Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rams are gonna win the NFCW

theyll still be 7-9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Madden Curse

Gronk is going down.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Teams are just keeping two safeties over the top to take away the home run ball and the Cardinals aren't compensating by feeding Larry Fitzgerald 300 passes underneath.

It's weird, and also Carson Palmer is pumkining and is now hurt.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shyduck posted:

Rams are gonna win the NFCW

theyll still be 7-9
It was good enough for Seattle in 2010

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The blueprint is there indeed

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Only team above .500 after 16 games will be seahawks

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

Teams are just keeping two safeties over the top to take away the home run ball and the Cardinals aren't compensating by feeding Larry Fitzgerald 300 passes underneath.

It's weird, and also Carson Palmer is pumkining and is now hurt.

It's because he got Delhomme'd.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Stupid Dick posted:

I remember #4 with Chad Johnson. That was the game where they let SD come all the way back and beat them 49-41 by scoring 21 points in both the 3rd and 4th quarters. I was loving FURIOUS. That's probably the angriest I've ever been at the team other than the end of this last season.

I turned that game off at halftime to go Christmas shopping because I was so mad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So for fun, think this is playoff seedings as of right now:

AFC:
1. Broncos
2. Ravens (think 3-1 in conference takes it)
3. Patriots (tiebreaker over Texans)
4. Texans
5. Raiders
6. Steelers (Bills fall out on 1-2 conf. record, then tiebreaker over Chiefs
-----
7. Chiefs
8. Bills

NFC:
1. Vikings
2. Eagles
3. Rams (Common opponents tiebreaker)
4. Falcons
5. Cowboys (conference record tiebreaker)
6. Seahawks
-----
7. Packers (2-1)
8. Washington (tiebreaker over Giants)
9. Giants

Steelers @ Patriots and Seahawks @ Rams would be ridiculous wild card games right now and Raiders @ Texans and Cowboys @ Falcons also sound like they'd probably own.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 4, 2016

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In Total QBR news, stats have become inflationary enough that their 50 point scale of "average" is woefully out of date already. Mean is now 61.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Madden Curse

Gronk is going down.

Gronk Already went down

On your mom. He did miss like 4 weeks and the last 2 weeks don't count cause he was still very limited.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

You mean the completely bullshit penalty for "deflating" footballs that real science showed was just a fundamental law of physics? I know you didn't like the report Roger, and the court calling you a moron, but it's you know. Reality.

I suddenly lost a lot of respect for adaz in this post.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Gronk Already went down

On your mom. He did miss like 4 weeks and the last 2 weeks don't count cause he was still very limited.

His ketracel white must have run out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Sorry Grittybeard:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Defensive help is finally on the way Atlanta

https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7/status/783375503973490688

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I mean it's just science, people. That's who's on my side.

Nov 6, 2002

lol AJ loving Hawk get out of town Falcons

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

Sorry Grittybeard:

I'm sure the Krafts didn't fight the draft pick and monetary penalties and made the 2 staffers disappear because they were 100% innocent and it was all a big conspiracy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I've seen enough of the Falcons defense to think AJ Hawk might be an upgrade.

I am not praising AJ Hawk here.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but this was a total make up call for video taping the signals and it's bullshit. I hate Roger for it, and I hate him more for making me feel sympathy(!!) towards the pats. Gross.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

adaz posted:

I hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but this was a total make up call for video taping the signals and it's bullshit. I hate Roger for it, and I hate him more for making me feel sympathy(!!) towards the pats. Gross.

The entire fraudulent organization did nothing but act like they were guilty and happy to get off so easily from the second this started till now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

adaz posted:

Naw they did do it, it just got weirdly big in part because of the pats reaction.

Nov 6, 2002

The Cardinals last two games have been kinda shitshows but let's not forget they are one missed kick away from being 2-2 which wouldn't have been looked upon as the end of the world.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

lol AJ loving Hawk get out of town Falcons

NFC North dregs are NFC South superstars. They made John Kuhn look like Michael Tolbert.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

I've seen enough of the Falcons defense to think AJ Hawk might be an upgrade.

I am not praising AJ Hawk here.

You laugh, but they held the Panthers in check pretty well until garbo time. The offense had only scored 3 points going into nearly the 4th quarter.

That said, AJ Hawk? gently caress, there has to be someone better available?!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Cardinals last two games have been kinda shitshows but let's not forget they are one missed kick away from being 2-2 which wouldn't have been looked upon as the end of the world.

