Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

HookShot posted:

My sweet summer child.

I moved to Australia in 2008. I made it to the end of 2011 before bailing and dragging my husband back to Canada with me.

Barnaby Joyce sucks but literally everyone who's not a part of the Greens in Australia (10-15% of the vote) will make Harper seem like a cute and cuddly baby.

The answer to your last question depends on how white you are.

Also prepare yourself for randomly super racist comments in the middle of conversations that should have absolutely no way of having racism included in them.

Yeah, but you were in qld weren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Queensland is strong, aka The Sunshine State, The Smart State, The State of Fear.

The IQ of an average Queenslander far exceeds those from other states. Queenslanders have a vice like grip evolved from decades of strong handshakes, crushing aluminium cans and fixing up Postie Bikes and modding them so they can be driven on the highway.

Queensland is not hated due to her flaws but due to her strenghths and the envy of those who are lesser and probably spend most of their time drinking coffee and pretending to be interested in buying a Tesla at a mall display.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You Am I posted:

Dandrew's Election Platform: Level Crossing removals, Royal Commission into Mental Health Support, support for more booze and food

Matty Guy: Duuurrrrrrr Alpha gangs we need cops to shoot criminals on spot, Labah waste

Herald Sun: With Guy's election platform, why would you even think of choosing Dandrews?

dandrews is now going after some of the fishers and shooters voters now. he's getting rid of boat ramp fee's and levies, getting rid of parking fees / meters near boat ramps, banning commercial netting on gippsland lakes to preserve it for recreational fishers and all money raised from boat and fishing licenses will be invested back into facilities for boats and fishers.

also announced a whole heap of motorsport stuff, $5m into upgrading tracks, money for local motorsports clubs to host bigger events and money to encourage more women into the sport.

matty guy wants a pool for torquay.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Queensland is strong, aka The Sunshine State, The Smart State, The State of Fear.

The IQ of an average Queenslander far exceeds those from other states. Queenslanders have a vice like grip evolved from decades of strong handshakes, crushing aluminium cans and fixing up Postie Bikes and modding them so they can be driven on the highway.

Queensland is not hated due to her flaws but due to her strenghths and the envy of those who are lesser and probably spend most of their time drinking coffee and pretending to be interested in buying a Tesla at a mall display.

Fake news :sad:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's amazing how much money you have for public infrastructure when you don't spend 4 years exchanging millions in overly generous contracts to property developers in exchange for..uh... A bottle of Grange?

A 500 dollar donation?

Probably a bunch of other idiotic poo poo that is absolutely not worth throwing away your state and also career for.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Hello yes I'd like to speak to the disgraced former politician who sold out the State Government for some monogrammed napkin holders and a one song lap dance so I can put him on my board of directors,

What do you mean which one

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I wonder what happened to all those Campbell coins.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They are still at the top of Campbell Tower, guarded by the most experienced Conservative politician in the LNP...

Tim Mander.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hambeet posted:

dandrews is now going after some of the fishers and shooters voters now. he's getting rid of boat ramp fee's and levies, getting rid of parking fees / meters near boat ramps, banning commercial netting on gippsland lakes to preserve it for recreational fishers and all money raised from boat and fishing licenses will be invested back into facilities for boats and fishers.

also announced a whole heap of motorsport stuff, $5m into upgrading tracks, money for local motorsports clubs to host bigger events and money to encourage more women into the sport.

matty guy wants a pool for torquay.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/LucyXIV/status/1058658040457519104

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Wtf we did bootscooting to Achy Breaky Heart - this woulda been much better.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Unironically had to do this in our mandatory "dance" lessons in primary school in Perth in the early 2000s.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Whitlam posted:

Unironically had to do this in our mandatory "dance" lessons in primary school in Perth in the early 2000s.

Yeah..I finished primary school in 2000, and I definitely remember doing it in a few grades.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

in a pot at the end of a rainbow

rainbows are now banned in QLD

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

GoldStandardConure posted:

Apart from the badges, anyway

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

The fact that this still continues is a failure of public education in this country.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Looks like they finally got something to study for that Bachelor of Western Civilisation.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Don Dongington posted:

Wtf we did bootscooting to Achy Breaky Heart - this woulda been much better.

