Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

pathetic little tramp posted:

Ah poo poo I forgot to cancel my sell order and sold my Starbucks question shares at 45 a piece! Now I don't have any skin in the game other than "Kasich will be ignored"

Kasich is gettin' pretty wordy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Necc0 posted:

Kasich is gettin' pretty wordy lol

Haha yep, he's demanding a whole lot of extra talking time and Jeb ain't stoppin him. Maybe I should sell just before it closes and lose 6 cents a share.

edit: I thought they closed the talks the most market at the beginning of the debate, poo poo if I'd know it stays open I'd have made some flips.

pathetic little tramp has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Nov 11, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah Kasich got shut down and Starbucks is nowhere to be seen.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Linking has made YES way cheaper. If you add up all the yesses for the FNB debate for who gets the most talking time, it only adds up to 75

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Kasich got a lot of time there. :ohdear:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Some online polls are starting to trickle in showing Carson down a bit, but he's been pretty quiet at the debate tonight. I'm feeling a bit better about my Carson.NO poll bets.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

I really want to dump all my shares and put the money into buying yes on the Starbucks question, but I'm not going to because I know it's a dumb idea.

Posting this so I can publicly kick myself later for not taking the opportunity when I could.

Hooray, I managed to learn my lesson after the last time I dumped all my money into one market.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wooo!

11/10/2015 11:26 PM Closed FBNDEBATE.STARBUCKS 329 $1.00 $153.10 ($15.310) $313.690

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
hell yeah cruz

Cruz: 13:35
Kasich: 11:51
Trump: 11:19
FIorina: 11:00
Rubio: 10:20
Paul: 10:06
Bush: 9:50
Carson: 9:22

Given they were aiming to give everyone equal time, I had thought the strategy up front was just to buy everyone priced less than $0.125...

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Linking has made YES way cheaper. If you add up all the yesses for the FNB debate for who gets the most talking time, it only adds up to 75

But wow, this was the strategy

edit: according to Politico: http://www.politico.com/blogs/live-from-milwaukee/2015/11/who-got-the-most-time-215732

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
Whooooops. Shouldn't have bet on StarbucksYes.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Whooooops. Shouldn't have bet on StarbucksYes.

For what it's worth, I was surprised too. It would've been a stupid as hell question, and it's not often you lose money by underestimating the political discourse in this country.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I bought Starbucks Yes and flipped it for 10 bucks.

And then that fucker Ted Cruz went and loving talked the most. Fuuuuuuck, that all but zeroed out my bet.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

A huge part of me is relieved Kasich didn't speak the most. That was a real nail biter. I way overpaid for my 45 NO shares. But another huge part of me is kicking myself for selling the 100 Cruz at 6. I bought 110 of them at 4 and he didn't talk a lot in the first half, but gently caress. I didn't see that one coming.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

3 minutes 24 seconds of speaking time in one segment. That's insane nowadays.

I'm all tied up in Rubio NO and Cruz NO for the nomination and so I can't daytrade but drat if I'm not nervous about my long-term position now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aliquid posted:

3 minutes 24 seconds of speaking time in one segment. That's insane nowadays.

I'm all tied up in Rubio NO and Cruz NO for the nomination and so I can't daytrade but drat if I'm not nervous about my long-term position now.

I've been tempted to buy Rubio No for the nom because his Yes is clearly overweight, but I'm afraid it's just going to keep going up for the foreseeable future.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Overnight returns show debate viewership of just 13.5 million. Good thing I sold all of my 15m+ shares!

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
I've got entirely too much money wrapped up in LAGOV, but news keeps looking better and better for JBE, and prices keep staying the same...

http://winwithjmc.com/archives/6863

quote:

(1) Consistently higher turnout – For each of the three days of early voting, it has been consistently been higher than it was in the primary. Cumulatively, you’re talking about a 35% increase in early voting turnout (119,381 versus 88,184 in the primary);

(2) More Democratic – The racial composition of the early voters after three days was 69-29% white/black – after three days in the primary, it was 72-26% white/black. To put these numbers in proper perspective, the Louisiana electorate as of 11/1/2015 was 66-31% white/black.

To further illustrate the Democratic tilt of early voting, let’s look at the raw numbers: after three days, white turnout is up 30% relative to the primary, while 47% more blacks have voted, and 55% more Asians/Hispanics have. From a partisan perspective, this is additional confirmation that Democrats are more energized: 37% more Democrats (vs 34% of Republicans and 32% of Independents) have early voted. And the early vote thus far is 52-35% Democrat/Republican, while it was 51-35% in the primary.

It seems like we should assume 100% of "independents" or "undecideds" will vote R, given what's happened in other recent state-level elections with high Independent numbers. But as long as JBE holds 48-50+% in the polls (which, to be clear, is not what the quote says, but has been true in all of the recent polls), this looks like a close but near certain win. High D and black voter turnout is only helping.

