Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They made a bad movie.

Take all the songs out of Inside Llewyn Davis and the movie would be 30 minutes long.

John Goodman was the only watchable part of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Timely thread

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's not my favorite but it's okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwO-k-RqNA

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So about how many replies until someone shits on The Big Lebowski. Three?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Big Lebowski sucked rear end.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

lol just kidding.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm only vaguely interested in the new pirates of the Caribbean movie cause the bad guy in no country for old men is the bad guy in it and he's great.

Also he was in quantum of solace right ?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I'm only vaguely interested in the new pirates of the Caribbean movie cause the bad guy in no country for old men is the bad guy in it and he's great.

Also he was in quantum of solace right ?

If you watch the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie you're complicit in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie that comes after that

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

General Dog posted:

If you watch the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie you're complicit in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie that comes after that

That's not how it works, I can quit anytime I want. :catbert:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1. i actually really liked inside llewyn davis but thought a serious man covered very similar thematic ground but did it much better
2. lmao if you think that ILD is worse than ladykillers or intolerable cruelty

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
O Brother and No Country are the only good cohen bros movies

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i thought the one they did recently about the actors with george clooney was bad

i dont know what its called i didnt watch it

also who are the cohen brothers

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Oscar Isaac is overrated.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FuhrerHat posted:

i thought the one they did recently about the actors with george clooney was bad

i dont know what its called i didnt watch it

also who are the cohen brothers

Hail Caesar would've been a lot better if they'd cut the narrator and let the film tell its own drat story. It's not a complicated plot I don't need the help.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hail Caesar was worth it for the bit in the finale where george Clooney fucks up his line after a few minutes of straight monologue That poo poo has me cracking up like crazy

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Inside Llewlyn Davis was good dumbass, probably one of the Coen brother's best. GBS posters have such pedestrian tastes, it's no wonder me and the other boys in PHIZ love trawling through threads to scoff at all these shithead opinions

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They have like two good movies Miller's crossing and smth otherwise they are poo poo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Applewhite posted:

Describes literally every movie with John Goodman.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Blue Train posted:

They have like two good movies Miller's crossing and smth otherwise they are poo poo

O Brother Where Art Thou is pretty good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The only really good Coen Brothers movies are Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou, No Country For Old Man, and True Grit. Other than that they're just okay.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They're actually the Cohen Sisters now, OP.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like Fargo and Raising Arizona

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

]

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

General Dog posted:

The only really good Coen Brothers movies are Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou, No Country For Old Man, and True Grit. Other than that they're just okay.

Truly a disappointing legacy.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
burn after reading is one of their best but my friends go crosseyed

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

luv 2 date boys posted:

hail Caesar was worth it for the bit in the finale where george Clooney fucks up his line after a few minutes of straight monologue That poo poo has me cracking up like crazy

Would that it were so simple

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i thought it was good.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

i thought it was good.

ill do u

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Cohens stole PT Anderson's Oscars

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

RadioactiveKid posted:

O Brother and No Country are the only good cohen bros movies

I guess you've never heard of The Big Lebowski.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

cool

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
actually, llewyn davis is a very good film, though not as good as A Serious Man

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Applewhite posted:

They made a bad movie.

Take all the songs out of Inside Llewyn Davis and the movie would be 30 minutes long.

They made a bad movie years ago. Ladykillers was terrible

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was ladykillers the one where the two guys were trying to murder the old woman and steal her fortune?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was ladykillers the one where the two guys were trying to murder the old woman and steal her fortune?

They weren't trying to kill her they were just using her basement as a way to get into a vault

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

General Dog posted:

:agreed: though True Grit wasn't as good as it should have been. Hail Caeser was so-so. Burn After Reading had some really funny parts but I didn't like it as a whole.

The good thing about Coen Bro movies is at worst they're just ok to mediocre, never bad and usually good.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Moonrise Kingdom was good too.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Um they prefer to be called the Cohen siblings now you shitlord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

General Dog posted:

it is hard to pick which of these movies are my favorites and most people would say No Country, Fargo or Big Lebowski.

but for me it's O Brother, goddamn that's a great movie

• Locked thread