Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's five really's (important)

ANN: Rentaro Aijo is a hopeless romantic – emphasis on "hopeless." Before starting high school, he'd already confessed his love to 100 different girls and was rejected every time. But a trip to a local shrine of the God of Love brings him good fortune, of a kind. Due to a clerical error in the heavens, Rentaro is guaranteed to find that special someone – 100 of them, to be precise. He is destined to have triple-digit soulmates, and it's up to him to find them all, cherish them all, and keep this Love Hectogon stable, lest disaster befall him and his many, many, many, many loves.

I like this manga a whole lot, it's very funny, silly, and irreverent while also clearly a labor of love for the artist/writer duo. To steal someone else's comparison it kind of feels like it has a similar relationship with harem romcoms that Gintama has with shounen action and therefore you can take it as seriously as that (so not very). One episode in so far the anime adaption has been great and has wasted no time inserting in humor that takes advantage of now being animated which bodes very well for what it will try to do in the future (or perhaps more interestingly will have to change).

It's on Crunchyroll on Sundays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The manga is absolutely hilarious so I look forward to seeing how the anime adapts it to screen.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

first ep had me laugh out loud a couple times which is a good sign for the rest of the anime. hoip

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

first ep had me laugh out loud a couple times which is a good sign for the rest of the anime. hoip

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
the only thing I don't like is the rejected one dies bit.
just have him want to get with all of them because he values their sincerity.

Current winner for me:
The Tsundere

Will update my rankings with each episode

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
This is an incredibly well done shitpost/parody dunk on both the pure romance and harem genres

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

This manga is just incredible, instead of inserting as Rentarou so you can date all the girls, you want to insert as one of the girls so you can date Rentarou. Also it's funny as hell, I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the most batshit moments are adapted over.

Shizuka is best girl.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ok episode 1 was funny as all hell, good stuff.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don’t want to insert as one of the girls

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm friend A.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Namtab posted:

You just haven't met the right girl yet. Don't worry, there'll be 100 eventually.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
I died at the drink juice bit

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Fangz posted:

I'm friend A.

I'm Balus from Fortress in the Sky

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Namtab posted:

skill issue

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And speaking too soon!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

king.......

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m going to be the guy, not a girl

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just from episode 1 this show has such good energy.

The reason for Rentaro having 100 soulmates got me good.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
its great how in the middle of all the dialogue, they sneak in one little random line like 'i know this makes no sense, just go with it' which is directed at the viewer

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sometimes hanging the lampshade works, other times it feels lazy. I haven't watched the EP yet but I trust them.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
starting ep2
lol, the rapid fire jokes keep on hitting

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Remembering that I never liked the vice principal jokes
But then also remembering the payoff/solution at the end so it's all good

Rentarou not the only one with the two hands after all

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Nate RFB posted:

Remembering that I never liked the vice principal jokes

yeah that whole bit and the bit with the cat was kind of eh. weaker episode than the first one.

honestly though a throwaway line got a huge laugh out of me - when they're standing with the masks on and hakari goes "this feels almost illegal"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Southern Cassowary posted:

yeah that whole bit and the bit with the cat was kind of eh. weaker episode than the first one.

The first bit with the cat was good though. By which I mean when Karane noticed the cat and went "it's a cat!" in her head and just stared at it for a while.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Tsundere continues to be MVP

Omae Wa Mou Shinderu

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Southern Cassowary posted:

at least with the vice principal it was aware of how gross that poo poo is and played off that. still bleah but the ep still had some good jokes

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
joke of the week.

you're already dead

runner up:
the power pole and school building getting sweat drops at the trio' lovey dovy antics

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Crosspeice posted:

Shizuka is best girl.
Creature...

I'd say Hakari should get some self-respect but her self-esteem is clearly already plenty high

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i've already ordered a gangsta knife online

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rentaro should really just drag the God of Love over to explain the situation. Dude owes him a solid anyway. 100 of them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think Rentarou would feel that doing that would make it feel like he's dating them out of obligation, which isn't fair

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They are soulmates so he really loves them back, is the thing. It's not obligation or just to spare them a pointless death, he really really really really REALLY loves the girls. He's a hopeless romantic.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, thinking about it a bit more and completely disregarding Rentaro for a bit, the God of Love REALLY owes an explanation to every single one of those 100 girlfriends for why they have to share their sole soulmate with 99 other girls.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
"Go out with me (and btw I have 99 other girls) or you'll die" is not a good look, even if it's true.

Rentaro is given a really, really lovely hand but he's gonna pull through, because he really loves his soulmate(s).

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

derra posted:

"Go out with me (and btw I have 99 other girls) or you'll die" is not a good look, even if it's true.

Rentaro is given a really, really lovely hand but he's gonna pull through, because he really loves his soulmate(s).

Incorrect.

He's given a really, really, really, really, really lovely hand, and he'll pull through because he really, really, really, really, really loves his soulmates.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

good & cute ep, lmao especially at the ending

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

good & cute ep, lmao especially at the ending

agreed. last weeks episode was too gross for me, happy know they're capable of telling some sweeter stories like this one

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
protect Yoshimoto's smile.
its good that we have a quiet girl to balance out the first two's loud ones.

what kind of freaking library takes a week to issue a card? jeez.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*

Kwyndig posted:

They are soulmates so he really loves them back, is the thing. It's not obligation or just to spare them a pointless death, he really really really really REALLY loves the girls. He's a hopeless romantic.

good point.
it would sound mean if the god merely made 100 girls fall in love with him, and he was just placating them, but its actual soulmate designation.