Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Captain Blueballs
Aug 3, 2007
You magnificent bastard

Bogan Fightin' Juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Tastes like a dishrag soaked in kerosene. Do people like it or enjoy that it's repulsive to others? It could easily be both.

Captain Blueballs
Aug 3, 2007
You magnificent bastard

The correct way to enjoy Bundy rum is as ballast as you fang the bottle at some wankers head.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Captain Blueballs posted:

Bogan Fightin' Juice

check out this poor c*** who can't afford OP

Captain Blueballs
Aug 3, 2007
You magnificent bastard

~Coxy posted:

What you need to be fancy with your OP? Next you'll be telling me you get outta the bath to take a poo poo.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S6rvW4D_IU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

~Coxy posted:

Insinuating anyone but poor c***s drink Bundy...

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When I lived in Korea, I bought a bottle of Bundy to give to the sweet old couple who lived in the apartment next to me.
They loved me.

I also did the requisite Australian thing of getting them some Vegemite.
That, they liked not so much.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Bogan Fightin' Juice

Underproof? Is this like a tax law thing making it technically not liquor?

It better be if it tastes like kerosene.

I pickle my liver with gin ~94 proof or strong rum 100 proof. You guys have to drink more liquid you losers

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Wendigee posted:

I pickle my liver with gin ~94 proof or strong rum 100 proof. You guys have to drink more liquid you losers

Just let me contact a buddy of mine who's an expert in these things.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cockie sitting on a hills hoist drinking a bundy rum

/thread

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bogan Fightin' Juice

Wow the soda company makes alcohol? Weird.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Wendigee posted:

All common spirits are basically underproof not only in Australia.

UP is 37%
OP is 58%

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Wendigee posted:

Basically, yeah, Australia has some of the highest alcohol excises in the world, but I am unsure whether having spirits under 38% makes them cheaper to produce.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Duck and Cover posted:

Wow the soda company makes alcohol? Weird.
Actually no

Two seperate companies

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
This is coming from a midwestern yank but I've tried both Coopers green and Coopers red and I like the red ("Sparkling Ale") quite a bit better. (They're both good though.)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Slugnoid posted:

/thread

Cockatoos are already hellish demon birds in their normal state, I cant imagine what they're like when drunk

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Slugnoid posted:

/thread

thats me irl

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

low key sex master posted:

Cockatoos are already hellish demon birds in their normal state, I can't imagine what they're like when drunk

I can't imagine them being much different at all.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jestery posted:

Actually no

Two seperate companies

Don't you know I'm an American? What right do you have to correct me? Besides I think there's some companies here that make alcohol and soda so it really isn't all that weird had that been the case.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

low key sex master posted:

Cockatoos are already hellish demon birds in their normal state, I cant imagine what they're like when drunk

https://twitter.com/chris_johann/status/1314138521901309952?s=19

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Drunk ones just fall over and look scared and dirty, so it's just sad.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Flannelette posted:

Drunk ones just fall over and look scared and dirty, so it's just sad.

We're talking about the birds not the people

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Duck and Cover posted:

Don't you know I'm an American? What right do you have to correct me? Besides I think there's some companies here that make alcohol and soda so it really isn't all that weird had that been the case.

This is the most American response in more ways than one

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fahf77qzEnE
Bargearse, 30 min of fat jokes.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Possum skull.

I collect skulls.

General Broadcast: Send me skulls, I'll pay for postage.

I run into obscene amounts of elk, mule deer, cow, and coyote skulls during work. But I imagine you likely have most of those.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Inceltown posted:

We're talking about the birds not the people

I used to rescue drunk lorikeets every summer and the effects and treatment of drunkenness is the same for people and parrots.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
You draw dicks on parrot's faces? You're a monster.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mate, come the gently caress on; Ya gotta use the fuckin' ad with the background track that was played ad nauseum in the 90's and will never, ever leave your loving memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShlepfTFod4

I actually went there a few times as a kid.

Bonus alternatives:

Adelaide: Small but charming, desolately dry, only a little backwards, great fishing, cheap as.
Perth: Basically doing its own thing, seems ok but keeps to itself, quietly successful, too far away from anything, great beaches, poo poo beer prices.
Darwin: 35 degrees every day, a storm at 5pm on the dot, never wear long pants again.
Canberra: Roundabouts and Parliament House. Suppose that's it. has some pretty decent laws though, I think.
Hobart: Freezing, small, trying to pull itself into the 21st century from the city centre outwards, fantastic place to chill and explore (If you're white)

I'd like to correct a few points of this primo top bloke's opinions;

Adelaide: Come for the wine, stay because one of the many serial killers got yez.
Perth: Only exists so people in Western Australia have somewhere to congregate to.
Darwin: Everyone who lives in Darwin does meth and/or drinks themselves to death so they can forget they live in Darwin.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Budzilla posted:

Bargearse, 30 min of fa(r)t jokes.
ftfy

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i miss australia's wonderland

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://i.imgur.com/soWwpQE.mp4

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 28, 2021

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Absolutely vital viewing.

I once ran into a smashed Mick Malloy at a local pub after a comedy festival down the road, after mentioning my appreciation for this and The Olden Days I remarked how difficult it would have been to find the right clips for jokes and to base a (very, very loose) story around. He was thankful and mentioned that this almost never comes up and we immediately started repeating lines from the shows and laughing for a good ten minutes. Was an awesome night.

Telsa Cola posted:

I run into obscene amounts of elk, mule deer, cow, and coyote skulls during work. But I imagine you likely have most of those.

Being from Australia, no, not really.
But I cannot imagine they would be cheap to send here.

But I am keen on coyote skulls if you wanna inbox me.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Quarantine will be the trickiest part of bringing skulls in. Will need to be fumigated and poo poo.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

BrassRoots posted:

Quarantine will be the trickiest part of bringing skulls in. Will need to be fumigated and poo poo.

Stuff takes that long to get from the states anyway I don't know if they would bother, but I best get advice on this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stuff takes that long to get from the states anyway I don't know if they would bother, but I best get advice on this.

I was looking at the Agriculture import site for something else, and it had this for bones;

quote:

Animal horns, teeth or bones are allowed into Australia if they are clean and free from contamination with seed, soil and animal or plant debris.

If contamination is found on the items they will be treated, exported or destroyed at the importers expense.

Animal horns or bones may be subject to control under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES). Items known to be or considered to be covered by CITES will be referred to the Department of Home Affairs on arrival in Australia.

If you are unsure whether the item you wish to bring into Australia is of CITES concern please check the departments information on non-commercial wildlife trade.

So long as it's been cleaned to hell and back, they SHOULD probably be okay and they'll just make you pay to have it cleaned otherwise.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was looking at the Agriculture import site for something else, and it had this for bones;
So long as it's been cleaned to hell and back, they SHOULD probably be okay and they'll just make you pay to have it cleaned otherwise.

Cheers, Neddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't have much of a sweet tooth but there's an Australian treat I can't resist at all.

Neenish loving Tart.

Pastry, jam, cream (mock cream usually), icing, done.

They're so loving good.