We did both at my Primary School

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009
At a guess, some relation to:

https://qz.com/1153516/americas-wholesome-square-dancing-tradition-is-a-tool-of-white-supremacy/

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Fffffffuckin' hell

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Fffffffffffffffuckin' hell

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuckin' hell

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

hambeet posted:

Yeah, but you were in qld weren't you?

2 years, two years in Northern NSW .

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

HookShot posted:

NSW is also the worst state but just for different reasons.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

hooman posted:

NSW is also the worst state but just for different reasons.

Spoken like someone who has never lived in Queensland.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Queensland: We just legalized abortion in 2018!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
After getting rid of the gay panic defense to murder like 4 years ago!

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

hidys posted:

The fact that this still continues is a failure of public education in this country.

I thought as someone who did HS in the UK I missed out on this bizarre tradition.

Watched a video and it turns out yes I do know how to do the Nutbush. I learnt it in year... 6? 7? Good lord, I hadn't thought about it in forever.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

GotLag posted:

By "level crossing removal" are you talking about grade-separating crossings, or just up and removing lights and boom gates?

Just a little more than taking down the signs and boomgates...

https://youtu.be/bc731SMr1oU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYT5F-gcr40
^ this project is winding up now, just landscaping left and the rebuilt/new stations have all been open for a few months now.

29 of the promised 50 removals over two terms have happened already with 25 more removals which have been promised by dan andrews for this election.

https://levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/

This is ontop of a bunch of other rail funding too, new high capacity trains (which start testing this month), the mernda line extension and 3 new stations, signalling upgrades etc. Labor is going heavy with public transport.

Liberals are already backing out of pre-election promises... normally they wait til after an election to do that, and this one isn't even a big project they're already reducing in scope.
https://twitter.com/bradhill_au/status/1057760828592578563

drunkill fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 3, 2018

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Whitlam posted:

Sydney, mid 80s. It’s probably been a thing since it was released.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

drunkill posted:

Just a little more than taking down the signs and boomgates...

Yes, that's grade separation

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
that dance is an important part of our culture

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

incredible flesh posted:

that dance is an important part of our culture

No wonder we keep trying to appropriate others, then.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
of all the anglo australian "culture" i was forced to absorb during my long dry childhood in far west nsw, only two practices stand out as legitimate: the nutbush city limits dance and the sausage sizzle

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1058844831252852737

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
the most bullshit thing about anglo australian culture has to be cricket

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

incredible flesh posted:

the most bullshit thing about anglo australian culture has to be cricket

no its definitely v8 supercars

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

froglet posted:

I thought as someone who did HS in the UK I missed out on this bizarre tradition.

Watched a video and it turns out yes I do know how to do the Nutbush. I learnt it in year... 6? 7? Good lord, I hadn't thought about it in forever.

Oh wait gently caress no...

No it's true... The basket ball courts... The bizzare oversized boom box... Tina Turner...

I.. REMEMBER IT ALL

:negative:

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

no its definitely v8 supercars
i just had a flashback to one of the kids who occasionally bullied me at school, he was one of those sad feral no-hopers from a bad family who bullied everyone because of his awful home life. one day when we were like 11 i saw him doing something furtive in the corner of the classroom and when i got the opportunity i snuck over and looked. he had a little secret book full of the most amazingly detailed precise drawings of supercars, they were just beautiful, and i realised he was this secret undiscovered prodigy but i never worked up the courage to say anything. i left town soon after that and don't know what happened to him in the end, i hope he found a way to live his dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

HookShot posted:

Where in NSW? And where were you working? UNE is pretty international and seems more multicultural than, say, most of New England.

My contract is for 3 years and my fiancé will be doing her PhD at UNE, also for 3 years. So maybe we'll get chased out by the howling mob in 2022. We're pretty frickin' white, though, so we might be able to hide our filthy foreign SJW ways for a little while.