Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

Hitfreezy posted:

I think you could have just left the truck as soon as the enemies spawned and gun them all down. If no cop sees you getting back into the truck you shouldn't even have the police after you.

I was wondering if that was an option after we had finished. I tried running them all over at one point, but I was quickly reminded of how horrible the driving controls are in tight spaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 14 is up now! I feel really bad for that restaurant. I'm having Italian food tonight in its honor!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm the sharpie sign for Pepe's Restaurant.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Admittedly, my knowledge of Sicilian names is pretty poor, but Pepe? Is that Sicilian?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What is mafia music anyway?

I've got a message from the Don,
he ain't liking your baton.
Gonna kill you discrete,
with shoes of concrete.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Poil posted:

Gonna kill you discrete,
with shoes of concrete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCdpykqAlKM

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Poil posted:

Gonna kill you discrete,
with shoes of concrete.

I like how someone is planning to discreetly kill a person, but they take the time to write a song about it beforehand.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Style matters. :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Music to Mafia to
It's the Mafia version of that darn GTA 5 beep song. DO-DO DO DO DO DO-DO.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Croccers posted:

Music to Mafia to
It's the Mafia version of that darn GTA 5 beep song. DO-DO DO DO DO DO-DO.
At least Belleville has a melody instead of a single note repeated eight million times (that song in GTA V, by the way, is called "El Sonidito" and its music video is magical). :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

At least Belleville has a melody instead of a single note repeated eight million times (that song in GTA V, by the way, is called "El Sonidito" and its music video is magical). :v:
That's really bad. Possibly the least creative and interesting "song" I've heard in my life. Even old stock cell phone ringtones are better than that.

Poil fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 1, 2017

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

Boy, it's a good thing that song got a music video.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looked at another way, the Don is drat cold. Morello shot up everything and everyone he should have been taking care of, but the Don doesn't get involved until he was personally threatened.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 15 is up now! This is probably the most normal title we've ever had for an episode!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well, now I know where Hitman Blood Money got its inspiration from for its paddle wheel mission (not really).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to imagine what your getaway driver must have been thinking. He's keeping pace with the paddleboat and then suddenly you come running down the stairs, jump off the gangplank, and never come up for air.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It was the bucket dragging him down.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

So, I know there was a quote about why this game was more 'realistic' than GTA, but why, why, why was there a possibility of your character entering a car in any seat besides from the driver's?

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

So, I know there was a quote about why this game was more 'realistic' than GTA, but why, why, why was there a possibility of your character entering a car in any seat besides from the driver's?

For nap time after a long day of murder?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

You beat a man to death for a bathroom key while inside a fully functional bathroom :ironicat:

The levels of depth they went to in order to pad this mission out, though. Find a guy to find another guy to get a bathroom key so you can go to a different bathroom to pick up a bucket to clean the first bathroom to get a gun and shoot a councilor without being interrupted for dereliction of duty.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

oldskool posted:

You beat a man to death for a bathroom key while inside a fully functional bathroom :ironicat:

The levels of depth they went to in order to pad this mission out, though. Find a guy to find another guy to get a bathroom key so you can go to a different bathroom to pick up a bucket to clean the first bathroom to get a gun and shoot a councilor without being interrupted for dereliction of duty.

Alternate path: Throw a SINGLE PUNCH at the councilor, and then stand behind him while his own bodyguards fill him full of holes while trying to shoot you.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 16 is up now! The Don doesn't give two shits about no one, he doesn't!

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

pedrovay2003 posted:

Part 16 is up now! The Don doesn't give two shits about no one, he doesn't!

Alternate title: one hot dame.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Have... Have we somehow dropped into the Warner Bros dimension?! This is becoming a drat farce!

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
How many missions has Paulie hosed up now? Should we be keeping a counter?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
You're welcome!

And yeah, the looooong drives followed by quick no-checkpoint gently caress-you-game-overs are a MAJOR design failure in this game. Like Sierra-bad but not as endearing.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

OAquinas posted:

And yeah, the looooong drives followed by quick no-checkpoint gently caress-you-game-overs are a MAJOR design failure in this game. Like Sierra-bad but not as endearing.
It's like GTA IV but somehow even worse!

Speaking of which, holy poo poo am I glad I did not decide to LP Mafia after I finished GTA IV. I seriously considered it, but then this thread showed up and saved me the trouble.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Doc Morbid posted:

It's like GTA IV but somehow even worse!

Speaking of which, holy poo poo am I glad I did not decide to LP Mafia after I finished GTA IV. I seriously considered it, but then this thread showed up and saved me the trouble.

Mafia, ahead of its time in awfulness.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It was at that moment, when he cracked a one-liner at the death of an innocent woman, that Tom knew he had become the bad guy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This Don is just the worst at killing other Dons.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 17 is up now! This was another rage-inducing one for me, because driving was involved.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Samovar posted:

Have... Have we somehow dropped into the Warner Bros dimension?! This is becoming a drat farce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQzPw3GVO8g

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
That was probably the best treatment that mission could possibly be given.

If there was a positive you could say about it...uh...you just don't see massive sprawling levels like that anymore?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I can only imagine the Don as George Bluth Sr.; muttering that he has the worst loving mafioso.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Finally caught up to the latest vids and now I can finally speculate on this oh-so tense story. With the latest revelation, I can only conclude that the replacement hitmen were also in on the plot against the Don and sabotaged the assassination themselves.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Professional hitman suicide sabotage?

Boss, we ambushed him outside the school like you said and threw a sack over him, soaked him in gasoline and set fire to him on the school yard. But afterwards we realized he was too small to be him and that we had killed his kid instead.
Don't worry boys, these things happen. Now for the next attempt we'll drop a huge boulder on top of him just as he leaves the hospital after his checkup, the one right next to the orphanage. Paulie will be throwing sticks of dynamite from the gas station across the road.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Actually, I wouldn't want to be that weapons dude after that first one--consider that it wasn't Paulie's tommy gun that screwed up, it was the Mafia Armory™ one that was jamming/nonfunctional. The dude has literally One Job, and it's the most straightforward plan they've put together ("We just roll up and shoot mans"), meaning if they had a working gun, Morello was dead.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The driving seemed the least painful part of that mission when it comes to comparing it to long checkpoint-less shooting sections.

Funny how the best way to kill a video game character is by telling the video game protagonist to just shoot everyone, instead of needlessly complicated plans.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

OAquinas posted:

Actually, I wouldn't want to be that weapons dude after that first one--consider that it wasn't Paulie's tommy gun that screwed up, it was the Mafia Armory™ one that was jamming/nonfunctional. The dude has literally One Job, and it's the most straightforward plan they've put together ("We just roll up and shoot mans"), meaning if they had a working gun, Morello was dead.

I note Paulie was following Proper Mafia Gun Handling Procedure and didn't chamber a round until he was about to shoot. Perhaps the first round off the mag was a dud or something. It would have been funnier if he'd gotten off one shot then it stovepiped or something, but eh.

(Also, why did Morello have no one watching the street? Why did Paulie even bother to get out? Roll up, yell message, pull trigger.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

sfwarlock posted:

(Also, why did Morello have no one watching the street? Why did Paulie even bother to get out? Roll up, yell message, pull trigger.)

Even better, why not just fire? I think Morello must have known by now that the Don was trying to eliminate him by the hilarious misadventures of Tom and Paulie.

• Locked thread