Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam will be a Charger next year.

Given the Chargers injury rate hell die on his way there because they forgot to poke holes in the box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

They drafted Fluker in the first and promptly ruined him because Mike McCoy was a dogshit coach, ergo, never draft offensive linemen in the first ever again. Gotta blow another first drafting a CB from a Texas school who's made of glass, etc.

Honestly it should've been obvious that the season was hosed once Russell Okung went down, because Telesco did basically nothing to address the o-line outside of taking a guy in the 3rd as a project, and when the gently caress has that worked out for the Chargers in recent years?

Keenan Allen

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like we dont need an OC

https://mobile.twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1183558970058760192

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/Keenan13Allen/status/1183752686383984640

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Same

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

If Brian Schottenheimer was my OC, my headset would randomly shut off a lot, too.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm Jealous

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
extremely glad i hosed off to a music festival instead of watching another week of the Garrett and co. variety shitshow

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

OneMoreTime posted:

I think the Chiefs will be fine. Back to back losses aren't great but it's not exactly like the rest of the AFC West is on fire and the Chiefs have had a pretty difficult schedule to start out with.

That defense is AWFUL though.
I hope teams stop bothering to pass and just run for 300 yards/game and 40+ minute time of possession.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Keenan Allen

I meant o-line but that's fair, certainly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol this was a Chargers home game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Not defending that because Yikes, but it's an LA problem.

Lotta red in that crowd for a Rams home game for the team that LA supposedly wanted back

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
LA loves reboots for 4 months at a time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There were like maybe a dozen Giants fans in the section I was in at Gilette on Sunday and I thought that was wild.

Some dipshit in a Tebow Pats jersey was haranging a like 25 year old in a Mark Bavaro jersey.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Not defending that because Yikes, but it's an Spanos problem.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Intruder posted:

I mean as long as the stadium sells out I dont think the billionaire owner cares.

Also w Hen i lived in KC I barely made it to Chiefs game because the cost and the traffic and that was kansas city which made it all of 30, 45 minutes to get there and back. I can only imagine what fresh hell driving in LA to a game must be

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

adaz posted:

I mean as long as the stadium sells out I dont think the billionaire owner cares.

Also w Hen i lived in KC I barely made it to Chiefs game because the cost and the traffic and that was kansas city which made it all of 30, 45 minutes to get there and back. I can only imagine what fresh hell driving in LA to a game must be

You can't sell PSLs and suites to fans of the away team.

Do market blackouts affect TV revenue?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Not defending that because Yikes, but it's an LA problem.

There's nothing for you to defend really. If it was in San Diego it would have been all Chargers fans, LA doesn't want the Chargers and Spanos is a dipshit

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

You can't sell PSLs and suites to fans of the away team.

Do market blackouts affect TV revenue?

PSL and poo poo go to ticket brokers anymore and suites are for corporations.

It impacts the deal you have with the local TV markets. Like the Packers last year made $274.3 mil mostly from the national tv broadcasts and $200 mil from the "local" market which includes the local TV deals (as well as poo poo like concessions)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

there's people here from wherever that buy season tickets to see their team, and sell all of em or leave a few to take their kids to.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

hifi posted:

there's people here from wherever that buy season tickets to see their team, and sell all of em or leave a few to take their kids to.

You can probably sell off every game but one and make enough to pay for your season tickets if you have an even ok team, or are in a good vacation spot. It sucks when your team is Miami or something like that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

hifi posted:

My dad used to do that. But he said he'd been losing money on the tickets the last few years. I'm not sure if he still gets them or not but he was trying to get rid of them. But back in the old 2000-2003 days he and his friend split a set of PSLs so they'd each have 4 games to take someone to. That's how I went to so many games as a kid. Because my sisters didn't like going and my parents split up so I was always the one he took. But over the years they both got sick of going and I got older and did other stuff. So then he started selling most of the tickets. The last game I went to was in 2010 against Denver. I sort of miss going to the games but sort of have had my fill also. And I got to see the Ravens beat the Redskins live.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Started watching the end of the Lions GB game just in time to see the refs gently caress over the Lions with a bullshit penalty.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Lions will always be the Lions

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lions got jobbed

Matt Patricia should get jobbed every week

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Oh man if Lions fans had anything left in their souls I bet they’d be pissed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lions got jobbed. They stopped the Packers offense multiple times only for the refs to bail them out on two awful hands to the face calls, and had a late drive killed by a non-called blatant PI. Just an ugly, ugly thing to watch.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
How can you even count that as a loss? Like, yeah, the Lions offense stalled out after the first quarter and only getting field goals off of turnovers hurt them badly. But jesus loving christ, how are they supposed to lose fair and square when the refs are constantly bailing out Green Bay?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Kalli posted:

Lions got jobbed. They stopped the Packers offense multiple times only for the refs to bail them out on two awful hands to the face calls, and had a late drive killed by a non-called blatant PI. Just an ugly, ugly thing to watch.

Good job, refs. Sure am glad you're here to do... whatever it is you do.

Can we have the strike replacement refs back? They were probably better.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Losing both this game and the Chiefs game on flukey poo poo really stings but the Lions are at least playing up to the competition instead of getting blown out. Not ready to cry Lost Season but ugh

E: Also I spoke too soon in thinking that the fumble in the Chiefs game would be the Lions' yearly loss to a bad or poorly-understood ruling lol. Time is a flat circle.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 15, 2019

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Make Booger sky judge

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rotoworld not holding back

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
refs bad

packers need a wr2 terribly

but lions settled for 5 fieldgoals and need to suffer as a result

seriously, green bay kept trying to give the game away with three turnovers including a redzone pick only one td

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

rotoworld not holding back

Rotoworld...welcome to the #resistance

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The NFL is absolutely rigged but I like that it favors my favorite team

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

touchdown

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

not touched?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

lions.png

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also the packers would've ended up scoring on that drive anyway, let's be real regarding that kinda-touchdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

like all of the weak poo poo to point out that's among the weakest