Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for building my mom a Minecraft World for Mother’s Day when I was 12?

quote:

Please don’t flame me, it was over a year ago. Also I’m on mobile.

It started last week when I was talking about Minecraft with my little 8yr old brother. My mom was in the room, and I brought up the world I made her last year. She laughed and said “Haha, yeah, with the crappy roller coaster? And that big statue of that thing from Seven Universe or whatever? It was so dorky, haha.” For background, I spent around a good month on this world. It started where you spawned on a big gold platform with four beacons. There were also four paths. One led to a huge roller coaster, the next to a big, walled in garden with little cats and sheep running about ( my mom loves plants). The third led to a giant pixel art of Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe. It was a show I thought she liked watching with me, always saying she was a fan of how progressive it was and that Lapis was her favorite character. It took a week to make. The last path led to a mansion I spent HOURS on. It had 3 stories, the first had the living room, kitchen, and dining area. The second was ALL her room, complete with a jacuzzi tub and everything. The top story was a big sun room, with potted plants and a balcony. I spent a lot of time and effort into making it, but I guess it was pretty stupid. I should have not wasted my time on a video game and just did something else. I just feel really bad, because I was fond of that world and really wanted her to like it.

Please give me peace of mind, Reddit. Was I a lovely kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

quote:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [26M] of two months, am I right to be weirded out by his behavior?

quote:

As I thought about it, though, I realized that it had apparently 'worked' on me because when I first met him I saw his pants and (no shame) was like 'drat'.
The one thing about this thread that continues to baffle me is stuff like this, something that I've always heard as a joke actually working as intended.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Maybe he know's she's the type to torch the relationship over things that don't matter

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pinecone Sample posted:

aww :/

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Saros posted:

I am disgusted by this and I NEED advice before my fiance gets home...

:murder:

This is a good one, the guy with a thousand piss bottles and 40 cum rag dress shirts in the attic has become a running joke about jerking off into expensive clothing with some of my friends

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

this just reminded me that a coworker shared an image that was from a fb group called like "Positive Polyamoury" or something and i think i made an audible "ughhhh" noise when i saw it then immediately unfollowed them

bored before hammocking:

i wonder why you don't see poly positive posts that often

:thunk:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Pick posted:

aww :/

The more I think about it, the more I hate myself for using surely hundreds of dollars of color ink to print things I drew in MSpaint and my parents never once told us to stop

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

ur gift is behind a paywall mom

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Saros posted:

I am disgusted by this and I NEED advice before my fiance gets home...

...a lock on the dresser? One of those invisi-fence systems on your side of the bedroom and laundry room? Maybe some kind of bitter spray that makes your fiance balk at putting his wingus on your clothes? Maybe just a new fiance?

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 4, 2019

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Me (28F) with Husband (28M), out of control foot fetish
Married for a year and together total for five

Since we became sexually active toward the beginning of our relationship, I knew about his foot fetish. At first it wasn't a huge deal. Now it's completely taking over his life.

He has a massive stash of pictures he's secretly taken of other people's feet while in public. I've told him it's weird and he'll say he's stopped, but then I catch him sneaking another. He's been spending a lot of time in the bathroom and admitted he was jerking to the pictures.

He posts on forums and sells them online. All his internet buddies from these sites give him a whole social community that revolves around feet. He's actively involved in "wiki feet", and will pore over photos for hours.

I've woken up with dried semen on my feet. His first response was to say he'd clean up next time... I don't want a "next time"!

I also have reason to believe his performance at work may be slacking because of this obsession.

Now, the final straw making me confess all this is how this morning he snuck pictures of my mom's feet at the pool. He's getting his rocks off to my family members. That was just the time I noticed - my brother and SIL are also here, and they have kids! This has got to stop. Immediately. I don't know how to get through to him! Every time he acts like he understands, then it's just a matter of time before it all slips back.

How do I make him stop acting on his fetish around other people??

