Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A potion that makes your clothes melt off? Don't give the potion gremlin any ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

trucutru posted:

Karane has a typical tsundere personality, though not violent by any means.

:eyepop:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Died at the joke with the drawing where the chest potion, instead of giving her boobs would give her manly pecs

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GateOfD posted:

Died at the joke with the drawing where the chest potion, instead of giving her boobs would give her manly pecs

That joke in the manga was kusuri explaining to karane that it would give her bob sapp's chest (no picture). Kinda amazing that Bob Sapp jokes are still relevant in japan. Hakari's mega jiggle was a new joke and so was the alien nano one.

So, yeah, the dudes in charge of the anime do know how to add/modify jokes for the show.

My favorite joke in this chapter was just shizuka's "aniiiikiiiii" line delivery. BTW, the VAs for hakari&karane -in particular- are having a blast.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the bostone karane pun made me lose my mind. incredible episode

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Farg posted:

glad this show doesn't do any weird poo poo like have any of the girls be 8 years old

to it's credit the series never uses that old chestnut as an excuse to get creepy. she's always treated entirely wholesomely in tiny mode

besides the drugs, i mean.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What's not wholesome about drugs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

What's not wholesome about drugs

irresponsible drug use is a serious issue. she's definitely not a liscensed physician, though her drugs are basically magic potions so i don't know how much that would actually help

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

to it's credit the series never uses that old chestnut as an excuse to get creepy. she's always treated entirely wholesomely in tiny mode

Sure, by rentaro. But there a few select girlfriends that are mega-creeps

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trucutru posted:

Sure, by rentaro. But there a few select girlfriends that are mega-creeps

oh yeah things definitely get fuckin Weird sometimes but iirc tiny Kusuri is never involved in any of that outside of magic potions.

basically the bar for this character type is like underground levels of low but this series does manage to step over it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Yinlock posted:

besides the drugs, i mean.

Hmm

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Shizuka being taken care by everybody was the best running gag this episode.

And they kept Hakari's iconic line.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The moment Nano started breaking through the door I expected the shining reference, but it was still hilarious.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
that was a perfect adaptation

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/LossThief/status/1728817610450780212

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I remember most of the major beats from these early chapters but notably not Hakari's final line in this ep so I lost it a little bit when it hit.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

This show is somewhat horny

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It amazes me how this show stays at 100 (:v:) but also feels more genuine despite the central conceit. Like I genuinely cannot recall another harem anime where the characters were this into each other.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A friend of mine described 100gf as Manga Mr Boop, a descriptor I've been thinking about ever since.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Seraphic Neoman posted:

It amazes me how this show stays at 100 (:v:) but also feels more genuine despite the central conceit. Like I genuinely cannot recall another harem anime where the characters were this into each other.

Maybe because of the central conceit - or rather, because the creators took the concept sincerely.

I mean, yeah, it's a shitpost of a concept, that's kind of the point. What they've done with it is the interesting thing.

On the one hand, they've piled shitpost on shitpost on shitpost - started out with a shitpost concept, and then piled on with shitpost characters and shitpost stories, becoming something that's shitpost on every level no matter where you look, a shitpost fractal.

On the other hand, they treat all that stuff with sincerity - they're not ironic about it, they're not pretending it's not there, they're not expecting it to be treated utterly seriously, but they care about it. They know what they're doing is pure concentrated shitpost and they care about it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's not a shitpost, this is a proper chivalric tale. A honest, gentle knight, loving proper and decent in all ways and all actions constantly tempted to sin by a sea of female suitors.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Best part of the episode

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hakari Retrieval Arc

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

thing is, the mom's reaction (other than suddenly moving) is normal if any parent found out their daughter is dating a guy who also has 4 other girlfriends

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't know, I think I'd be okay with it, but I'd want to meet the guy first to see if he doesn't give off cult vibes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rentarou DOES give off cult vibes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rentarou is a good boy. He comes off as super devoted. Now if this were girl 99 I'd probably object just on principle, no man can handle that much estrogen.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a nice cult

But it is ABSOLUTELY a cult

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Join the Rentarou Family.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
There's probably a middle ground between being totally hands off with your daughter being (happily) 5-timed and having her transfer schools, moving, and threatening to have the guy killed

That said I think the sanity bell curve is centered around the latter half of those actions, so a mostly sane if overbearing reaction is welcome, for once

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Hahari has a lot of issues, i hope they skim over the icky parts of that backstory.

Episode 10: it's milfin time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spookydonut posted:

Hahari has a lot of issues, i hope they skim over the icky parts of that backstory.

Episode 10: it's milfin time

:pwn:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Newest recruit in the manga is an INCREDIBLE addition

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rody One Half posted:

It's a nice cult

Its a Death Cult.

But its about him having to help them avoid death. Thanks God.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Rody One Half posted:

Newest recruit in the manga is an INCREDIBLE addition

i'm gonna guess making them cockney is an attempt to translate a kansai dialect

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Spookydonut posted:

i'm gonna guess making them cockney is an attempt to translate a kansai dialect

No. If you read a decent translation, there should've been an translator note at the end.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Supremezero posted:

No. If you read a decent translation, there should've been an translator note at the end.

forgive me for :justpost:ing before finishing the chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

It's a nice cult

maybe the REAL cult is society and their shallow definition of love, maaan