But now their future relies on Drew Stanton.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The entire fraudulent organization did nothing but act like they were guilty and happy to get off so easily from the second this started till now.

yes, other than take the case nearly up the supreme court and had a full panel of judges agree that the science behind it was conclusively in their favor but, unfortunately, they signed a stupid CBA that let the commissioner arbitrarily impose any punishment without any recourse so they done hosed. Or that the NFL admitted, in court, they had no evidence of a conspiracy to deflate footballs or that tom brady would've risked jail time as he swore under oath that he did not have any part in a conspiracy.

Other than all those things, sure. Cheaters.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Kalli posted:

So for fun, think this is playoff seedings as of right now:

AFC:
1. Broncos
2. Ravens (think 3-1 in conference takes it)
3. Patriots (tiebreaker over Texans)
4. Texans
5. Raiders
6. Steelers (Bills fall out on 1-2 conf. record, then tiebreaker over Chiefs
-----
7. Chiefs
8. Bills

This is really pedantic of me, but I think Steelers and Ravens would be switched, as the Steelers' loss came against an NFC opponent and Ravens' against an AFC.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

adaz posted:

yes, other than take the case nearly up the supreme court and had a full panel of judges agree that the science behind it was conclusively in their favor but, unfortunately, they signed a stupid CBA that let the commissioner arbitrarily impose any punishment without any recourse so they done hosed. Or that the NFL admitted, in court, they had no evidence of a conspiracy to deflate footballs or that tom brady would've risked jail time as he swore under oath that he did not have any part in a conspiracy.

Sounds like just desserts for breaking from labor to stand with the masters.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

We all know Tom Brady deflated the footballs, but he's back now, so let's stop dorito dinking.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Febreeze posted:

I feel like the mistake on the initial call is acceptable. The ball was fumbled and the refs are clearly paying attention to the scrum instead of Johnson, so I can accept a missed call on the field.

What is completely, unbelievably inexcuseable is that none of the refs overturned it on replay, since turnovers get reviewed. Or should be. And then the NFL doubled down on defending their error when normally they throw refs under the bus.

It should have been clear to the refs on the field when no one in the scrum came out with the loving ball, and they should have seen Johnson holding the ball during replay review. This might be the worst fuckup since the Fail Mary

I'm with you completely. I'm not going to necessarily dunk on officials who made a mistake on the field, but this was an absolute easy error to fix, the system is in place to automatically fix it, and they not only didn't fix it the league is showing contempt to people that are suggesting they didn't get it right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

adaz posted:

The Kraft's did not do any of that. They accepted the fines and loss of picks immediately. Brady himself did that. Probably to protect his image long term.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/783381055504052224

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Tom Brady's about to deflate his balls on the Browns if you know what I mean (ejaculate profusely)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Magicpants posted:

Tom Brady's about to deflate his balls on the Browns if you know what I mean (ejaculate profusely)

Hopefully as a non controllable spasm after getting his leg broken.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lol get hosed you overrated piece of garbage

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Grittybeard posted:

You shouldn't because Ballghazi is silly and trumped up, no matter how much you hate Tom Brady.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The Kraft's did not do any of that. They accepted the fines and loss of picks immediately. Brady himself did.

Why they did not appeal their own punishment isn't really known (other than the fact that there likely wasn't any grounds, legally, they could do so) but they did file an amicus brief in Tom's case that disputed every one of the NFL claims (http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/download/patriots_accompanying_brief_for_the_amicus_filing.pdf)

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Kraft's did not do any of that. They accepted the fines and loss of picks immediately. Brady himself did that. Probably to protect his image long term.

lol what

Are you purposely ignore the part of this story where Kraft railed against it until the owners meeting where he got dumped on? And then resumed bitching and moaning once the punishment against Brady was upheld by Goodell? You seem to be building some kind of wall around this info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

adaz posted:

Why they did not appeal their own punishment isn't really known (other than the fact that there likely wasn't any grounds, legally, they could do so) but they did file an amicus brief in Tom's case that disputed every one of the NFL claims (http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/download/patriots_accompanying_brief_for_the_amicus_filing.pdf)

Same reason the Saints didn't in the bounty scandal (another case where the league had zero evidence players were ever paid bounties... which you have to admit is an impressive fuckup when you have a coach recorded talking about paying bounties for head shots), and Washington / Cowboys didn't after the salary cap screw, they didn't really have anyone to appeal to against the league.

The NFL's had a fairly consistent strategy in scandals, they convict without evidence, then go looking for it, and often look incompetent at the end.

• Locked thread