Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the first one was actually entirely toolless and v. easy to build in. the second was just complete poo poo, but they painted the inside red too at least

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i've never owned a case just like Ive intended

lazydog
Apr 15, 2003
i owned this in the year 2000

it was not a good case

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lazydog posted:

i owned this in the year 2000

it was not a good case

:eyepop: i had the mid-atx version of that case, can confirm it was horrible. it housed a slot-a athlon system originally, then i later stuffed an athlon xp 2400 in it which was a bad idea as it had zero ventilation, not even a single case fan lol

here's my shame from highschool, im amazed i was able to find a picture of this thing. it was aluminum and tended to rattle.

not pictured: blue cold cathodes, rounded IDE cables, 4 loud as gently caress 80mm fans, lovely ugly fan controller in a poor attempt at noise reduction

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Apart from really bad ventilation it was the best case ever

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

a tiny box, looked quite good but fitting stuff inside was a pain in the arse

http://techreport.com/review/4559/shuttle-xpc-sn41g2-mini-barebones-system/3

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

first case that wasnt a dell box was

but in black and red and with a lot of lovely blue led fans which i eventually replaced all of

currently living in this

horrendous pile of rear end. utterly miserable to do anything inside of, atrocious wire routing, just all-around pile of poo poo computer case

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

a tiny box, looked quite good but fitting stuff inside was a pain in the arse

teehee

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i transplanted one of our dell boxes into ths cheap piece of crap after the nonstandard mobo died and psu also seemed to be on its way out....

this pic is a metal case but mine lookedthe same, just plastic and $40

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Satellit3 posted:

i transplanted one of our dell boxes into ths cheap piece of crap after the nonstandard mobo died and psu also seemed to be on its way out....

this pic is a metal case but mine lookedthe same, just plastic and $40

ah, the antec lanboy, complete with spare parts drawer/emergency twinkie storage

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

error1 posted:

Apart from really bad ventilation it was the best case ever

where can i buy this case.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"yeah i think i might need space for 12 hard drives and two power supplies"

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
oh man all those blue leds and dials

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
how do all of you have such awful taste

that dog owns tho

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

know my lian li shame

not only is it expensive even if you work in a shameful crooked computer store, with the case fans turned up it sounds like a tin box of marbles in a wobbly shopping cart, and being aluminum it'll either leave black gunk on your hands when you work with it or it'll slice you the gently caress open with all kinds of hidden sharp edges

but it has a removable motherboard tray guyz

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Built my first pc with this one circa 2003. Appearantly they still make it?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

itt the worst of the worst from the early 2000s and late 90s. im getting mega flashbacks to my LAN party days

full-atx cases were the dumbest loving things even then. a billion empty drivebays, and then the PSU just kinda floating in the back with a shitload of completely wasted empty space above it

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The Doggy was made by ColorCase, later Nikao, it looks like they went out of business so unless you find one at a yard sale I'm afraid it's gone for good.

I think I bought mine in 2003.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

they also made kitty and penguin

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Augmented Dickey posted:

cooler master centurion, think they finally discontinued it recently, they sold if for-loving-ever though. for a while i had one but with silver instead of blue trim. not really a particularly dumb case in all honesty, it was very good value and didn't have too much stupid bullshit going on.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Augmented Dickey posted:

built my first pc with this one in 2009, lol

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
I dont have a pic of it anymore but when i was 17 and bought my sick athlon xp 1800+ rig I got a full tower just because i thought it was cool. I later got a capture card and velcroed a playstation 1 and vcr to it because i didnt have a tv at the time

Apr 7, 2003

Augmented Dickey posted:

I built my last PC with one of those in 2009. Current PC (2012) is in an Antec P280.

I built my first PC in 1994 or 1995 and it was some generic horrible horizontal beige box.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

SO DEMANDING posted:

full-atx cases were the dumbest loving things even then. a billion empty drivebays, and then the PSU just kinda floating in the back with a shitload of completely wasted empty space above it

mine at least let you mount one of the hard drive cages up there - in case you needed to make room for 20" long pci cards or something :downs:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

current one is an N200 which is probably the best case

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
can i get a yospinion on this case

the 'back' is at the top

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Sweevo posted:

"yeah i think i might need space for 12 hard drives and two power supplies"

came here 2 post dis, good case tho

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

vodkat posted:

the 'back' is at the top

it is good

clean your filter

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

vodkat posted:

the 'back' is at the top

i would put my trash in it, so yeah guess its okay

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sweevo posted:

mine at least let you mount one of the hard drive cages up there - in case you needed to make room for 20" long pci cards or something :downs:

full-atx is a relic of the early 90s that few people if anyone ever truly needed or took advantage of. full-length expansion cards, multiple 5.25" drives, a loving shitload of hard drives in a case that isn't rackmount for some reason

i guess sometimes they were good for watercooling setups, put all the pumps and bullshit in that vacuum above the PSU

oooh hey there's something, any high-rolling yosposters in here dumb enough to get one of these ridiculous things?

asetek vapochill. no that isn't a water cooler, it's phase change. you know, basically a refrigerator. for a computer. because :rice: :pcgaming:

Apr 7, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

full-atx is a relic of the early 90s that few people if anyone ever truly needed or took advantage of. full-length expansion cards, multiple 5.25" drives, a loving shitload of hard drives in a case that isn't rackmount for some reason

The spec was AT back then and it was a real motherfucker because none of the plugs and poo poo that went into the motherboard were keyed, so you could fry your stuff pretty easily if you weren't careful. ATX was a huge huge huge improvement over AT

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

SO DEMANDING posted:

i guess sometimes they were good for watercooling setups, put all the pumps and bullshit in that vacuum above the PSU

oooh hey there's something, any high-rolling yosposters in here dumb enough to get one of these ridiculous things?

asetek vapochill. no that isn't a water cooler, it's phase change. you know, basically a refrigerator. for a computer. because :rice: :pcgaming:

i have like twelve thousand posts on xtreme-systems :pcgaming: :retrogames: :mrapig:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

The spec was AT back then and it was a real motherfucker because none of the plugs and poo poo that went into the motherboard were keyed, so you could fry your stuff pretty easily if you weren't careful. ATX was a huge huge huge improvement over AT

AT literally carried mains power on the motherboard connector because the power switch was implemented by just making the connection on the mains input lmao

i electrocuted myself with this twice

im fine

Apr 7, 2003

Bloody posted:

AT literally carried mains power on the motherboard connector because the power switch was implemented by just making the connection on the mains input lmao

i electrocuted myself with this twice

im fine

Before I put together my first ever PC, we had some garbage bag Packard Bell desktop 486.

I opened it up because I was curious and the front panel power switch was literally a plastic stick that ran all the way back through the case and was stuck to a button on the power supply with silicone.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
not dumb but actually pretty awesome

Apr 7, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

not dumb but actually pretty awesome

I guess the whole truck business isn't working out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

my current case I liked enough to keep when doing my last big system build late last year rather than upgrading; riding eternal, shiny and chrome :cool:

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16811129026

• Locked thread