Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Watch Sunderland-West Brom and support the winner. If no one wins, support them both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Apparently Maradonna Summer is a great poster!

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 15, 2014

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Syncopated posted:

Apparently Maradonna Summer is a great poster.

He is, in fact.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The most autistic thread in trp.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
I think we might've scared away some new people.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

sweek0 posted:

theyre waiting to see who wins in the first weekend so they can bandwagon

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

blue footed boobie posted:

Dear prospective Arsenal supporters:

Welcome to supporting Arsenal! Being an American Arsenal supporter is both cool and good, just like me, blue footed boobie. Just don't pretend to hate Spurs. You don't even know why you hate them, and it's weird and forced as hell. Instead you should follow the lead of me, blue footed boobie, and ignore the Spurs rivalry and hate Liverpool, because it is an disgusting, evil club with awful fans.

Thanks,

blue footed boobie.

I think I'm gonna hate Chelsea, United and Stoke, but I can hate Liverpool too.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Syncopated posted:

Just follow the same team as your favorite TRP poster.

Together We Will Troll Forever

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

Important information for all fence-sitting Americans. This article tells you, with certainty, which team to support

Everton Should Be America's De Facto Favorite Team in 2014 Premier League Season

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sweek0 posted:

I was genuinely intending this to be a thread for people to ask questions about what a trequartista is nobody knows or whether Spurs next trophy will be presented in hologram format nobody knows so they don't get dogpiled in the main thread

but I guess if it works as a vehicle to make fun of Americans and Sam Allardyce that is pretty good too

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

I actually quite like Arsenal, they play nice football, haven't won too much recently, and Wenger isn't a oval office.

Unfortunately, all Arsenal fans are horrible people and I can only wish pain on them, so I like to see them lose as much as possible.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
If you don't support a premier league club you can mock all these people equally. it owns

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

African AIDS cum posted:

If you don't support a premier league club you can mock all these people equally. it owns

Not always. :(

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Velvet Elvis posted:

Important information for all fence-sitting Americans. This article tells you, with certainty, which team to support

Everton Should Be America's De Facto Favorite Team in 2014 Premier League Season

Tim-may How-ward!

Clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!

Tim-may How-ward!

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

hopterque posted:

Dear american scum,

don't watch the EPL, it's stupid and for nerds, instead you should watch the Bundesliga, which is cool and good if you completely ignore Bayern. Also most of the rad dudes who won the world cup play in the Bundesliga which means it's the best league in the world, obviously.

I agree that my fellow American scum should resist the EPL because the founding fathers :911: didn't fight a war just for us to submit to the soft tyranny of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool, but watching a league like the Bundesliga that does boring and efficient things like "care about its league coefficient" and "adopt a responsible long-term approach to development and stability" may not be for everyone. Some people have a compulsive need to introduce unnecessary complexity into their lives. These people may find the rich surplus of insane owners, insane ultras, ill-advised Icardi tattoos, stadium/financial complications, and corruption scandals in Serie A more to their liking.

And Serie A is home--for a little while longer, anyway--to the raddest of all the dudes who won the World Cup (too bad he plays for a club that probably shouldn't be supported by anybody).

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The ideal team for a newcomer to support IMO is a big name historically, who have fallen on hard times. A sleeping giant, if you will. A team who are enough of a "name" for people to know who you're talking about, without being last season's champions or anything crass or "glory-hunting" like that. A team who have past glories for you to brag about, but who may not even have qualified for a European competition this year. But, by sticking with them through the wilderness years, you'll be able to claim precious "real fan" credentials when, one day in the distant future, they regain their previous excellence and win a trophy once again. Maybe the League Cup, maybe the FA Cup, maybe even the Premier League. Whatever it is, you'll be able to smile, nod sagely with a tear in your eye, and say "I remember when we finished seventh."

Basically I'm saying support Manchester United.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Vexin posted:

I agree that my fellow American scum should resist the EPL because the founding fathers :911: didn't fight a war just for us to submit to the soft tyranny of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool, but watching a league like the Bundesliga that does boring and efficient things like "care about its league coefficient" and "adopt a responsible long-term approach to development and stability" may not be for everyone. Some people have a compulsive need to introduce unnecessary complexity into their lives. These people may find the rich surplus of insane owners, insane ultras, ill-advised Icardi tattoos, stadium/financial complications, and corruption scandals in Serie A more to their liking.

And Serie A is home--for a little while longer, anyway--to the raddest of all the dudes who won the World Cup (too bad he plays for a club that probably shouldn't be supported by anybody).

Good Ole Miro the Hero (the guy is simply the best). Btw, i find it very odd that a Pole (who plays for Germany) is on a team called SS Lazio, and their team crest looks very 1942 esque

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

JG Wentworth posted:

Good Ole Miro the Hero (the guy is simply the best). Btw, i find it very odd that a Pole (who plays for Germany) is on a team called SS Lazio, and their team crest looks very 1942 esque

It is really good, like racism.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

JG Wentworth posted:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

African AIDS cum posted:

It is really good, like racism.

Okay, FIFA.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

JG Wentworth posted:

This is cute, he doesn't even know :3:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Laziowns

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

This is cute, he doesn't even know :3:

I guess it's my turn to post the inevitable--

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vexin posted:

I guess it's my turn to post the inevitable--

also

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

What does this say?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

What does this say?

"Auschwitz your country, the ovens your houses"

It was directed at Roma.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

I dont know the bottom pic, but the "Klose mit uns" is a reference (with Kloses name inserted for kommen) to what the concentration camp soldiers would say (i believe to go to the chambers). Correct me if im wrong.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

"Auschwitz your country, the ovens your houses"

It was directed at Roma.

Sick burns lol.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Sick burns lol.
Yes that is indeed what happened at Auschwitz

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

None of this should drive you away from Serie A though, it's the best.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

None of this should drive you away from Serie A though, it's the best.

It's just making me want to watch it more tbh

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

So, just in case there are any questioning newbies who haven't been scared away by the idea of following Serie A at this point, Serie A is also the league where this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrfmayO9COU

Short summary: Juventus was forced to close its curva because its adult ultras misbehaved. The club decided to turn lemons into lemonade by allowing cute little children to sit in the seats instead.

The children swore at the opposing goalkeeper and the club was fined 5,000 euros.

Like I said, Serie A is a league for those who want unnecessary complexity and dark humor (no, Pro Patria, not that kind!) to accompany their football.

e: what Gigi said, Serie A is awesome and brings joy into my life and I want it to bring joy into yours too.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

also, the patron saint of the serie a thread: dino de laurentiis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIGJwz8OFPI

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

^ that makes Zamparini vice-patron saint, right?

Here's a couple more gateway Serie A videos for the delectation of new TRP posters:

Atalanta fans and players drive a tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWkojrNjgIo

The work of Tiziano Crudeli: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U6LpvNzIeY

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

JG Wentworth posted:

I dont know the bottom pic, but the "Klose mit uns" is a reference (with Kloses name inserted for kommen) to what the concentration camp soldiers would say (i believe to go to the chambers). Correct me if im wrong.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I am going to preferentially watch newcastle games this season because I know nothing about them.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Primpod posted:

I am going to preferentially watch newcastle games this season because I know nothing about them.

good man, be prepared for disappointment

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

also, the patron saint of the serie a thread: dino de laurentiis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIGJwz8OFPI

That's Aurelio, not Dino!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
GD can you do a guide to Serie A racism a? Like the games that are most likely to have all the good racisms? I'd like to see some top top Italian intolerance, but I don't want to watch too many games because Serie A because its kinda poo poo.

• Locked thread