Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I probably felt similarly in 2008 :hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

RadioactiveKid posted:

O Brother and No Country are the only good cohen bros movies

You didn't see Burn After Reading?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just finished Channing Tatum's homoerotic sailor dance scene was amazing

I wish Swingin' Dingy was my tag

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dewgy posted:

fargo is one of the only movies i'll watch and then immediately just want to start it over

it's just SO GOOD and i pick up the accent for days afterwards

My SO always falls asleep on the couch during movies. Fargo was the only movie where I was annoyed.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
The OP likes to cum in animals sexually

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Caesar was weird, it was like the plot didn't build up and was pretty much what another goon said: a lot of really nice scenes arranged in some sort of order

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Dewgy posted:

fargo is one of the only movies i'll watch and then immediately just want to start it over

it's just SO GOOD and i pick up the accent for days afterwards

Mister Nygard there, ya know, when the police lady was talkin to him in the station see, she was tellin him the story about the guy who lost a glove on the train platform, ya know, he was baffled, see, he couldn't understand a situation where he'd give up somethin of his own sos maybe somebody else could have somethin instead of both of them gettin nothin. Altruism wasn't in his makeup ya know? Only then there when the cops were talkin to him in the car, see, the one cop tells him the riddle about the fox and the rabbit and the cabbage there and right away he picks up on it ya know? Cause a guy like that, see, he can always see the way clear to a ways for him to get everythin and everbody else gets nothin. There's no understandin some people ya know?

FogHelmut posted:

Fargo is a pretty good movie, but the TV show is absolute poo poo. I have no idea why it gets all the praise. If they would just come out and say that Billy Bob Thornton is a teleporting space god who uses mind control to turn everyone around him completely retarded, I might be able to finish the first season.

No he's literally The Devil see, only not in a literal kinda way, more of a figurative kinda way then ya know.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Fargo is a pretty good movie, but the TV show is absolute poo poo. I have no idea why it gets all the praise. If they would just come out and say that Billy Bob Thornton is a teleporting space god who uses mind control to turn everyone around him completely retarded, I might be able to finish the first season.

Almost all coen brothers movies introduce a question of whether or not a higher power is conspiring to control the plot, and it's almost always left ambiguous. Billy Bob in the show itself successfully convinces the store owner that he has offended God and is being biblically punished. A serious Man ends on a full-bore cliffhanger and your interpretation of the coincidence of events dictates how you perceive what ought to have happened.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

I could barely finish the first episode, people say the second season is better.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Inside Llewyn Davis was I think a really good movie but I really didn't get what I wanted out of it. Sort of the same with A Serious Man, I just kinda felt like poo poo after watching it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I want to watch ILD because I have a big crush on Oscar Issac, but I never seem to think of it when I'm home with nothing to do

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I had to stop it halfway through to Google if the cat was OK.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ScrubLeague posted:

Inside Llewyn Davis was I think a really good movie but I really didn't get what I wanted out of it. Sort of the same with A Serious Man, I just kinda felt like poo poo after watching it.

ScrubLeague posted:

I had to stop it halfway through to Google if the cat was OK.

are you me?

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Finally got around to watching No Country For Old Men, liked it. They did a great job on the villain. Anton Chugihr is very similar to Richard Iceman Kuklinski.

The way they talk, the weird things they talk about, a ruthless set of rules they follow. "Guy owed me money, was giving me the run around so I killed him".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjTYwZKuyBs

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Javier Bardem won an oscar for it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

And rightly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Hail Caesar is weird because, like IRL Hollywood, most of the poo poo that happens is completely irrelevant and the communist writers are complete fuckups. The movie is too meta for its own good.

• Locked thread