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

What's up with the foot guys and inevitably being completely out of control about public creeping/generally having no boundaries? Is it because foot fetish is so common and innocuous-feeling that they assume they're okay to take it to insane levels?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Power Khan posted:

Me (28F) with Husband (28M), out of control foot fetish

This is important, if a woman asks if you like feet, "no" is actually the better answer than "not really, but you have nice feet, I guess"

Foot guys are the most deservedly discriminated against people in 2019

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

LGD posted:

weddings, properly done, are awesome

the secret is that they're not really about the bride and groom, they're about the community around the bride and groom marking a life passage and then all coming together to enjoy a good party with one another

This exactly. When me and Mrs Skunk got married we skipped a lot of traditional stuff, had everybody at cocktail tables during the ceremony while we had an open bar. Still get told to this day it was the best wedding the guests ever attended.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah virtually all our guests had to travel for our wedding so number one concern was everyone had to have a fantastic time. The ceremony itself lasted less than 10 minutes of the four days we had our friends and family around us. It worked out pretty great.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pinecone Sample posted:

This is important, if a woman asks if you like feet, "no" is actually the better answer than "not really, but you have nice feet, I guess"

Foot guys are the most deservedly discriminated against people in 2019

Foot fetish is common enough that I've met plenty of foot guys who were fine, and I don't consider it a red flag or anything, but... it seems like every time we have one of these "my partner is being obvious and gross about his fetish in public" stories, and there isn't any other serious underlying disability or mental illness, it's always feet. Maybe it's because feet are easy to creep on in public?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

'on the rocks with no ice'

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

JosephSkunk posted:

This exactly. When me and Mrs Skunk got married we skipped a lot of traditional stuff, had everybody at cocktail tables during the ceremony while we had an open bar. Still get told to this day it was the best wedding the guests ever attended.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah virtually all our guests had to travel for our wedding so number one concern was everyone had to have a fantastic time. The ceremony itself lasted less than 10 minutes of the four days we had our friends and family around us. It worked out pretty great.

Our reception was at a Denny's.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

kru posted:

'on the rocks with no ice'

He meant a rocks glass, but full to the brim.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

Our reception was at a Denny's.

to this day the only establishment from which i am banned is a denny's in salem, or

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pick posted:

to this day the only establishment from which i am banned is a denny's in salem, or

OMG! IT WAS A DENNY'S IN SALEM! :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Foot fetish is common enough that I've met plenty of foot guys who were fine, and I don't consider it a red flag or anything, but... it seems like every time we have one of these "my partner is being obvious and gross about his fetish in public" stories, and there isn't any other serious underlying disability or mental illness, it's always feet. Maybe it's because feet are easy to creep on in public?

I think there's something about feet not being obscene, about it being widespread yet somewhat uncommon. When I was a teenager dating a girl who wore flip-flops a lot, men sometimes thrice her age, sometimes while I was right there, would tell her she had pretty feet like they were being innocent, and the first person to ever say it. Once she told a guy off like "why would you say that to a stranger, nobody thinks it's okay to say that about my boobs" and he was just dumb-founded that she knew exactly what he was doing. I'll defer to women here because men who do hit on young women like that operate on not getting called out, foot fetish or not. But yeah, foot guys convince themselves that they're not doing anything perverted.

Pinecone Sample fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 4, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for sending my little brother to bed for farting at the dinner table? (I’m his older sister)

quote:

We live with our mom, and when she isn’t around, I’m in charge of my brother. I’m 17 and he’s 15, and he’s a total brat. My mom isn’t nearly hard enough on him which is why he’s the way he is. But I don’t let him get away with anything when I’m in charge.

Last night both of us sat down to eat dinner. Maybe five minutes after we started eating, my brother just farts right there at the dinner table. He knows by now that when I’m in charge the rule about farting is he needs to go to the bathroom and sit on the toilet to fart, and then flush it down.

But no, he decided he could just fart all over our dinner that I had just spent over an hour making. After he did that, I told him how disgusting he was and I grabbed his plate and dumped the rest of his food in the trash and told him to go to bed. He tried lying to me, saying he was sorry and that it was an accident, but I know that it was definitely on purpose and he did it to be rude.

He’s been acting upset ever since and he told me what I did was mean, and that I’m too strict on him but I don’t think that I am. AITA?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

OMG! IT WAS A DENNY'S IN SALEM! :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

omg poo poo i'm banned from your wedding dennys lol

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for cutting my friend out of my life upon hearing his intention to marry a homophobic woman?

Only a few mutual friends know, as the engagement aspect makes the fallout fairly hush hush, but the opinion so far has been pretty split with some people understanding my point of view but others claiming that I’m the rear end in a top hat for “throwing away” a long term friendship over personal belief differences.

