Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cnut
May 3, 2016

Blue Train posted:

That's just the tryptophan. It's converted to estrogen when eaten, hence the slang name for turkey, tofurkey

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

I want an emotional support hyena. I'll pet it and feed it raw chunks of meat and teach it to do tricks, and I will name it Chuckles and it will be my best friend.

I can only recommend. Here's me and my buddy Rex. He really helps me cope when my boss starts busting my rear end.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A hyena would be great on a plane. No one would sit next to you and it can also kill thwart possible terrorist attacks

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

I can only recommend. Here's me and my buddy Rex. He really helps me cope when my boss starts busting my rear end.

That's a large hyena. I think. I really have no idea.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

That's a large hyena. I think. I really have no idea.

It looks like, from a quick Google, the spotted hyena can weigh up to 190 lbs. The females tend to be the big ones.

I think the striped hyenas are the ones we usually see documentaries on and striped hyenas only weigh up to 90lbs.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Of course. I feed Rex well so he's strong and can gently caress everyone up provide the needed emotional support.

Anyway, there's an article on bbc about this as well. I liked the last line:

quote:

But Delta has faced requests to carry "comfort turkeys", possums and snakes. And it says staff have faced biting, growling and barking animals, as well as urination and defecation.

Virgin Atlantic says that it only allows dogs to be carried as emotional support pets.

British Airways, meanwhile, says that it has had no increase in requests - because it doesn't allow passengers to bring any emotional support animals on board.
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-42951508

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

That's just the tryptophan. It's converted to estrogen when eaten, hence the slang name for turkey, tofurkey

Please change my soyboy av to turkey jerky

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
A timely article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.81a73273532d

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

as long as infants are allowed on airplanes nobody has any grounds to complain about any support animal on the plane

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

poverty goat posted:

as long as infants are allowed on airplanes nobody has any grounds to complain about pretty much any animal

Ban infants as well imo

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
This makes me want an ESA Bobbit worm

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

"I didn’t have any other options," says Belen Aldecosea, so she opted for a pretty awful one: She flushed her dwarf hamster down the toilet. The 21-year-old Florida woman says she was compelled to do so because of Spirit Airlines, which she says verified twice on the phone that she'd be able to bring Pebbles on her Nov. 21 flight from Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale. The Miami Herald reports that when she got to the airport, she says Spirit had changed its tune and wouldn't let the pet aboard. Aldecosea says she was stuck: Her nearest friends were hours away in Chambersburg, Penn., at Wilson College, a school she was leaving in order to have a painful but benign neck growth removed at home. The medical issue created a time crunch.

She says a Spirit rep had a suggestion: flush Pebbles. And so Aldecosea says she spent 10 minutes crying in the stall where she did the deed. She says she's considering suing Spirit over losing Pebbles, who she says was classified as an emotional support animal. 

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The hamster provided her with the emotional support she needed to actualize as a murderer.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Blue Train posted:

The noble turkey has an intelligence quotient on par with a dolphin (the smartest avian) and, frankly, makes dogs look like the literal drooling retards they are

I didn't know dolphins were so stupid cause turkeys are dumb as hell

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I just can’t believe that there was really no other option but to flush the hamster. That’s absurd!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Blue Train posted:

The medical issue created a time crunch.

She says a Spirit rep had a suggestion: flush Pebbles.

god drat that is stone cold lol

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

mobby_6kl posted:

Of course. I feed Rex well so he's strong and can gently caress everyone up provide the needed emotional support.

Anyway, there's an article on bbc about this as well. I liked the last line:

http://www.bbc.com/news/education-42951508

Im glad at least one airline is calling bullshit on these fakers. Go BA!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

veiled boner fuel posted:

It was probably 5 seats behind me so I never really saw what was going on, but I assume (hope) a seat had to be purchased for it.

I've been starting to wonder if the explosion of emotional support animals on flights is a scam to get the seat next to you for free. stretch out a little bit, not have to deal with someone next to you.

bring a little fat pot-bellied pig with you so you don't have to deal with a big fat pot-bellied person. :smuggo:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Klyith posted:

I've been starting to wonder if the explosion of emotional support animals on flights is a scam to get the seat next to you for free. stretch out a little bit, not have to deal with someone next to you.

bring a little fat pot-bellied pig with you so you don't have to deal with a big fat pot-bellied person. :smuggo:

And if the airlines won't let you on, you can always butcher the pig in the bathroom and have free bacon!

