Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Solutions?
Hit the computer with a hammer
Install Ubuntu GNU/Linux the free operating system from norway
Waluigi
Get out and look at titties op
View Results

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

drat I would be all over that if it wasn't the Genesis version.

Is there some version of MK Trilogy I should know about? The PS1 and Saturn ones have horrendous load times (Shang Tsung morphing locks the game up for 7 seconds :stare: ) and the N64 one sounds like hot farts. Why hasn't anyone hacked MK Trilogy into the UMK3 arcade ROM? Why not done?

What is the version of MKT you like?

I play the Playstation version in an emulator which pretty much eliminates load times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Last Chance posted:

I play the Playstation version in an emulator which pretty much eliminates load times.

This is untrue unfortunately. The load times are "hard programmed" into the game. It's the same reason the PS3 and Vita PS1 ports of Final Fantasy VI still have poo poo load times

check out the loading at 1:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD_acQ3B37g

it's an emulator and didn't make a difference

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

drat I would be all over that if it wasn't the Genesis version.

Is there some version of MK Trilogy I should know about? The PS1 and Saturn ones have horrendous load times (Shang Tsung morphing locks the game up for 7 seconds :stare: ) and the N64 one sounds like hot farts. Why hasn't anyone hacked MK Trilogy into the UMK3 arcade ROM? Why not done?

What is the version of MKT you like?

there is a PC version that is a port of the playstation version with added features and no load times. but of course if you are going PC you can play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOPNWSumFPw

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Last Chance posted:

Sounds like a load....of bullshit

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

there is a PC version that is a port of the playstation version with added features and no load times. but of course if you are going PC you can play

Are you talking about the genuine PC release from like 1998 that doesn't work on anything past Windows XP? Or is there some custom/hacked version of the PS1 game where people took the load times out?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This is untrue unfortunately. The load times are "hard programmed" into the game. It's the same reason the PS3 and Vita PS1 ports of Final Fantasy VI still have poo poo load times

check out the loading at 1:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD_acQ3B37g

it's an emulator and didn't make a difference

youre right. I just fired up my emulator and MKT and it was as you described and linked to. I guess I don't mind the load times too much

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Are you talking about the genuine PC release from like 1998 that doesn't work on anything past Windows XP? Or is there some custom/hacked version of the PS1 game where people took the load times out?

there are versions of the PC Mortal Kombot Trilogy that have been modified to work on newer OS. i can't link you to it because its :filez: but i assume you know how to use google search

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
To people looking to use LTSB, keep in mind that Microsoft is slowly gutting it of common compatible applications, and you won't be able to run the newest version of Office at all.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

To people looking to use LTSB, keep in mind that Microsoft is slowly gutting it of common compatible applications, and you won't be able to run the newest version of Office at all.

i use Open Office anyway. why would i pay for a word processor lol gently caress off microsoft

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Do you know what if anything besides the latest Office?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

there are versions of the PC Mortal Kombot Trilogy that have been modified to work on newer OS. i can't link you to it because its :filez: but i assume you know how to use google search

I tried it a few months ago. It took like 4 hours of fuckery to get it working and when I finally did, it didn't have sound (even with mounting the disc to the D:). Not to mention it looked like poo poo on my MAME cabinet for some reason (is it some weird aspect ratio or something?)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

link? I'm googling around for this and see that they whined about it on the Surface because of it not getting "critical feature updates" (lmao) but nothing about office

e. I mean okay the feature updates they mean include pen support stuff, so it's slightly more valid with the Surface, but lmao critical features none the less

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rutibex posted:

i use Open Office anyway. why would i pay for a word processor lol gently caress off microsoft

a lot of ppl need normal office for work.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

a lot of ppl need normal office for work.

thats what the "export as PDF" button is for. everyone can open a PDF. you can export as word files too, excel/powerpoint whatever. paying microsoft is not necessary at all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rutibex posted:

thats what the "export as PDF" button is for. everyone can open a PDF. you can export as word files too, excel/powerpoint whatever. paying microsoft is not necessary at all

ur pretty clueless on this topic my man

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Rutibex posted:

almost everytime my mom has a word doc with hosed up formatting and margins, it's cause one of her case managers are sending her files saved in open office. i don't like when ma's margins get hosed up so please use MS office.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

scott zoloft posted:

almost everytime my mom has a word doc with hosed up formatting and margins, it's cause one of her case managers are sending her files saved in open office. i don't like when ma's margins get hosed up so please use MS office.

instead why dont you use open office, then i could send you a nice .odt file

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Rutibex posted:

MA DONT KNOW WHAT THAT IS AND SHE SHOULDNT loving HAVE TO

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Rutibex posted:

Do you actually have a job lol

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
every resume you submit using open office is a resume being deleted cause your margins are hosed

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
their applicant managenent system probably tries to load it into their browser only to display "retard"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the margins look fine if you export as a PDF. its perfectly fine, who can't open a PDF?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i'm sorry you just made me so mad for a moment.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rutibex posted:

itt a man confesses to have never worked on creative collaboratively, used track changes, etc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
listen homie, i am with you. i use fedora linux, libre office, gimp, inkscape, the whole works. but in most offices u have got to use the office suite. all their poo poo is integrated, and, alas, best in class.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i cannot get Windows 10 v 1709 to install. been trying since like november. when the pc reboots it crashes, boots back into windows and just says it failed to install

oh well!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Smythe posted:

listen homie, i am with you. i use fedora linux, libre office, gimp, inkscape, the whole works.

Legendary self own

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Legendary self own

ye

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Rutibex posted:

Except that pdfs dont natively embed fonts

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

itt a man confesses to have never worked on creative collaboratively, used track changes, etc

oh for that we use google docs

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Computers were a mistake, typewriters did the job perfectly well already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJITkKaO0qA

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
just lmao if you use anything but notepad and mspaint

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

The last update killed my desktop in a way that seems irreversible. It freezes if I do anything more intensive than play a movie. Pausing the movie or fiddling with the settings is also too much for it to handle.

This happened to me too and I had to update the firmware on my SSD to fix it

it still freezes sometimes but not like, every time I have a game and chrome running at the same time anymore (why do i even have 16gb of ram lol gently caress you bill gates!!!)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rutibex posted:

oh for that we use google docs

im a big fan, but my bookkeeper, copy editor, artistic director, and development director aren't. this is the story at 90% of offices.

in my dream world, all the tarded executives use thin clients and do all their poo poo in the clod, creatives and contractors can do whatever i don't care, but we don't live in that world. we live in a world where hard the disc installed office client somehow reigns supreme.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

on top of the reasons already mentioned for not using open office, it hasn't received any updates since 2011 and is probably full of gaping security holes by now

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:ohdear:
hackers are going to change my powerpoint and make all of my slides look unprofessional!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

umm yeah or execute arbitrary code and keylog your poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

umm yeah or execute arbitrary code and keylog your poo poo

microsoft already does that to me, thats what this entire thread is about

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo