Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/willcain/status/1276532787739320322?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol @ the Stugotz dumbbell rant

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If anyone didn't see this I highly recommend it

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/status/1276549532155813888

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god that owns so hard.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Im with Stugotz, was certain that Lebatard was on the bachelor list in the year Sammy Sosa

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mina shouting “I LOVE WINNING” needs to be isolated.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Tomorrow all the racist rear end Boston sports media people are gonna have to walk back their criticisms of Cam Newton and it's gonna be funny as gently caress. Weei should just go off the air for a week.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

BUG JUG posted:

Tomorrow all the racist rear end Boston sports media people are gonna have to walk back their criticisms of Cam Newton and it's gonna be funny as gently caress. Weei should just go off the air for a week.

Patriots Lose: Cam's a lazy, stupid [insert hot new dogwhistle phrase]
Patriots Win: Bellichek's such a genius that he can even make Cam useful

They'll be fine, sadly.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

loved the local hour discussion with dan and mike about certain current topics

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I really miss Dan on the local hour

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I hope to god Stugotz gets to go to Fight Island

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

I hope to god Stugotz gets to go to Fight Island

the look on his face when he realizes there are no Lacrossemitzvahs in Dubai

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1280277253411221510

why cut an hour of dan

especially now

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah let's cut an hour of our most popular show to give max and greenberg more airtime

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and they just made it official

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1280562444977541120

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what the hell is wrong with ESPN

why do they hate their highly rated show that has a diverse cast/guest lineup and takes all the correct stances on social issues?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's only an hour. 3 hours is a long time to fill and I think we'll get a better, leaner show out of it. It'll be fine.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ehud posted:

what the hell is wrong with ESPN

why do they hate their highly rated show that has a diverse cast/guest lineup and takes all the correct stances on social issues?

because none of them either played in the NFL or WNBA, or sit in the same studio as Stephen A. Smith for four hours every morning

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RBX posted:

It's only an hour. 3 hours is a long time to fill and I think we'll get a better, leaner show out of it. It'll be fine.

I never finish my LeBatard podcast and think to myself, "I wish I had less of this"

also, don't overlook the part where the ESPN execs are considering removing the show completely

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

takes all the correct stances on social issues?

Maybe it's changed in the last few weeks but I've always been under the impression taking any stance on social issues is a liability at ESPN. I think it was last week either mike or Dan said something about the numbers consistently say that listeners don't want social commentary, they just want the circus clowns.

But my god more Mike Greenberg is just what I needed in my life

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 7, 2020

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so why the hell did espn just announce a collaboration with kaep

i do get some of the changes, 1-3 hasn't had a consistent host since stephen a left, will cain just left espn and i heard a lot about how golic and wingo were bombing (plus wingo's contract is up soon)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This loving sucks worse than sports getting canceled

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ehud posted:

I never finish my LeBatard podcast and think to myself, "I wish I had less of this"

also, don't overlook the part where the ESPN execs are considering removing the show completely

I mean none of us want them to take an hour off but if any show will be fine it would be this one.

The other stuff is just rumor fear mongering.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I miss the SVP and Russilo days

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

This loving sucks worse than sports getting canceled

This is the best part, there won't be sports for another who knows how long so let's cut an hour from the one show that can actually get by without sports topics.

Vertical Lime posted:

so why the hell did espn just announce a collaboration with kaep

i do get some of the changes, 1-3 hasn't had a consistent host since stephen a left, will cain just left espn and i heard a lot about how golic and wingo were bombing (plus wingo's contract is up soon)

Dunno, I just remember they fired Schilling(?) not because he was a maga but because he couldn't stop giving his maga takes on air. It might be something as simple as the new President doesn't like Dan or Dan/Stu/whoever don't want to do a 3 hour show anymore or who the hell knows.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I agree it's a terrible choice. I can only assume people who prefer Greenberg are the same people who watch commercials for fun. Hopefully they keep it on as a 3+local hour podcast with only 2 airing nationally. Just seems tone deaf to replace a show that is an exemplar of diversity and difference and replacing it with two hours of "does x have what it takes to win the big one this year "

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

RBX posted:

That's how I feel, especially if it's going to be a number of months before they can be together in the studio again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BWV posted:

I agree it's a terrible choice. I can only assume people who prefer Greenberg are the same people who watch commercials for fun. Hopefully they keep it on as a 3+local hour podcast with only 2 airing nationally. Just seems tone deaf to replace a show that is an exemplar of diversity and difference and replacing it with two hours of "does x have what it takes to win the big one this year "

I would be down for Dan and Stu back on the local hour and that’s our 3 hours.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

I would be down for Dan and Stu back on the local hour and that’s our 3 hours.

They won't do that. Dan is really trying to let the shipping container do their own thing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm fine if and only if it means the ad breaks are half the loving length they are now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

iospace posted:

I'm fine if and only if it means the ad breaks are half the loving length they are now.

LOL

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

a neat cape posted:

I miss the SVP and Russilo days

Russillo outed himself as a chud “for tax purposes” so he can gently caress off.

Also Bomani got a multi year extension. He remains the single best personality in sports media.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lebatard_reddit/status/1280874753482424322?s=21

So ESPN is trying to build out its podcast business

Best possible outcome really

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yeah, today's mystery crate is dan and mike explaining what's going on

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah, today's mystery crate is dan and mike explaining what's going on

Gave it a listen and it seems like they’re not only pivoting to digital, but giving the LeBatard AF network more resources to do so.

Which is actually a shockingly good idea.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I already know that lack of self-awareness is the answer here but why can't Stugotz get an agent or someone else to manage negotiations? Also, why is he allowed to handle negotiations on anyone else's behalf knowing that he's so poo poo at this? We have at least two occasions (deep-sixing the Local Hour, winding up with a lower salary) where he and/or others wind up worse off whenever he tries to swing his dick around.

This shouldn't make me mad but I loved the Local Hour.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

harperdc posted:

Gave it a listen and it seems like they’re not only pivoting to digital, but giving the LeBatard AF network more resources to do so.

Which is actually a shockingly good idea.

Dan sounded pretty skeptical that ESPN will actually follow through.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ehud posted:

Dan sounded pretty skeptical that ESPN will actually follow through.

It sounded more like baseline Dan nerves though. And more nervous that Stugotz will join the show as John in Florida on a Carphone.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1281348617450606592?s=20
please be Stugotz please be Stugotz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lombardo call backs are always welcome. Hope they get him back on so he can bury them for dinner.

e: Just listened to the Masvidal interview from yesterday and they probably shouldn't have opened that door if they weren't going to provide more context/information. I hope they dont get too bogged down in it but giving him a platform to spew alt-right talking points with no push back is not ideal.

BWV fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 15, 2020