Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Ehud posted:

hang a banner

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1570170427900657664?t=Ldv_W-oWBeg2it55RCfAaA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

This is one of the most pathetic excuses I have ever read, Jesus Christ.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

I was curious, the Geno Smith led Seahawks had 9.2 yards a play in the first half. Don't look at the second half.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Giants averaged 68 yards per play*, clearly they’re the best offense.

Based on a single play at the 12:45 mark in the 3rd quarter.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I wonder how much of that 7.7 was the 75 yard broken coverage TD

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Woozie66 posted:

Chucktesla posted:

They averaged 0.7 yards per play the first 25 minutes in case anyone was curious.

They also had a 75 yard bomb to Robbie Anderson so if you take that play out they averaged about 5.7 yards per play the final 35 minutes. This guy shouldn't be an NFL head coach

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Woozie66 posted:

"If we just got the broken result every play, we'd be unstoppable." -Matt Rhule, probably

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It would be cool, or at least okish if he were saying 'we figured some things out over the course of the game and we hope we can keep that going in the future.'

But like all of you I don't get the sense that's the way he's saying it, it seems to be defensive bullshit.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Banners fly forever

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
drat, talk about the hot seat, I'm watching the college football kickoff shows and they're already speculating on Matt Rhule as a dark horse to take the Nebraska job when it doesn't work out in Carolina this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Crescent Wrench posted:

drat, talk about the hot seat, I'm watching the college football kickoff shows and they're already speculating on Matt Rhule as a dark horse to take the Nebraska job when it doesn't work out in Carolina this year.

They think they are going to get Urban.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

It's ironic that Luck, not knock for his legs, ran out

*I guess for the Colts, their Luck ran out

I'll be here for the rest of time, folks

Wow this guy is the absolute king of excuses lol. Really not how it's done in this league

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mcmagic posted:

They think they are going to get Urban.

No reason they shouldn't.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What would be the worst coaching staff you could possibly assemble? Cause outside of Belichick and might just be New Englands.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What would be the worst coaching staff you could possibly assemble? Cause outside of Belichick and might just be New Englands.
The 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars. The HC even called them a bunch of losers himself!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars. The HC even called them a bunch of losers himself!

Yeah this is the one that jumps out to me, not because of Urban throwing them under the bus but because I just looked at that staff when it was assembled and my brain did a whole ??? and stuck for a while.

A bunch of college guys which makes sense for Meyer since he'd know them better, but they weren't the good college guys. Then another bunch of just, not good coaches over the years that made zero sense fitting in with everyone else.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah this is the one that jumps out to me, not because of Urban throwing them under the bus but because I just looked at that staff when it was assembled and my brain did a whole ??? and stuck for a while.

A bunch of college guys which makes sense for Meyer since he'd know them better, but they weren't the good college guys. Then another bunch of just, not good coaches over the years that made zero sense fitting in with everyone else.
Brian Schottenheimer as, uh, QB coach (?) was the cherry on top.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Strong I led this club in ninth inning doubles in the month of August energy from Rhule.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Brian Schottenheimer as, uh, QB coach (?) was the cherry on top.

He helped russ cook for a out half a season

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rhule gets one step closer to the poo poo can today

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
If rhule can't get a win today that's pretty much it. I hope it happens soon, his annoying face actually detracts from my enjoyment of the Panthers. You can tell in real time when he's thinking of excuses

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

zimbomonkey posted:

If rhule can't get a win today that's pretty much it. I hope it happens soon, his annoying face actually detracts from my enjoyment of the Panthers. You can tell in real time when he's thinking of excuses

Yeah, I'm so tired of having to look at him. I need him to go back to college ball ASAP

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Nebraska would lose their minds trying to decide between Urban and Rhule lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nebraska would lose their minds trying to decide between Urban and Rhule lol

rhule has proven he can win at 2nd tier college programs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

big huge twitter thread of panthers drama/speculation/bullshit

https://twitter.com/CodyLac/status/1570953434408587265?s=20&t=d88RAJzjHJTzXlsxaFPC7A

there's definitely poo poo in here that could be true, especially the part about dunlap wanting to come here but rhule making him "earn" the job or whatever.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I've been a pretty stout defender of Frank Reich, but I think his seat should be pretty warm at this point. The problems have been the same for his entire tenure, and at this point it's becoming inexcusable.

Not sure about Ballard, but I do think he has another coaching hire in him before his job is in danger.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Can we put Joe Woods here yet???

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Frank Reich, Indianapolis Colts

Losing this bad to the Jags has to put someone at Moderate by default

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The most damning thing for Reich is that we're still seeing the exact problems we saw in the last two games last year that cost us a playoff spot, and you can't blame Carson anymore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Until today I didn't know Reich hired Gus Bradley in TYOOL 2022, that should be worth a Moderate on general principle

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If ruhle survives this season I don’t know man

In case you missed it

https://twitter.com/catcraveblog/status/1571590037346848769?s=46&t=GDJZsraif0Mnq9hXOWcerw

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

FizFashizzle posted:

In case you missed it

https://twitter.com/catcraveblog/status/1571590037346848769?s=46&t=GDJZsraif0Mnq9hXOWcerw

The 1 was week 4 of the 2020 season goddamn he sucks

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Fire Joe Woods

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Losing this bad to the Jags has to put someone at Moderate by default

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1571591194672521220?t=cIdl8LfkDtDIeavrMIaKag&s=33

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

FizFashizzle posted:

In case you missed it

please just fire him, please

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Fire Matt Rhule
Hire Steve Brule

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I wonder if Jack "Mega Chud" Del Rio gets fired soon.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As far as I can tell, Bill Callahan is the only coach to get fired just one year after making a Super Bowl. Apparently Zac Taylor really wants to be the second.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kalensc posted:

Fire Matt Rhule
Hire Steve Brule

thinking about throwing an interception?

throw a touchdown instead, ya dummy!

for your health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I feel like either Hackett who’s overmatched as a head coach or the Broncos GM who traded for Russel Wilson should be fired this season.

Lol what am I saying of course they both should be fired. Im guessing we’re gonna see them scapegoat their coordinators and other coaches by week 4, then the vote of confidence for Hackett by week 8.