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

Blue Train posted:

"I didn’t have any other options," says Belen Aldecosea, so she opted for a pretty awful one: She flushed her dwarf hamster down the toilet. The 21-year-old Florida woman says she was compelled to do so because of Spirit Airlines, which she says verified twice on the phone that she'd be able to bring Pebbles on her Nov. 21 flight from Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale. The Miami Herald reports that when she got to the airport, she says Spirit had changed its tune and wouldn't let the pet aboard. Aldecosea says she was stuck: Her nearest friends were hours away in Chambersburg, Penn., at Wilson College, a school she was leaving in order to have a painful but benign neck growth removed at home. The medical issue created a time crunch.

She says a Spirit rep had a suggestion: flush Pebbles. And so Aldecosea says she spent 10 minutes crying in the stall where she did the deed. She says she's considering suing Spirit over losing Pebbles, who she says was classified as an emotional support animal. 

I have a hard time believing this account. My understanding is if the animal can fit in a carrier under the seat then it can fly. She murdered Pebbles of her own free will.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

I have a hard time believing this account. My understanding is if the animal can fit in a carrier under the seat then it can fly. She murdered Pebbles of her own free will.

Because she is dangerously, mentally ill. Bam.

Good thing she didn't have an infant on the flight that started crying and embarrassing her.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

This is what happens when government closes down all the insane asylums.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't give a poo poo tbh if people can bring annoying rear end screaming babies on planes there's not much worse anyone else can bring

Like what the turkey is gonna gobble once in a while who cares

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

nope, all pets in the cabin are totally up to the airline, with the exception of service animals. some planes don't let you take any pets in the cabin. I know southwest allows cats and dogs if they fit under the seat, but also only a limited number of animals per flight. and they add a surcharge. (I took transported my mom's very old cat by plane when she moved from NY to north carolina.)

and in the case of emotional support animals, the official FAA guidelines say they can or even should require "current documentation (i.e., not more than one year old) on letterhead from a mental health professional" that they need a support hamster.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
‘I rely on this animal for support so much I will murder it to avoid missing my flight/losing out on money’

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

Klyith posted:

nope, all pets in the cabin are totally up to the airline, with the exception of service animals. some planes don't let you take any pets in the cabin. I know southwest allows cats and dogs if they fit under the seat, but also only a limited number of animals per flight. and they add a surcharge. (I took transported my mom's very old cat by plane when she moved from NY to north carolina.)

and in the case of emotional support animals, the official FAA guidelines say they can or even should require "current documentation (i.e., not more than one year old) on letterhead from a mental health professional" that they need a support hamster.

Still, how hard is it to carry a hamster on board? Once you get through the TSA security checkpoint, no one gives a gently caress about your bags. They only care if it's obviously too big to fit under the seat or in the overhead bin. As long as it's not obviously barking, meowing or squeaking I d on think they'd give it a second glance. I still think she had other options than flushing her hamster, but chose the easy and inflammatory way out.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

literally me

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I couldn't fathom flushing a live, innocent animal down a toilet to catch a flight...much less an animal that's supposed to be 'medically important' to me.

gently caress, that poor rodent

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Press F to pay respects to Pebbles

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I hope she got dinged for animal cruelty, this is some serial killer poo poo.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I'd bring a little lizard on the plane. I like lizards and snakes a lot, they help me remain calm in the face of almost certain death.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i bring a little snake everywhere i go

a trouser snake :grin:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Klyith posted:

Most od the time, the ones with the animals are the pot bellied people

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

i bring a little snake everywhere i go

a trouser snake :grin:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

Still, how hard is it to carry a hamster on board? Once you get through the TSA security checkpoint, no one gives a gently caress about your bags. They only care if it's obviously too big to fit under the seat or in the overhead bin. As long as it's not obviously barking, meowing or squeaking I d on think they'd give it a second glance. I still think she had other options than flushing her hamster, but chose the easy and inflammatory way out.

She wants hush money

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

She wants hush money

Bit late for that.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Sinteres posted:

Bit late for that.

No, flush money.

And why couldn't they sell her a little box? Let her put it in her purse? Have her get a poo poo purse from the overpriced giftshop?

And finally, why didn't it screw up the plumbing & toilet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Seems like it would have been easy enough to hide in your bag and claim you gave it to a random airport child but what do I know.

• Locked thread