Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think women should keep wearing makeup

I think men should start wearing makeup and then they should start wearing womens clothes and then they should suck my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zzulu posted:

I think men should start wearing makeup and then they should start wearing womens clothes and then they should suck my dick

Are you okay with 2 out of 3?

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Sitting Here posted:

a good money saving tip for women who want to look good on the cheap is to have good genetics, I use my mom's and i don't have to wear any makeup!

Yeah, it's easy not to use makeup if nothing is terribly wrong with your skin. Even moreso if you naturally have pigmented lips, and dark, full brows and eyelashes.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sitting Here posted:

a good money saving tip for women who want to look good on the cheap is to have good genetics, I use my mom's and i don't have to wear any makeup!
Even better if you're a The Thing-style alien

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Absolute Lithops posted:

Yeah, it's easy not to use makeup if nothing is terribly wrong with your skin. Even moreso if you naturally have pigmented lips, and dark, full brows and eyelashes.

If you just take reasonably good care of whatever skin you were given, I don't see how it could be in any way un-presentable? What's wrong with nude lips and thin eyebrows? Nothing, I say. A lot of what we think is ugly on those no-make-up pics is sun damage and tiredness. :(

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Don Tacorleone posted:

Way to miss the point, idiot

You are missing the point of how sexist you are after being beaten over the head with it several times.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Maldoror posted:

This magazine article is 7 years old

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

City of Tampa posted:

also they should stop shaving their legs and armpits
and then they should grow penises

This is already happening. Trust me I've seen it first hand not kidding!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

a dog from hell posted:

You are missing the point of how sexist you are after being beaten over the head with it several times.

I know I'm sexist

Here's a stunner: I don't care

Print that poo poo on Twitter bitch

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Oh Hell No posted:

we should follow South Korea's example and at least make poo poo like bb cream and concealer acceptable for dudes

put them in black and red tubes and call it "FACE FINISHING GEL FOR MEN"

One of my roommates had all kinds of beauty stuff for dudes. No make up, but I giggled a little every time I looked at the giant bath poof that matched the body scrub bottle.

Dudes should be allowed to use whatever beauty products they want. I just think the marketing is funny.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psychokitty posted:

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
If your face is getting puffy every morning you should probably get rid of the bee hive

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

psychokitty posted:

how many of these things women do are actually supported by science

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

quote:

how many of these things women do are actually supported by science

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
mostly the message I'm getting from those celebrities exposed photos is less "women are ogres without makeup" and more, "nobody looks good in candid flash photography with their chin pressed back."

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

how did you get this picture of me from the morning after my bukkake party

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zorodius posted:

mostly the message I'm getting from those celebrities exposed photos is less "women are ogres without makeup" and more, "nobody looks good in candid flash photography with their chin pressed back."

Yup. But they are the ones people pay for, because people just love to tear another person down.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

psychokitty posted:

If you just take reasonably good care of whatever skin you were given, I don't see how it could be in any way un-presentable? What's wrong with nude lips and thin eyebrows? Nothing, I say. A lot of what we think is ugly on those no-make-up pics is sun damage and tiredness. :(
There's nothing wrong or unpresentable about not wearing makeup imo, regardless of how someone looks. But not everyone has skin that looks normal-ish with reasonably good care.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Absolute Lithops posted:

There's nothing wrong or unpresentable about not wearing makeup imo, regardless of how someone looks. But not everyone has skin that looks normal-ish with reasonably good care.

What is normal-ish? I mean what is it that requires hiding with makeup that can't be actually cured by caring for your skin? What is so hideous that others must not see it?

I'm mostly responding to a judgmental goon who declared that those of us who refuse to wear makeup are unpresentable.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
What's funny is that most if not all of the women in the celeb pics are wearing some make up.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

psychokitty posted:

What is normal-ish? I mean what is it that requires hiding with makeup that can't be actually cured by caring for your skin? What is so hideous that others must not see it?

I'm mostly responding to a judgmental goon who declared that those of us who refuse to wear makeup are unpresentable.

Agreed 100%

You're allright psychokitty

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Don Tacorleone posted:

Agreed 100%

You're allright psychokitty

Well you're alright by me too

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

psychokitty posted:

I'm talking about social pressure and the perception of "normality." My point is, there's greater social pressure on women to wear makeup if they have, say, intractable cystic acne or vitiligo. There are fewer social consequences to not wearing makeup if you look "beautiful" without it.

I rarely wear makeup, but it's not a personal triumph because it's fairly easy for me (not that I'm "beautiful" with or without it). It's nothing to be smug about.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 19, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Absolute Lithops posted:

I'm talking about social pressure and the perception of "normality." My point is, there's greater social pressure on women to wear makeup if they have, say, intractable cystic acne or vitiligo. There are fewer social consequences to not wearing makeup if you look "beautiful" without it.

I rarely wear makeup, but it's not a personal triumph because it's fairly easy for me (not that I'm "beautiful" with or without it). It's nothing to be smug about.

We need an "I'm out" emote.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

VendaGoat posted:

We need an "I'm out" emote.

idgi

e: In the interest of full disclosure I often wear a little lipstick

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 19, 2016

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:yikes:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Absolute Lithops posted:

I am "emphasizing" the "ambiguity" of the words I am "speaking".

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
just add vaguely military/sports sounding words on the bottle or words like Titan

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://manglaze.com/

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Absolute Lithops posted:

I think vitiligo is beautiful and unique.

Cystic acne is indeed a problem, but it's treatable and I've even had mine treated with extreme treatments in the past (and I still didn't try and hide it with makeup bc you know what? makeup is typically not really very good for acne), although I know there are barriers to treatment. Thing is, it's still not very scary or horrible. We've all seen it and most of us have had some form of acne in our lives. That said, I hope people aren't walking around with open pustules, but if they are, makeup ain't gonna do a drat thing to help.

Yeah you might get teased as a teenager but who doesn't get teased for something. And if, as an adult, you think people close up can't see your "imperfections" under your makeup, think again. It may smooth you out from afar, but if you're hiding cystic acne, you need cake face and that alone is certainly not attractive.

P.S. I don't see Edward James Olmos trying to hide his crater face.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

psychokitty posted:

P.S. I don't see Edward James Olmos trying to hide his crater face.

You'd need spackle and a trowel, lady.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Here's something else women should do: Licky my dicky

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Don Tacorleone posted:

Here's something else women should do: Licky my dicky

i spoke with the gals and while this is an interesting proposition, it doesn't meet the needs of our brand at this time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Absolute Lithops posted:

i dont give a gently caress jeeeeeez

i just put on a little eyeshadow and lip gloss if i feel like it

other days

i just go full warpaint like this

it depends on all the :effort: on a given day and its function

cos u see when the warpaint is on, the hunt is on, and the moon is blood red and the wolves blood stirs within my animus as i pray to my ancestors to lend me their primal strength to bring down a stag for the moonletting

namaste

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
How do you guys not get the American Psycho quote jesus h christ

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Oh it's there

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

psychokitty posted:

Christ man, it must take you, like, 5 hours to get ready every morning.

Where do you find the time to kill people.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Me going out with my girls

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

i dont give a gently caress jeeeeeez

i just put on a little eyeshadow and lip gloss if i feel like it

other days

i just go full warpaint like this

it depends on all the :effort: on a given day and its function

cos u see when the warpaint is on, the hunt is on, and the moon is blood red and the wolves blood stirs within my animus as i pray to my ancestors to lend me their primal strength to bring down a stag for the moonletting

namaste

Stalk me.
:stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Miss Bum Bum wears makeup in the hospital. I saw pix.

• Locked thread