Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Tom Brady is so old he won playoff games back when New Orleans, Atlanta and Carolina were in the NFC West.

And St. Louis!

Four EST teams and the niners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
speaking of touchdown tom being ancient

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1480967337712959494?t=VPE3jMaKFPO4DgpV9Q_G4g&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

Tom Brady is so old he won playoff games back when New Orleans, Atlanta and Carolina were in the NFC West.

Haven't there been like 3 or 4 players drafted, played and inducted into the hall of fame during his career.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

BlindSite posted:

Haven't there been like 3 or 4 players drafted, played and inducted into the hall of fame during his career.

There has been one (Megatron) and should be at least three more (Joe Thomas, AD, Patrick Willis) who were drafted, played and inducted since Tom turned 30

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

I think these 3 might be it.

Ed Reed
Troy Polamalu
Calvin Johnson

And yeah, the list also would include the ancient Larry Fitzgerald but he just retired.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

a neat cape posted:

And St. Louis!

Four EST teams and the niners.

St Louis and New Orleans are in which time zone?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

gently caress off Joe Judge!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

I think these 3 might be it.

Ed Reed
Troy Polamalu
Calvin Johnson

And yeah, the list also would include the ancient Larry Fitzgerald but he just retired.

That was them. There could also be a couple more this year depending on how the voting goes. Which is kind of insane when you get down to it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Dave posted:

gently caress off Joe Judge!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

It's really amazing the Bengals

let's go bengie

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1480959514425896960?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I feel a sense of dread like this is toying with some cosmic horror.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We're going to get the Super Bowl Champion Steelers thanks to the Chargers head coach being stupid.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Look I'm always down for a good post season upset, but steelers winning and ben's corpse being dragged around for a few more games is just morbid

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Buddy I wanna see Ben running for his life, desperately seeking defeat and falling up.

This only applies against the chiefs though, anything more and I'd be sweating pretty bad that I had made a deal with the devil

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

We're going to get the Super Bowl Champion Steelers thanks to the Chargers head coach being stupid.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tyreek Hill has some heel injury that could just pop and the Chiefs offense has been incredibly underwhelming in a bunch of games this year. If the Steelers defense can hold them below 24...idk.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Keep going I'm almost there

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"You’ve completed your last pass kid. Sorry you got twisted up in this scene. From where I'm kneeling out the clock it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck. Truth is…the game was rigged from the start. Uh here we go. Stilers. here we go. pitts. burgh's. goin'. to the soo oo per bowl."
-- Benny to Pat Mahomes, 11:22pm EST, Sunday, January 16, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

"You’ve completed your last pass kid. Sorry you got twisted up in this scene. From where I'm kneeling out the clock it must seem like an 18-carat run of bad luck. Truth is…the game was rigged from the start. Uh here we go. Stilers. here we go. pitts. burgh's. goin'. to the soo oo per bowl."

Make this the new thread title somehow thanks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I know it’s not quite the same because the 2015 Broncos were the 1 seed but I think some people forget just how absolutely putrid Peyton was during the regular season. Only played in 10 games and in them threw 9 TDs 17 INTs, 6.8 YPA, 59.8% Completion Percentage, 67.9 QB Rating.

Ben this year has played in 16 games and threw 22 TDs 10 INTs, 6.2 YPA, 64.5% Completion Percentage, 86.8 QB Rating

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know it’s not quite the same because the 2015 Broncos were the 1 seed but I think some people forget just how absolutely putrid Peyton was during the regular season. Only played in 10 games and in them threw 9 TDs 17 INTs, 6.8 YPA, 59.8% Completion Percentage, 67.9 QB Rating.

Ben this year has played in 16 games and threw 22 TDs 10 INTs, 6.2 YPA, 64.5% Completion Percentage, 86.8 QB Rating

The Steelers defense isn’t anywhere near as good as that Broncos defense was.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A.o.D. posted:

St Louis and New Orleans are in which time zone?

