Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

IronicDongz posted:

No, you only need to charge for 1 second(full sniper charge is 3.3 seconds).
And it would still be pretty drat good even then. 50% damage vulnerability debuff at range is insanely good.

I've never understood this. You need to sit in one spot while it charges up, then you need to hit something that makes the debuff worthwhile, otherwise whatever minicrits the target would have killed it anyway. Then you need to hope someone else will hit them enough times for minicrits to be useful and they die. Instead of that, you could just get your stock sniper, scope in, do a quick 150 damage and jobs done.

I think it's really good to insult people with though. Name it something obnoxious and shoot piss until they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've never understood this. You need to sit in one spot while it charges up, then you need to hit something that makes the debuff worthwhile, otherwise whatever minicrits the target would have killed it anyway. Then you need to hope someone else will hit them enough times for minicrits to be useful and they die. Instead of that, you could just get your stock sniper, scope in, do a quick 150 damage and jobs done.

I think it's really good to insult people with though. Name it something obnoxious and shoot piss until they die.

I think a few people in this thread tend to vastly over estimate how useful the Sleeper is and how much rage it generates when you kill someone with it.

Its just not the same since they got rid of the croc-o-style set bonus :(

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

khwarezm posted:

I think a few people in this thread tend to vastly over estimate how useful the Sleeper is and how much rage it generates when you kill someone with it.

Its just not the same since they got rid of the croc-o-style set bonus :(

that bonus used to keep me alive on that one sniper map they always ran on 2f2f, with like, two paintings across a giant canyon.

i liked wearing that itemset on that map.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Otacon posted:

that bonus used to keep me alive on that one sniper map they always ran on 2f2f, with like, two paintings across a giant canyon.

Impressionist.

The flare gun map that people insisted on sniping for some reason and that never ended because someone always went AFK in a building and was unkillable.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Otacon posted:

The darwin's danger shield's bullet resistance does a similar thing -- it makes you able to survive snap headshots.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Otacon posted:

Only thing worse than snipers who can continuously hit headshot after headshot are snipers with 400+ ping who can continuously hit headshot after headshot, true story

Lag compensation. Player fires sniper rifle on same map as you; thats a headshot.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Have you ever been backstabbed while jumping? A knife that does no damage on a backstab but lifts the target 1 hu and inflicts the knockback of a backstab. That's how you do it.

Yes, but now you can make it a weapon to forever ruin the lives of others.

Medics, SOARING over the head of their pocket, and into enemy lines!

Snipers, flying off the battlements and into the carnage below!

Engineers, landing squarely in front of their sentry as it spits out hot lead!

Scouts, zooming off the point they were capturing as your start to fire your revolver at their dumb face!

The gameplay possibilities are endless somewhat plentiful!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Except not really, since the sentry is now focused on turning you into swiss cheese.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Yes, but now you can make it a weapon to forever ruin the lives of others.

Medics, SOARING over the head of their pocket, and into enemy lines!

Snipers, flying off the battlements and into the carnage below!

Scouts, zooming off the point they were capturing as your start to fire your revolver at their dumb face!

The gameplay possibilities are endless somewhat plentiful!

but you could just kill them with the regular knife

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

FirstPersonShitter posted:

but you could just kill them with the regular knife

'Chaos' spy. The truth engine of destruction. :eng101:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Make it also fling them when facestabbing, it's like a piss knife.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

it's like a piss knife.

This guy gets it!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Started playing this game for the first time in a while. First life, got a couple of kills as demoknight. Second life, computer locked up and some google chrome file got corrupted. 4/5

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there a reason there are auto-teleport-to-gift servers for lakeside and hightower, but not viaduct / manor?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I, too, like that being a chaos pyro of totally not playing pyro as accepted is just playing pyro like it is still the 2007

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

Dr. Dos posted:

Add this to the OP:

Excellent.

Xander77 posted:

Is there a reason there are auto-teleport-to-gift servers for lakeside and hightower, but not viaduct / manor?

Not sure why Viaduct doesn't have any but there are only 9 drops to get on Mann Manor, shouldn't take too long without idling.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

The babyface blaster fits snugly in my own personal category of 'This weapon is a joke to not be taken seriously - UNTIL IT EXISTS IN THE HANDS OF A COMPETENT PLAYER.'

I see one coming, and I smirk and usually paste the sucker, but now and then.... Yuck. You find someone who has honed their skills to a fine point. :argh:

BFB exists so that occasionally on randomizer servers you get a spy zooming around at high speed. Or, occasionally a heavy with BFB and something deadly like a sticky launcher.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

For some reason I can't fabricate the pile of curses - "no matching blueprint". What's up?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Xander77 posted:

For some reason I can't fabricate the pile of curses - "no matching blueprint". What's up?

Are you using fabricate a pile of curses or custom blueprint?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Jusupov posted:

Are you using fabricate a pile of curses or custom blueprint?
I actually tried both, but obviously I started with pile of curses.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Team Fortress 2 is a good game

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
recently I saw a reminder to never spend money on tf2 because you are almost certainly getting ripped off and while it was true before it's especially true now
I'm pretty sure keys now cost like almost 10 ref or something ridiculous like that? jesus

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
remember that time when there was literally a russian money laundering scheme involving keys

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

remember that time when there was literally a russian money laundering scheme involving keys
No. Remind us.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Just a friendly reminder that if you are ever interested and require help and advice for making a level you can add me on steam and I will give you a hand when I can. PEACE

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fishbus posted:

Just a friendly reminder that if you are ever interested and require help and advice for making a level you can add me on steam and I will give you a hand when I can. PEACE

Oh hey, Fishbus, what's the status with your Goldrock and revised Freight maps getting in-game? Has Valve replied at all?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Xander77 posted:

No. Remind us.
I remember that this is where that whole thing started.
Probably more likely it was common credit card fraud but the theorizing that popped up around it at the time was pretty entertaining.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zero! posted:

Not sure why Viaduct doesn't have any but there are only 9 drops to get on Mann Manor, shouldn't take too long without idling.

Assuming you hop on a server that's just doing presents and not allowing playing since the presents are spread all over the place. That's one thing that's improved over the years, less presents off in random locations that you can't easily get to if there's an actual TF2 game going on.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Incredible. It's a shame the strange filter: taunt kills is so expensive :( Ive been playing fat scout lately and taunt killing clueless snipers and anyone that stops to eat a sandvich.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I like to bind Q to 'good shot' and spam it whenever someone goes to 1vs1 me.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
We were dicking around in a number of other source engine games this weekend, and there is a surprising amount of skill bleedover. Somehow topscored one of the games of Left4Dead2 despite never playing it before because the melee is so similar, and I think we finished a few different Portal 2 Co-op puzzles using unintended solutions accessible with airstrafing :v:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I never would have finished Portal if I hadn't picked up TF2 and gained some skills.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm having troubles finding that one SFM video of the scout falling through the dumb hole in Lakeside while that music from 2001 plays and it ends with a fart.

Any help?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8pPmQwdGJA

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
No but I have this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm2m6PLILRM

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

And that reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THlJh1J_Ong

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Owlsniper is the best sniper.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Tamayachi posted:

Owlsniper is the best sniper.

Agreed. Anytime I can I play Owl Sniper. I just wish I could wear hats on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQJ8cd13xyE

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I hosed up and put the sentry pumpkin bombs curse on my gunslinger....

always read the spells first kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Whenever I see gmod videos it just makes me so, so glad we have SFM now.

• Locked thread