Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
It's gotta be some stainless steel alloy or something.

It's this lil' guy right here: https://www.charbroil.com/patio-bistro-gas-grill#expanded_specs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
eh that poo poo just says to not use it to the point of it disintegrating and poo poo, on that one thats a steel wool thing on a handle. i just use the pads and not to excess. Then I hose it the gently caress down with a garden hose and oil it again.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Wire welding brush.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If it's stainless steel then it's a different, you can't just beat on that thing like an old drum.

If it's rusting that badly, changes are it got too hot and hosed up the chromium in the steel. It does something with carbon and basically you permanently lose the rust inhibitor quality of it and can never get it back.

Well, actually that does make it easy because it's kind of hosed so do whatever you want to it.

Any kind of "derusting" of stainless steel I've ever done has been very, very mild from contact with other metals, and you can find a chemical compound to suit your needs. If it's pitted deep though, just get at it with whatever you got.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I've used CLP on my grill before, oorah

gawddamn thats some motivating trash right there

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
maybe we're all trash, and this world is just a big burn pit

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JZftb9WWo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Unrelated to grillchat:

For you Android folks, if you currently have Cyanogenmod on your phone, you probably already heard that it's been discontinued. LineageOS picks up right where the CM devs left off and is essentially the same operating system. For the immediate future, they are also providing a way to migrate from CM to Lineage without having to wipe your phone. Unlike a lot of other "dirty" installs, this actually works, so get it while they're still putting out the migration-only builds.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71o3hq6iSPM

p. good true stuff here imo

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

You'll get that guy soon. :dadjoke:

edit: I do agree with him though.

SwampDonkey fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 5, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CBS sunday morning. Daddest news magazine show.

I don't give a poo poo about football, but their newspieces today still showed a few humans behind the helmets worth believing in.

I just wish Charles Osgood was still hosting, but the man is a literal CBS antiquity and deserves his retirement.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Anyone else been out for ten + years and missing it?

lol gently caress no who am I kidding

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Approaching 5, and it really doesn't seem like it's been that long.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

trip report: very good. super happy to see michael keaton made his comeback, he was gone too long after the batman bullshit

Probably beaten, but you should watch Birdman.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 5, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

3Romeo posted:

Anyone else been out for ten + years and missing it?

lol gently caress no who am I kidding

I've been out for almost ten and a half. Every time I start to miss it, I remember that it's my stupid brain trying to put on rose colored goggles and that 90% of it was horrible poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Same.

Got out Nov 06.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
4 years in May. Feels good.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
What is there to even miss?

:airquote: the people? :airquote:?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

12 years May 31st.

I sometimes miss the chill times and shenanigans from the last 6 months after I wrecked my knee and medical eligibility saved me from being a noble for the next 12 years.

The poo poo you'd get away with because you gave no fucks, everyone knew you have no fucks, and you were untouchable because the battalion/garrison commander liked you and was cool with you giving no fucks. :unsmith:

On my very last day, my car was basically rolling 6 inches deeper due to all the misappropriated gear I was hauling out or had gifted from other companies. I was supposed to have turned in everything including my last set of fatigues, but went around post saying my goodbyes in full (adequately deficient) uniform. On the way to the gate, the battalion commander was waiting for me outside the front of his building.

:mil101: "Last day huh, Funlop?"
:downs: "Sir."
:mil101: "Ready for reality, huh?"
:downs: "Jawohl, Herr Oberstleutnant."
:mil101: *leans over, eyeballs my rear seats stacked to the roof with gear*: "Properly turned everything in and signed out?"
:downs: "Of course, Herr Oberstleutnant."
:mil101: "Excellent!"

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 5, 2017

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I only miss not choosing literally any job other than combat arms

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I miss chilling out on deployment with no cares in the world but the immediate mission and pimping my hard drive out. The Army, I don't miss at all.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

lite_sleepr posted:

And flying.

Edit: And getting paid to spend 2-3 weeks in Vegas 3x a year.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
oh yeah so Passengers?

It's not awful, which would've been interesting. No the problem with that movie (well one of a lot) is that it's not a sci-fi story at all, and what Passengers is is loving boring. Nothing interesting is ever looked at deeply beyond the peril of being awake on an ark ship knowing full well you're going to die on it. And even that is glossed over.

The movie shows some brief spark when Jennifer Lawrence is told straight up after a whole scene of "Don't tell her!" about the truth. There's a few scenes of maybe maybe maybe toying with the idea that yes what Chris Pratt did was horrifying and loving creepy but then that is all quickly handwaved away.

Don't watch this expecting anything but a boring rear end movie that takes zero chances to thrill or entertain. Moms will love it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

lite_sleepr posted:

I know we all like to poo poo on the military because honestly it sucked and was retarded.....but the poo poo deployments I had, the guys I deployed with were the best people I've ever met and I miss them more than I can even describe. Combat makes you close, and losing friends just makes it grow even more. I got to see three of my close friends last summer for one buddy's wedding. I can't even describe to you how loving happy I was to see them again. I feel that way about practically my entire company that I deployed with. With the exception of my old platoon sergeant. He no joke deserves to loving die. He should have loving died. But....that's what I miss, the guys that I'm closer to than anyone else. I kind of miss some parts of the military in general, but I know my time has passed and there's too much bullshit to outweigh the few good things. It's the memories and the people that I miss, not the army. It's a big part of my depression , anxiety, anger and PTSD. All I want to do is hang out with my war buddies and drink some beer and shoot some guns and bullshit together and tell war stories and then when we're pretty hammered and open up we can let out all that pain and sadness to each other, because we trust each other more than anyone. That poo poo builds up inside, and I don't feel like anyone but them really understands what it feels like.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It was impossible for them to fly by Arcturus in the timeline they were describing. Totally took me out of the movie.
:goonsay:

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

holocaust bloopers posted:

oh yeah so Passengers?

