Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Dreylad posted:

if we're going to tackle climate change it requires people to do all sorts of new work, from pollution cleanup, carbon sequestration, decarbonizing industries etc etc which means we need more young people to continue the intergenerational struggle to protect the biosphere and preserve what we can, let alone build a better society. labour has to reproduce itself to continue onward, if you want to think of it in pretty stark and impersonal terms. natalism/antinatlaism as related to climate change falls into the trap of individual choices solving systemic problems unless you think that having kids needs to be systematically enforced/discouraged which is a whole different conversation most people don't really want to have since the implications are pretty grim.

if you don't think that's possible then it doesn't matter if people have kids or not. most of the developed countries are already below replacement level anyway, and most will need massive immigration to be able to tackle the fact that there's going to be something like 1 worker for 3 retirees/elders as it stands. even then immigration isn't going to be enough for europe, the USA, and china. gonna need lots more young people.

yeah this makes sense. although the fast food industry employs 4 million people and livestock is 15% of our co2 emissions, feel like a lot of the harmful jobs could be transitioned into carbon offsetting work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Dreylad posted:

sorts of new work

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

kramering in to sealion in another thread

can we get a probe on this guy V_V

calm down

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

there's some good people on both sides

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
reminds me of this clip from countdown

https://i.imgur.com/34bfMrY.mp4

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont know how the shoudlnt have kids crowd squares up with the fact that every single thing you do in teh west is sustained by some kid in the 3rd world not having a childhood

if you care so much about those kids maybe you shouldn’t have a kid that is just going to end up exploiting their kids?

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

every anti-natalist sees themselves as Rust Cohle

thinking about the juxtaposition with Marty the "family man" who deludes himself into seeing nobility in the indulgence of his base desires while the happy family he's trying to build is falling apart because of it

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

every anti-natalist sees themselves as Rust Cohle and the world sees them as r/childfree

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

drat looked it up and gross

women poo poo out the kid after 9 months??? thats crazy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i will name my kids pim tool and glem

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

fianlyl a thread for the bug people who occupy the climate change thread to voice their retarded opinions about the world

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Total fertility rate by country

It's really quite remarkable how many places where people have traditionally had large families have reduced their fertility rate recently. I'm quietly hopeful about Chinese backed development in Africa giving the people there more prosperity, which will lead to fertility rates there falling too.

Seems like the antinatalists are getting what they want.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

israeli guy getting bewildered every time he remembers that palestinians are reproducing despite their material conditions

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

fianlyl a thread for the bug people who occupy the climate change thread to voice their retarded opinions about the world

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
the world's falling apart, impending Climate Nukes are hovering around us like a crack-pinged posadist miasma (lol, lmao) and you chose to gently caress someone of the opposite sex and produce spawn that is even more draining on the limited resources available?! we can't construct enough additional pylons as it is, you're just contributing to Genocide imho

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
That child you just had? It's going to grow up driving a car and eating at Applebee's. Way. To. loving. Go.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

israeli guy getting bewildered every time he remembers that palestinians are reproducing despite their material conditions

lmfao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

the world's falling apart, impending Climate Nukes are hovering around us like a crack-pinged posadist miasma (lol, lmao) and you chose to gently caress someone of the opposite sex and produce spawn that is even more draining on the limited resources available?! we can't construct enough additional pylons as it is, you're just contributing to Genocide imho

this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cspam is a pro genocide forum and that's why i have two kids

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
My personal take on having kids is that it would be messed up to do when I could just adopt instead. Decided not to have any out of self interest anyway. Of course, I would never criticize somebody else for having kids, even if that makes them literally Hitler and a chud.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

That child you just had? It's going to grow up driving a car and eating at Applebee's. Way. To. loving. Go.

lmao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the most badass anti natalists are the ones who clearly just have clinical depression and resent their parents for having been born

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

don’t doxx me bro

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the most badass anti natalists are the ones who clearly just have clinical depression and resent their parents for having been born

I think all mentally ill anti natalists are equally badass

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
When you give birth to a kid, they're gonna eventually die. But if they're never born they'll never die either. So you plan for a pregnancy you're committing murder in the first degree but if the condom breaks it's just manslaughter.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

When you give birth to a kid, they're gonna eventually die. But if they're never born they'll never die either. So you plan for a pregnancy you're committing murder in the first degree but if the condom breaks it's just manslaughter.

yeah that's cool man if i could just get the oz i really need to get going

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It's ok to have kids but so many people just seem miserable after they have them and or put no effort into taking care of them

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son doesnt want to go to bed tonight so im an anti natalist now

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

our children are named Jailynn, Brailynn, and KirbyKhan

#Beblessed

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

SAME

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
drat. I was about to blast some gloppy gloo in my wife's pussay but your op changed my mind.

curse this hellworld! i'm going to sit in the corner until i starve to death.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

lmao

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I would probably take philosophical antinatalist arguments more seriously if they didn't seem to come almost entirely from people leading very comfortable lifestyles suffering from excessive ennui

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lobster shirt posted:

Didn't ancient Rome allow parents to straight-up kill their kids up to an extremely late age or is that fake history

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

I would probably take philosophical antinatalist arguments more seriously if they didn't seem to come almost entirely from people leading very comfortable lifestyles suffering from excessive ennui

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's pretty much everyone who makes any kind of philosophical argument, historically

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Big supporters of consent here as long as it's convenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

hottest and richest gf i ever had broke up with me citing her belief in voluntary human extinctionism and my desire for children were irreconcilable differences. now in reality i was probably too ugly, stinky, and poor; but due to this contrivance i have sworn a blood feud against any and all antinatalists

drat what's her account?