Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Hello I came from the future let me tell you about how funny Kaguya: The Standford Years is
Its funny

Has anyone kissed yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HMS Beagle posted:

Has anyone kissed yet?

Kaguya and Shirogane, yes. Robot Kaguya and the clone of Shirogane, no.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Snooze Cruise posted:

Hello I came from the future let me tell you about how funny Kaguya: The Standford Years is
Its funny

It's already been released

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Kaguya and Shirogane, yes. Robot Kaguya and the clone of Shirogane, no.

Please note: Robot Kaguya was built for Shirogane to practice kissing on, and the clone of Shirogane was made by Kaguya for the same reason. They ended up kissing each other before they got to practice, though, so they had no need for them.

The manga now focuses on the robot and clone trying to fulfill their primary roles of kissing Shirogane and Kaguya, all while missing that it could be solved if they'd just kiss each other.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Well, the manga only focuses on that when its not about Fujiwara and Pes traveling across the world solving Agatha Christie style mysteries.

RIP Ishigami. I hope Fujiwara finds your killer.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agatha Christie style LOVE mysteries. Remember she is the (self proclaimed) love detective.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

SpacePig posted:

Please note: Robot Kaguya was built for Shirogane to practice kissing on, and the clone of Shirogane was made by Kaguya for the same reason. They ended up kissing each other before they got to practice, though, so they had no need for them.

The manga now focuses on the robot and clone trying to fulfill their primary roles of kissing Shirogane and Kaguya, all while missing that it could be solved if they'd just kiss each other.

Unironic "I'd read it."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Agronox posted:

Agatha Christie style LOVE mysteries. Remember she is the (self proclaimed) love detective.

The proposal in the lock room is my favorite one.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

Well, the manga only focuses on that when its not about Fujiwara and Pes traveling across the world solving Agatha Christie style mysteries.

RIP Ishigami. I hope Fujiwara finds your killer.

I see you haven't gotten to the arc where Fujiwara becomes Prime Minister yet.

It was quite funny, especially since Iino was her main opponent

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I just powered through all the chapters in the past few days. The owning and self owning are amazing. I'm getting really invested in all characters..even Iino. I wonder how they're going to handle Kaguya's dad. All the other dads seem pretty chill. I'm a bit cautious of the impending "rich strict parent" arc that comes with all stories about rich kids. Kaguya's probably is going to get set up in an arrange marriage with another powerful member of her dad's picking. She'll soullessly resign herself to her doomed fate and the President along with his council will have to storm the castle to rescue her. I hope it ends with a Gondor calls for aid and the whole school rallies to help.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

In other news, the Kaguya official doujin is flat garbage.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Grouchio posted:

In other news, the Kaguya official doujin is flat garbage.

Not everyone can have Fujiwara's figure.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm a bit cautious of the impending "rich strict parent" arc that comes with all stories about rich kids. Kaguya's probably is going to get set up in an arrange marriage with another powerful member of her dad's picking. She'll soullessly resign herself to her doomed fate and the President along with his council will have to storm the castle to rescue her.

Yeah, I wish I didn't think you're almost certainly precisely correct. I'd like to think Kaguya will buck the trend, but...

rvm
May 6, 2013

The_White_Crane posted:

Yeah, I wish I didn't think you're almost certainly precisely correct. I'd like to think Kaguya will buck the trend, but...

Lol no, arranged marriage, if it ever comes up, is going to be a ruse to make Prez confess.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

rvm posted:

Lol no, arranged marriage, if it ever comes up, is going to be a ruse to make Prez confess.

Starring Hayasaka as both the dad and the potential groom.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Looks like Shirogane is going for an all-out offensive, let's hope he doesn't run out of firepower before finishing the killing blow.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Somehow, I thought the final blow would be just... her normal clothes. As worked up as he was, he'd have to admit he liked *her,* not just the outfit.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

Looks like Shirogane is going for an all-out offensive, let's hope he doesn't run out of firepower before finishing the killing blow.
He got countered by Kaguya catgirl and got KO'd. This will take a number of battles.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Very strong showing from Shirogane. Held out longer than could have been reasonably expected. These idiots might just end up dating.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it turns out being a regular, confident human trumps tedious scheming, who knew?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kaguya had no defense against shirogane acting like a sane and reasonable human being

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Honesty is the best weapon after all.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yak of Wrath posted:

Honesty is the best weapon after all.

I'm sorry but this very chapter demonstrated that catgirls in maid outfits are the best weapon :colbert:

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Amazing little detail I spotted in the final panel, the President writing "So Cute" in blood on the ground.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WEAR THE CAT EARS

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I wonder if the anime is making the author consider ending the manga (to avoid an anime-original ending). This chapter felt pretty end game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm sorry but this very chapter demonstrated that catgirls in maid outfits are the best weapon :colbert:

I mean, it's hard to compare anything to a nuclear warhead like that.

gmq posted:

I wonder if the anime is making the author consider ending the manga (to avoid an anime-original ending). This chapter felt pretty end game.

I would rather it havea satisfying ending while the manga is still funny rather than have it go on for infinity to the point that I can't stand it like other romcoms.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

gmq posted:

I believe the author stated that Kaguya will go on long after the confession.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

a single cour show won’t make it to where the manga is at now anyway.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

gmq posted:

This manga has been going on way too long to finish in one season of anime, so I very much doubt it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think the combination of pointless brilliance and profound stupidity would necessarily be ruined if they started dating.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It would just become everyone playing the board game club's new games and I am fine with that.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

They might as well be dating by now anyway and it hasn't hurt the story's quality any.

If anything the new relationship dynamic would lead to more hilarious situations, not to mention there'll still be conflict given that someone as influential as Kaguya dating a mere commoner proooobably won't go over so well with some of the rest of her family...

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
If anything, actually dating increases the opportunities for weird dominance mind games.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Don't forget that Kaguya still has a really juvenile understanding of how dating works, and Shirogane probably isn't much better. There's plenty to get out of that, at least. Plus at least one chapter where the rest of the student council finds out, and maybe even one where Hayasaka has to supervise a date.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'll just leave this here.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter. Can anyone stop Shirogane, the absolute madman?!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I like that whenever date plans just end up being Shirogane and Ishigami going together they still end up enjoying themselves.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Good friend Ishigami-kun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Fujiwara the Destroyer