I mean in terms of when your home games normally start. It's the early window, not the late window like every AFC/NFC West team except KC because they don't feel like it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I personally won't complain if the Chiefs somehow lose to the Steelers. Either Big Ben gets humiliated in his final game or the Tits get a Steelers team we almost beat despite four turnovers and missing our big offensive weapons. Win/win to me!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Cavauro posted:

Pittsburgh, after the Raiders didn't tie

and also probably before

I guess it's just Pittsburgh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

How did you find my commute dashcam

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I still can't believe Ross is responsible for Pittsburgh ring #7 because he texted Staley and told him to take a timeout

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Steelers don't have a chance in hell, come on. They just played them and there was literally no point in that game where it looked like they had even a tiny chance to win

Yeah it's the NFL I suppose anything could happen, and the Chiefs defense can be pretty poo poo, but that would be the biggest surprise upset this round by a huge margin. Chiefs are favored by 12 and a half!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That makes it sound so much better than it actually was. That 6.2 YPA is 30th in the league and ahead of only Wilson, Lawrence and Brissett. Watching the Steelers offense is horrible

If the Chiefs lose they have hosed up so, so bad. imo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Geno Smith apparently got busted for DUI and...according to the state troopers...told one of them that they had a small dick.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1480999215929114625

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Stop trying to make me like Geno Smith

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Play posted:

Steelers don't have a chance in hell, come on. They just played them and there was literally no point in that game where it looked like they had even a tiny chance to win

Yeah it's the NFL I suppose anything could happen, and the Chiefs defense can be pretty poo poo, but that would be the biggest surprise upset this round by a huge margin. Chiefs are favored by 12 and a half!

That makes it sound so much better than it actually was. That 6.2 YPA is 30th in the league and ahead of only Wilson, Lawrence and Brissett. Watching the Steelers offense is horrible

If the Chiefs lose they have hosed up so, so bad. imo
That's less than what the Colts were favored by on Sunday, and you're saying Ben had a better YPA than Lawrence? :raise:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Diva Cupcake posted:

Stolen from Reddit because I like neat graphics.

Seeing the Patriots absent from playoff seeding in 2008 (the Matt Cassell year) reminds me of a statistic surrounding that: there are six ways to finish a season:

- Win the Super Bowl
- Win the conference, lose the Super Bowl
- Win the division, lose the conference
- Make the playoffs, lose the division
- Make the playoffs, lose the wild card
- Not make the playoffs

The Patriots had a six year stretch where they did each one of these, obviously the sixth way being 2008.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 13, 2022

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The Bucs and the Giants having the most Super Bowls in the NFC on that graphic just feels weird for some reason.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Pats with a first-round bye eight years in a row, holy moly

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Seeing the Patriots absent from playoff seeding in 2008 (the Matt Cassell year) reminds me of a statistic surrounding that: there are six ways to finish a season:

- Win the Super Bowl
- Win the conference, lose the Super Bowl
- Win the division, lose the conference
- Win the wild card, lose the division
- Win a wild card spot, lose the wild card
- Not make the playoffs

The Patriots had a six year stretch where they did each one of these, obviously the sixth way being 2008.

This is very pedantic of me but a team could lose in the divisional round without winning a wild card game

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

Stop trying to make me like Geno Smith

gently caress Geno Smith

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Diva Cupcake posted:

Stolen from Reddit because I like neat graphics.

The Lions have the fewest NFC appearances, all as the very last seed.

The Browns have the fewest AFC appearances, all as the very last seed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

The Lions have the fewest NFC appearances, all as the very last seed.

The Browns have the fewest AFC appearances, all as the very last seed.

One day they shall meet in the Super Bowl

And the Dagor Dagorath will begin.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Hey, we weren't last last year! We were just in what used to be last!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think Big Ben is the only NFL player I'd be completely ok with dying on the field