It's not awful, which would've been interesting. No the problem with that movie (well one of a lot) is that it's not a sci-fi story at all, and what Passengers is is loving boring. Nothing interesting is ever looked at deeply beyond the peril of being awake on an ark ship knowing full well you're going to die on it. And even that is glossed over.

The movie shows some brief spark when Jennifer Lawrence is told straight up after a whole scene of "Don't tell her!" about the truth. There's a few scenes of maybe maybe maybe toying with the idea that yes what Chris Pratt did was horrifying and loving creepy but then that is all quickly handwaved away.

Don't watch this expecting anything but a boring rear end movie that takes zero chances to thrill or entertain. Moms will love it.

yeah it was just a romance movie. kind of groundhog day in the beginning. he essentially murdered her and she was totally fine with that within a few days.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It was impossible for them to fly by Arcturus in the timeline they were describing. Totally took me out of the movie.
:goonsay:

it bothered me that no private company would fund a venture like that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mike-o posted:

I know we all like to poo poo on the military because honestly it sucked and was retarded.....but the poo poo deployments I had, the guys I deployed with were the best people I've ever met and I miss them more than I can even describe. Combat makes you close, and losing friends just makes it grow even more. I got to see three of my close friends last summer for one buddy's wedding. I can't even describe to you how loving happy I was to see them again. I feel that way about practically my entire company that I deployed with. With the exception of my old platoon sergeant. He no joke deserves to loving die. He should have loving died. But....that's what I miss, the guys that I'm closer to than anyone else. I kind of miss some parts of the military in general, but I know my time has passed and there's too much bullshit to outweigh the few good things. It's the memories and the people that I miss, not the army. It's a big part of my depression , anxiety, anger and PTSD. All I want to do is hang out with my war buddies and drink some beer and shoot some guns and bullshit together and tell war stories and then when we're pretty hammered and open up we can let out all that pain and sadness to each other, because we trust each other more than anyone. That poo poo builds up inside, and I don't feel like anyone but them really understands what it feels like.
:agreed:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

yeah it was just a romance movie. kind of groundhog day in the beginning. he essentially murdered her and she was totally fine with that within a few days.

All because of a old video of her friend egging her on to take more chances with love!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mike-o posted:

It sounds really loving hokey but time makes it better. I was a complete loving wreck of a person emotionally for two+ years after I got out, and didn't really "recover" to the point of being a mostly functional person until the last few years. I'm glad that I worked with vets at the school for four and a half years, because essentially that was my emotional decompression chamber that kinda equalized things over time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The only vets I talk to, or people about the military, are you guys save for one or two others.

I like poo poo like the dfac thread or the funny play along jokes. That shared experience we all have is a helluva bond.

Also if I ever told anyone the tampon story who wasn't a poster here I'd be gawked at as to why that was so funny.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I talk to maybe three people from the military. Most people I served with were grade-A morons.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I am currently watching guys from our sister company, who we fought alongside in Wardak, tear each other apart Lord Of The Flies-style on facebook in response to someone sharing a "Islam is a peaceful religion" protest pic. It's really bad. It's on facebook, but still. These dudes were losing limbs next to each other 8 years ago and now they're cutting off all contact and calling each other traitors.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

I am currently watching guys from our sister company, who we fought alongside in Wardak, tear each other apart Lord Of The Flies-style on facebook in response to someone sharing a "Islam is a peaceful religion" protest pic. It's really bad. It's on facebook, but still. These dudes were losing limbs next to each other 8 years ago and now they're cutting off all contact and calling each other traitors.

This is reason #356736 I don't have facebook or any other social media.

Want to make someone you've known for years question you? Mention you're dating an Arab.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm just a lovely reservist but we are all about the same age.
I'm glad I didn't join in a fit of patriotism in 2001 but i really feel for you guys and all the combat vets I worked with.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Vasudus posted:

Want to make someone you've known for years question you? Mention you're dating an Arab.

Headscarves in Tinder profile pics are my poo poo.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Honestly it kind of sucks being a combat arms guy in a BDE that will likely never deploy, or at least not while I'm here. I get it that it's dumb to feel that way and that I could die or come back maimed or psychologically hosed up but still.

Out of my 5 OCS buddies that I went through BOLC and ARC with, I'm the only one that isn't either currently deployed or getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan.

But at least living out here in Washington is pretty sweet

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Still up for a brewery beer tasting?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

Agreed. Also, I never miss the army, but I sure as hell miss the infantry sometimes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't miss the Army and I don't miss the infantry as much as I miss my first platoon at Campbell.

There were like 20 of us that all came up in the army together that all got to the unit out of basic training within a few months of each other right before we deployed.

After deployment everyone started ETS/PCSing or getting chaptered for drugs and that killed morale pretty quick for a lot of people.

I thoroughly enjoyed being a team leader until the stupid army bullshit started catching up to me. Like how watching out for my dudes was a sure fire way to get myself in trouble in some situations.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

I don't miss the Army and I don't miss the infantry as much as I miss my first platoon at Campbell.

There were like 20 of us that all came up in the army together that all got to the unit out of basic training within a few months of each other right before we deployed.

After deployment everyone started ETS/PCSing or getting chaptered for drugs and that killed morale pretty quick for a lot of people.

I thoroughly enjoyed being a team leader until the stupid army bullshit started catching up to me. Like how watching out for my dudes was a sure fire way to get myself in trouble in some situations.

You piece of poo poo, giving a gently caress about the well being of your subordinates. You're soft!

I got called soft for not stopping my soldiers from using sick call.

• Locked thread