"I believe I am a human being who deserves to exist, free from scorn and violence"

"Hmm. I respectfully disagree. Isn't it nice that we can have this debate?"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for sending my little brother to bed for farting at the dinner table? (I’m his older sister)

they replaced the toilet with an identical toilet except it has a joke hole that’s so small it’s only for farts

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pick posted:

you have to tell me this story

(i think you may have, years ago? but i cannot recall it)

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

YTA. Also, I’ll bet he’s going to sneak into her bedroom next time she’s not home and let it rip on her pillow.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

He knows by now that when I’m in charge the rule about farting is he needs to go to the bathroom and sit on the toilet to fart, and then flush it down.

you are a lunatic and making deranged rules like that only guarantees that he will try to fart on you as much as possible

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you have to tell me this story

(i think you may have, years ago? but i cannot recall it)

- underage
-drunk
- late at night
- terri schiavo was topical
- guitar!

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Pick posted:

- terri schiavo was topical
- guitar!

Did you have an amp or was it unplugged?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

MagusofStars posted:

YTA. Also, I’ll bet he’s going to sneak into her bedroom next time she’s not home and let it rip on her pillow.

Not again! She's already made her mom buy a new mattress three times this year!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

I put on my robe and fiduciary hat

Drop a DOT* on that MOB**

*Dividends over time

**Momentary observation bias

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Uh. You can't flush a fart. Like good luck. I hope that kid farts all under her blankets.

Also anyone giving to D.A.R.E. is a jackass supporting for-profit prisons. I'm sure I'm not the only one that was encouraged to tell the teacher of my parents smoked pot so the cops teaching the class could "help."

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Fart cop is 100% gonna grow up to be a real cop.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for handling my son's coming out the way I did?

So my son is gay apparently and he came out to me earlier today. My wife was eating breakfast while I was half eating it and half reading the newspaper. My son came downstairs and asked if we could talk. I said ok. The convo went something like this

​Son: Dad, I told mom yesterday and now I want to tell you. Well... I'm gay

​Me: Oh, ok

​Son: You're ok with it?

Me: Sure. Remember those condoms I bought you? You can still get STDs from guys

​Son: Oh uh... Thanks for understanding dad

​I thought that went well enough but after he left to hang out with some friends my wife got angry for not being "supportive" enough. I mean, truth is I got my feelings across just fine. I feel exactly the same way about him and could care less who he boinks. I'm not really that emotional or expressive and I feel neutral about the fact that my son is gay so that's what I expressed. My wife thinks I should've done hugging and told my son how much I loved him and stuff but I think that would have been a disservice as I'm pretty sure my son would've seen through the acting. I accepted him for who he is, isn't that enough?

Anyways, AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for facilitating my step daughter to get a tattoo without her parents knowing?

My 16 year old step-daughter Kiley confided in me a month ago that she wanted a tattoo. She had a pretty rough childhood (her mom had untreated bipolar, which contributed to why her and my husband divorced. She’s now medicated). She wants a tattoo on her arm that says “Not Today” (GOT quote) on her arm to remind herself to keep fighting, that everyday’s a new day, and that life is worth living, and that it gets better.

I knew my husband would never agree, but she said she was going to get this tattoo, with or without his approval. I rather have her tattoo’d by a professional than some inexperienced doofus, so I called up an old friend and explained the situation. She set up an appointment and the rest is history.

Well her mom found out about the tattoo last night when Kiley was spending the night over her place. Her and my husband got into a HUGE fight because Kiley told her that I helped her get the tattoo. My husband called me and asked what she was on about, and I admitted that I helped her get an appointment, but she was going to get one anyways.

Well he is furious at me. He asked what the hell did I think I was doing and I said I thought the kid might as well be safe if she was getting a tattoo. We had a huge argument and we haven’t spoken to each other since last night and he won’t answer my apology texts. I feel like I can kinda get why he’s upset, but at the same time, it’s her body and that’s what she wanted. Not to mention, she was going to get it anyways. Am I the rear end in a top hat for helping her out?

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Oh, so it's ok to name a kid "Kiley" but not for them to get a tattoo?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Really in hell world if a kid can drive a car and committ vehicular homicide, they might as well stick some ink in their skin. Life is short and lovely, and getting shorter and shittier. At least she didn't go to a scratcher and get the hep.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Kiley, we're a strictly tribal tattoo household ever since that vacay in Hawaii in 2013, you know this and you're disrespecting our family history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Letting your 16-year-old watch The Game of Thrones is not responsible, you might as well buy her a subscription to an incest porn site