Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate we dont sign our posts here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

finished off my first case the other week

owns hard, already thinking about the next case I want to make but I'm gonna get a lot of mileage out of this one first

sorry this is the dumb case thread

add a shitload of blue LEDs and unnecessary fans and then we can talk. maybe install a window with an etched applique (something which im surprised hasnt been mentioned itt yet)

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

it's me i'm the one using this case right now. i've had it for ten years. each time i get a new pc i look at the price and figure i can shave off a few dollars by keeping the same case. the best thing about it is that without any filters and like 5 fans it gets so full of dust that i think it's acting as an air filter for the rest of my apartment

also say what you want but it's tough enough to have survived a car crash where my car flipped over. so if you want a case that can do that and also possibly strike you in the head and kill you in the process, that's the one you want

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

i turned off the stupid lights though

this one is kind of neat though like something fast passed and made a strong wind and it's going "whoa"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

sorry this is the dumb case thread

add a shitload of blue LEDs and unnecessary fans and then we can talk. maybe install a window with an etched applique (something which im surprised hasnt been mentioned itt yet)

not enough loving fans

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

not enough loving fans

cool

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

not enough loving fans

MOAR

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

comin' right up boss

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

ready for take off!

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Perplx posted:

that case is just a cylindrical case that larger than the competition (9.5L vs 7.25L)

legitimately will buy with money

pram
Jun 10, 2001
that case is good but.. not for sale .. ?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i have signed up to be notified when it goes on sale though

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

that is how excited i am for the tiny pc case

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is my irl in use today "gaming rig' enclosure

give me big boners when i look at it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yes the floppy drive works

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I only just learnt about routing cables round the back

my case doesn't facilitate that and it's a ginormous mess inside

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
gross

I just redid all the cable management in my case because of shorts and it's dope

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Awia posted:

ready for take off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BeTVOgVkAA

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

bring back old gbs posted:

this is my irl in use today "gaming rig' enclosure

give me big boners when i look at it

I sort of want this hmm

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this creates the bitcoin

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

YeOldeButchere posted:

it's me i'm the one using this case right now. i've had it for ten years. each time i get a new pc i look at the price and figure i can shave off a few dollars by keeping the same case. the best thing about it is that without any filters and like 5 fans it gets so full of dust that i think it's acting as an air filter for the rest of my apartment

also say what you want but it's tough enough to have survived a car crash where my car flipped over. so if you want a case that can do that and also possibly strike you in the head and kill you in the process, that's the one you want

i still have mine as a server, thinking of replacing it with a fractal design thing with filters so i can ignore it for longer

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

there were at least 3 manufacturers selling them. antec, chenming, and maybe chenbro? it's what alienware used for a while, and they even sold matching keyboards and mice!! :eyepoop: and then for years there were countless variants, basically the same skeleton with different stupid plastic poo poo bolted on (like that checkerboard xaser shitpile i posted earlier)
i couldn't remember the name of my shameful giganto case from the early 2000s, but you knocked the memory loose - the chenbro genie! it's even got a fan page from the same guy mentioned earlier in the thread: http://www.brian1.net/computers/genie/

then i got a more subdued antec sonata which is still with me

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

qhat posted:

is that the only reason you have for not choosing portability

for a desktop computer? yes, why would portability be an issue for a computer that will spend it's lifetime in one spot not being moved.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

computer toucher posted:

for a desktop computer? yes, why would portability be an issue for a computer that will spend it's lifetime in one spot not being moved.

because the guy in question is a retard who thinks it's a laptop?

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

I'll never forget you, you beautiful bastard.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

The Skeep posted:

perfect yosputer color scheme right there

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

error1 posted:

Apart from really bad ventilation it was the best case ever

There was a case site that basically had this and every other weird drat case you could think of for sale that I drooled over in the late 90s / 00s

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

not gonna lie, i've still got a soft spot for giant beige towers with three times too many drive bays

bonus if they're made of thicker metal than most cars

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

imagine this case

except filled with kids doodles on the inside because the owner of the shop where i got it from let his kids use it as some sort of drawing pad

Sweevo posted:

not gonna lie, i've still got a soft spot for giant beige towers with three times too many drive bays

bonus if they're made of thicker metal than most cars

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 16, 2016

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cool

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i have one of these in black, since 2005

some of the rivets and fastenings have loosened and it vibrates a lot but it suits my needs

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

still waiting for the cheese grater mac atx case mod

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The Skeep posted:

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

would buy the pwnage beast

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

me irl

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I just want a featureless rectangle that's slightly smaller than my current rectangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

maniacdevnull posted:

I just want a featureless rectangle that's slightly smaller than my current rectangle

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-mini

• Locked thread