Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i would not want to be like this rescue dog we used to have, pepper: the gentlest creature i've ever met, but used to piss herself, was scared of shadows, and died of seizures. probably had brain damage from physical abuse. dumb as hell. sweetest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nomadologique posted:

i would not want to be like this rescue dog we used to have, pepper: the gentlest creature i've ever met, but used to piss herself, was scared of shadows, and died of seizures. probably had brain damage from physical abuse. dumb as hell. sweetest thing.

I remember as a kid this old lady on our block had this ancient old cat and one day our dog took a run at it and the cat was so scared it suffered a prolapse. I remember my mom saying how absurd it was being asked to pay to have this cat's butthole stuffed back in.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ra tehuti posted:

heres me with him

just lol nice shirt dork!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Toadvine posted:

I took a buzzfeed quiz that said if I was a dog I'd be a German Shepherd

surprise surprise :godwinning:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ra tehuti posted:

heres me with him

here's him in the truck

me with him again

:shittypop:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
The worst is with kids. I've seen this interaction about a hundred times in public with my brother and his cattle dogs:

"Hey those are weird looking dogs, my kid wants to pet them!"

"Sorry, they're both old ladies and they don't like children in their face."

"No, they'll like my kid, everyone loves my kid!"

The person then shoves the kid up to the dog and whips out their phone. Depending on which of the dogs is closest, the kid will either get bopped in the face with a paw by the bigger dog, or have the smaller one lean in, put her muzzle to the kid's ear, and let out a long, quiet growl that I swear reminds me of an MTI whispering a threat into your ear while you're screwing around in formation at boot camp.

Then the person yanks their kid away and says "Those dogs aren't friendly!"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dogs biting kids is pretty funny but it would be much better if the dogs didnt have to be put down after

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if your dog bites an idiot after due warning and is likely to get killed, just smash their phone and take your dog home imo. flash a gun at any witnesses

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

basic hitler posted:

if your dog bites an idiot after due warning and is likely to get killed, just smash their phone and take your dog home imo. flash a gun at any witnesses

just tell police you bit the kid and tge dog is innocent

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
As a fan of animals I think it's p dumb to get up in their space without asking the owners first but at the same time theres like bajillions of dogs available maybe don't have ones that are hostile at slight provocations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lets meet people half way and force people with bad dogs to make the dog wear a bright yellow "THIS DOG IS A DICKHEAD" signage around their necks, so when some dipshit shoves two year old brayjay in his face that the dog and owner are absolved of any liability

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

basic hitler posted:

Lets meet people half way and force people with bad dogs to make the dog wear a bright yellow "THIS DOG IS A DICKHEAD" signage around their necks, so when some dipshit shoves two year old brayjay in his face that the dog and owner are absolved of any liability

Someone actually found and gave my bro a pair of velcro patches that say "MEAN DOG" in big red letters as a joke but I'm not sure if he ever found tactical dog vests with morale patch holders.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

basic hitler posted:

versatile advice tyvm

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

1500quidporsche posted:

This is the dog in question

See, your dog is a cute dog and I AM A SPECIAL DOG-LOVER so it's worth the risk to verify that I have a knack for charming problem dogs because I am the exception!
- -
People who are still putting their hands to your dog after a verbal warning from you are probably dog people and as such they figure your dog is too small to draw blood.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I have a non-garbage dog so this isn't isn't a problem for me :shrug:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

basic hitler posted:

See I was wondering what line of work this guy has where it's okay to walk around in public with a dog that is known to bite people and this is all well and good. Gangster kingpin? Mob enforcer? If you're literally Crazy Eight from Breaking Bad, yeah, it just comes with the territory. But around here when your dog bites people you have to talk to the police and then Animal Control comes to your house and you have to go find some stray and tell them this is your dog that bit the person then they take that dog to the pound and gas it.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Girls like bad boys so if tell them your dog will support them emotionally and be nice and carrying they won't want anything to do with him.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

scuba school sucks posted:

See I was wondering what line of work this guy has where it's okay to walk around in public with a dog that is known to bite people and this is all well and good. Gangster kingpin? Mob enforcer? If you're literally Crazy Eight from Breaking Bad, yeah, it just comes with the territory. But around here when your dog bites people you have to talk to the police and then Animal Control comes to your house and you have to go find some stray and tell them this is your dog that bit the person then they take that dog to the pound and gas it.

I think it depends on the situation though. It's one thing if there's a dog lunging at everyone it passes, you might want to drive it out to the country for private walks. But some people, adults and children, don't know how to pet a dog. Growing up we had a bull terrier and people used to go to the other side of the street when they saw him, so it was never an issue, even though he was friendly as hell. But I babysat my brother's dogs while he was out of town once, and I had three different adults ask to to pet them and instead of petting them, they knelt down in front of the dog and pulled on their ears or tails. I don't know how you do that without thinking a dog is going to bite you.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

wuffles posted:

Also OP, you're responsible for your free dog so maybe sign up for some training to desensitize the dog or change the association of having a strangers hand in its face into something positive instead...by I dunno, having someone(s) he doesn't know offer him an amazing treat he never gets otherwise until he looks forward to it? Dogs are pretty simple man.

I hope you read this, op, because it seems like some fantastic advice.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life
gently caress all dogs imho.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

ra tehuti posted:

gently caress all dogs imho.

Now I'm confused I thought this guy was Gurf am I getting him mixed up with Morally Inept?

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
sorry I thought this was the bestiality thread.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

what type of dog is this? this dog looks like my kind of dog.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
he was everyone's type of dog.

boxer/shepherd/maybe part pit

named him Amos and loved him till I had to give him up.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
People are stupid with animals but also OP seems WT as gently caress right now. Why do you have a dog that just bites people all the time?

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
all dog owners are nerds.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ra tehuti posted:

seriously how can a dog be a dick I'm kind of upset?

*Runs into to the room, covered with sweat and a barely contained boner*

"Someone mention dog dicks?"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I remember when I was a kid of being bit by my dog (Greyhound) and in hindsight I deserved it 💯 of the time.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

The moral of the story is to get a Greyhound and not a Maremma because a Greyhound can not devour small children.

(Greyhounds are cool and good and need good homes) :)

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I'm failing to see how greyhounds are worse than pitbulls.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

ra tehuti posted:

I'm failing to see how greyhounds are worse than pitbulls.

Higher center of gravity = not good at wrestling

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Dreddout posted:

Higher center of gravity = not good at wrestling

This is false. Unless combining the pit with long legs cancels out the effect, because I've yet to see this dude lose a wrestling bout.

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

wuffles posted:

This is false. Unless combining the pit with long legs cancels out the effect, because I've yet to see this dude lose a wrestling bout.

Reported for dogfighting cuteness

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Here is a picture of my doggo right now...

Rate my dog.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

im drunk and will fist fight all pf these dogs right now

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I feel
I perceive
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine

PyPy posted:

Rate my dog.

cute/10

A misanthrope posted:

im drunk and will paw fight all pf these dogs right now

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

PyPy posted:

Rate my dog.

I give it a DogSCORE (TM) of eleventy trillion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

im sober now and im sorry i said i would fist fight all the dogs itt. pls tell the dogs i am sorry.

• Locked thread