Setting myself up for a big disappointment if JBE's support breaks the other way, but it seems like he performed well in yesterday's debate

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

thethreeman posted:

I've got entirely too much money wrapped up in LAGOV, but news keeps looking better and better for JBE, and prices keep staying the same.

Setting myself up for a big disappointment if JBE's support breaks the other way, but it seems like he performed well in yesterday's debate

I'm in way too much on JBE myself, but I've been mostly able to unwind my ill-fated arbitrage position from a few days ago, and at a small gain. If JBE yes (R No, technically) slides up into the 75-80 range, then I'll close out some more of my position and be sitting pretty.

I'll still hold some R No all the way to the end, but I'd rather it be like 1/4 of my current position.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i hav 25 39c r yes because im dumb :saddowns:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I don't use PredictIt, but I'd bet that O'Malley gets the biggest post debate bump in the new markets for the Democratic debate, sheerly by the fact that he has way more room to bite into the "don't know/undecided" folks, while Hillary and Sanders aren't likely to move much.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

I don't use PredictIt, but I'd bet that O'Malley gets the biggest post debate bump in the new markets for the Democratic debate, sheerly by the fact that he has way more room to bite into the "don't know/undecided" folks, while Hillary and Sanders aren't likely to move much.

Would be nice if he hadn't just posted a pre-debate 5. But if one assumes that this is his "new normal" then it might be a good bet.

It's a complete crapshoot, really.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah outliers really make any market that relies on polls a good deal more painful.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

you have tons of posts in this thread talking about your bets

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Aliquid posted:

He doesn't use PredictIt, he uses MediaPredict

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Aliquid posted:

I use different sites.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

The Democratic race is so stable compared to the Republicans that is is actually more of a gamble. With the Republicans, its a better than even bet that either Trump or Carson will lose, Carson has a 29 poll that is an outlier that will likely drop. But the Dems, one weird poll will throw it off. Case in point, Chafee losing, which should have been mathematically impossible.

Speaking of polls, Edwards leads Vitter by 22 points. I'm in way too heavy so I will probably sell some depending on how big of the bump, but this looks good.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/2015/11/12/uno-poll-edwards-leads-vitter-in-runoff-by-22-points/75650382/

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

I use different sites.

Milk Malk posted:

He doesn't use PredictIt, he uses MediaPredict

my bad. in other news, I'm buying Rubio NO at .49, which has to be inflated.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

This market is hilariously imbalanced, too. The top threefour choices alone add up to 100% :allears:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Aliquid posted:

my bad. in other news, I'm buying Rubio NO at .49, which has to be inflated.

If they're pushing linked contracts to existing markets already then the primary markets are not far off. Good idea.

edit: The just sent out an email

quote:

Dear Trader,

As you know, PredictIt is in the process of introducing Linked Contract Pricing to multiple-contract markets. Linked pricing lowers the amount we are required to debit from your account when you hold multiple contracts in the same market. For more information on this change, please visit How It Works.

In addition to introducing Linked Contract Pricing to new markets, we are starting the process of converting existing markets. The first such conversion will take place November 18 for the market asking:

Who will be the next justice to leave the Supreme Court?

We will let you know of future market conversions by email at least 72 hours in advance.

Regards,

The PredictIt Team

IT BEGINS :unsmigghh:

Necc0 has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Nov 12, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I too am betting for Sperm Count Out

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd play Supreme Court Death Pool, but there's no end date so you're waiting until one of them actually quits, which is even less predictable than the who'll drop out next markets.

Still, probably a good idea to get in on them before they're linked or the masses up the prices. Then sell.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I just bought a ton of NOs for cheap in the supreme court market

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Just remember The Notorious RBG is almost certainly next via retirement.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh really?

*Concocts potion, puts voodoo doll of Justice Breyer next to gavel made of bones*

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If we're using dark magics to encourage justices to vacate their seat, please invoke the spirits responsibly so that the court flips to a more reasonable tone.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Gyges posted:

Just remember The Notorious RBG is almost certainly next via retirement.

You should be more optimistic! Theoretically Scalia could have a heart attack tomorrow!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Check out the recent exchange between Stupak and a "bleck" character:

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/438/Will-Marco-Rubio-win-the-2016-Republican-presidential-nomination#data

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wow, Rubio No at 48c.

Corrupt Politician
Aug 8, 2007

I should start choosing which markets to bet on by how dumb the comments are. Ideological flame wars = there's money to be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
To me, the Rubio NO's are way too optimistic. He's the likeliest candidate, sure, but 50%? Nah

I have like $2k in various Republican Nom No's at this point :kiddo:

• Locked thread