RDM who was casting Veraero and Verthunder w/o doublecast.

They said they mostly did solo content on RDM. I can only imagine the joy getting from 50-60 was for them.

Ugh that's worse than blms who just cast fire 3.

Also yeah what's this about squad dungeons now?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I can't wait to see what Stage Reborn can do now that Bard has Ocarina of Time style music inputs

Also me on october 10th

Prepare to be disappointed when they completely gently caress it up like they did with their awful unintuitive transmog system, housing, and every other piece of fluff content they add to the game

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just skimmed the live letter notes and there's one feature mentioned that I don't remember from before: you'll be able to retrieve materia from equipment.

I'm wondering if some reagent will be required to do this, or if there might be a failure rate of some kind. Or maybe it will be as easy as just having a high enough crafting level, like with melding. At any rate, materia prices might be shifting around soon.

I figured out the gimmick with Jolt and Veraero/Verthunder during the first job quest where you're fighting the dudes in robes. The NPC trainer even tells you, hey, remember to take advantage of Dualcast! So I figured the trick was to use Dualcast to skip the long cast times!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DizzyBum posted:

I'm wondering if some reagent will be required to do this, or if there might be a failure rate of some kind. Or maybe it will be as easy as just having a high enough crafting level, like with melding. At any rate, materia prices might be shifting around soon.

There's a set chance dependent on the tier (maybe gear level but I have my doubts), no reagent, anyone that has unlocked Spiritbonding can do it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I was this Red Mage except it was in Palace of the Dead :v: (in my defense I literally had never even equipped the class until I queued for it and it was like Floor 5).

Also Life of the Dragon Changes :toot:, and a Heavy Thrust nerf/buff?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Bolow posted:

I was this Red Mage except it was in Palace of the Dead :v: (in my defense I literally had never even equipped the class until I queued for it and it was like Floor 5).

Also Life of the Dragon Changes :toot:, and a Heavy Thrust nerf/buff?

Life of the Dragon changes means you don't get to use your cds including blood for blood on your nastronds ever, enjoy. :negative:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Rival Wings sounds like a MOBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Eopia posted:

Life of the Dragon changes means you don't get to use your cds including blood for blood on your nastronds ever, enjoy. :negative:

Might even out since you're getting 2 Nastronds in that same 90 second window now. One at 30 seconds and another at 60, alternating.

Christ now that I type that out, that's probably going to be real goddamn awkward to get used to :negative: