Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Len posted:

But you can reroll the same game repeatedly to get better anime ladies because this is a forgiving game with no paywall!

And you DON'T date them, OK?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

And you DON'T date them, OK?!

Look, I'm only forcing the bunny to work in the factory so that I can poke her to build trust because it raises her stats by a tiny amount. Don't make this weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arknights owns bitches

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
what's good about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RottenK posted:

what's good about it
the tower defense gameplay is fun, everyone's pretty useful so the gacha isnt that big a deal, and i like the character designs a lot. the translation's kinda garbled but the setting's interesting, too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's a fun tower defense game and I like the urban combat aesthetic for the character designs.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Spaseman posted:

Are there any PC Android emulators out there that work well and also aren't bitcoin miners? I got Android Studio running but I've already found one game it wont run so I'm wondering if there isn't a better option out there. I really only want to run games so as long as it can do that I'm happy.

Bluestacks is the only one I've come across that doesn't seem outwardly shady but everything I've read is months or years old so I'm hoping for some other opinions.

I reinstalled Nox last week after I chose to place it on the SSD and so far it hasn't been using my CPU or GPU any more than it should so I'd assume it doesn't have a bitcoin miner.
No guarantees about it not selling your data tho.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Holy poo poo thanks, thats more than enough information to stay away from this

Yeah but you see these numbers? If you stick around, they go up.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Gatcha Gaming Thread: Holy poo poo thanks, thats more than enough information to stay away from this

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I'm liking Arknights so far, because there is no pvp I don't feel like if I miss a day/don't whale I'm going to be super far behind. I can just take things at my own super chill pace.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I just can't get into Arknights. The gameplay is neat, but when the gacha is just 'get different flavours of anime girls' it's just something I'm not interested in.

I do like the part of the game where the entire world treats furries as a blight though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Morpheus posted:

I just can't get into Arknights. The gameplay is neat, but when the gacha is just 'get different flavours of anime girls' it's just something I'm not interested in.

I do like the part of the game where the entire world treats furries as a blight though.

To be fair, this one also has anime boys.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Morpheus posted:

I thought that, but apparently being infected doesn't make people furries because you later meet non-infected animal-folk. It's just a world with a disease that makes people get magical powers and then die while staying highly contagious, that also has bunny girls.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I thought that, but apparently being infected doesn't make people furries because you later meet non-infected animal-folk. It's just a world with a disease that makes people get magical powers and then die while staying highly contagious, that also has bunny girls.

Boo delete this terrible game.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Arknight. We got a tier list so I can reroll for hours to quit in a week?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

m.hache posted:

So Arknight. We got a tier list so I can reroll for hours to quit in a week?

Whatever 6* you get as the guaranteed, it's OP. Except Silverash, he's extra OP.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Ibblebibble posted:

Whatever 6* you get as the guaranteed, it's OP. Except Silverash, he's extra OP.

I hey that’s the one I got but I already quit

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

leper khan posted:

I hey that’s the one I got but I already quit

It is okay he will be bottom of tier one by the time we catch up to the Japanese content

I have literally no information about this game but this statement tends to be true about all gacha games.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

New Leaf posted:

To be fair, this one also has anime boys.

but are there gachas that have more anime boys than anime girls

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Shwqa posted:

It is okay he will be bottom of tier one by the time we catch up to the Japanese content

I have literally no information about this game but this statement tends to be true about all gacha games.

Chinese content. Japanese servers launched the same day as english

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RottenK posted:

There are gachas that are only anime boys.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RottenK posted:

Yes, the Dragonball ones jump to mind.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Yeah but you see these numbers? If you stick around, they go up.

And you're a better person with a more fulfilling life if your guy is 5 stars instead of 3 stars.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Logged in to Another Den because I guess it's a 1 year anniversary for the game which meant 1k free crystals. Used them on an another style banner and pulled the alt style for Mighty, whose regular version I already had. It sucks that each style has to level separately but they share AP which is nice and means I can at least burn through the 4* class tree faster than normal and only the 5* tree is different.

e: and other currency I had leftover got me a second 5* another style, some girl with a hammer, and then a 5* dragoon girl. Neat. Still haven't progressed the story to the point I can permanently get Joker and Morgana though.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 23, 2020

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
AS Mighty is fantastic. Just dump your exp scrolls into him and get Joker asap. He has an elemental debuff that makes every elemental team better, plus he's a great non elemental fighter on his own so he fits in almost any team.

Look up how to get Joker and Morgana Personal Weapons when you get them. They can only equip them at lvl 60 but they are great

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I looked at their weapons the other day when looking up fishing and Another Dungeons to see when those unlocked. I haven't played this much every since it first came out so I'm only just after where you get Cyrus. I just run 4* Miyu, Mighty, some 4* samurai, Pom (aoe heal), and then the other 2 new 5* units who are just leveling up in reserve atm. I figure the two 5* units will replace Miyu and the other 4 star who will go in reserve, then once I have Joker and Morgana I'll boot the samurai and pom entirely since Morgana's healing will make Pom redundant unless I really need a 2nd healer in reserve.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
pushing new content in arknights is great fun, but it's a gacha game so the entire point is to grind your party to the point where content is no longer interesting

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

AS Mighty is fantastic. Just dump your exp scrolls into him and get Joker asap. He has an elemental debuff that makes every elemental team better, plus he's a great non elemental fighter on his own so he fits in almost any team.

I think you may be thinking of someone else. AS Mighty is a water elemental caster who self-buffs.
https://anothereden.miraheze.org/wiki/Mighty_(Another_Style)

Edit: oh, you mean JOKER has an elemental debuff. I didn't parse that well at all.

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: and other currency I had leftover got me a second 5* another style, some girl with a hammer, and then a 5* dragoon girl. Neat. Still haven't progressed the story to the point I can permanently get Joker and Morgana though.

If the girl with a hammer is Melina, she's got some heals in her top skills. No idea how strong, I have her non-AS.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 24, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Bruceski posted:

If the girl with a hammer is Melina, she's got some heals in her top skills. No idea how strong, I have her non-AS.

Yeah that's her. The dragoon is Suzette. So my team atm is:

4* Miyu lvl 21
4* Nikeh lvl 20
5* Mighty lvl 20/AS Mighty lvl 16
4* Pom lvl 20
5* AS Melina lvl 13
5* Suzette lvl 13

Melina and Suzette will replace Nikeh and Pom or Miyu in the active party once they hit 16 and I grab them some weapons. Then eventually I'll fit in Joker and Morgana, likely by dropping Nikeh and Pom. At lvl 13 Melina has as much base atk as lvl 20 Nikeh.

AS Melina doesn't get any healing until you hit her 5* ability board but she gets some stuns and debuffs in her 2-3 star boards, then an aoe atk and an attack with a partywide power buff in her 4* board so she looks like she'll be useful for sure.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I don't remember what her name is but I got some staff-type character, four star, that has something called Energy Drain (I think) that wallops the enemy for a lot of damage and heals everyone for like 600 HP. I got her in my first pull and she's been carrying me through the entire game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, I'm kind of addicted to this game, Bricks Ball Crusher but the ads are insane.

Are there goon recommendations for similar games that are just better? I was 2 seconds away from actually paying for 'no ads' when I read that only gets rid of the obligatory ones between levels, and not those used for powerups.

So, I don't mind premium or paying for no ads, as long as it's legit.

Edit: this one seems legit so far.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 24, 2020

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
There's holedown. A bit short, but has an infinite mode and no ads after you buy it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
i miss dungeon raid :(

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Well good news!!!
.there's a dungeon raid clone called troll patrol that came out recently.

It's not quite as tight but it scratches the itch and is only $2 to remove ads

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I'm kind of addicted to this game, Bricks Ball Crusher but the ads are insane.

Are there goon recommendations for similar games that are just better? I was 2 seconds away from actually paying for 'no ads' when I read that only gets rid of the obligatory ones between levels, and not those used for powerups.

So, I don't mind premium or paying for no ads, as long as it's legit.

Edit: this one seems legit so far.

i quite liked this one. i think i paid for no ads. its got a shitload of levels and you can upgrade your paddle and balls along the way

lol upgrade my paddle and balls

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

norp posted:

Well good news!!!
.there's a dungeon raid clone called troll patrol that came out recently.

It's not quite as tight but it scratches the itch and is only $2 to remove ads

It's been posted in the thread many times and usually people go "yeah but it's not the same" after it gets a bunch of posts for a week

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Anyone else in here play Honkai Impact 3rd? It's basically Bayonetta with gacha for a phone. The gameplay is incredible for a phone game, it has a PC port that isn't a gimped emulator, and there are waifus galore.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

cbx posted:

Anyone else in here play Honkai Impact 3rd? It's basically Bayonetta with gacha for a phone. The gameplay is incredible for a phone game, it has a PC port that isn't a gimped emulator, and there are waifus galore.

I tried it but I didnt have the patience to play beyond few levels. Does the combat evolve at all later on?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

WaltherFeng posted:

I tried it but I didnt have the patience to play beyond few levels. Does the combat evolve at all later on?

Kinda. Different characters have different styles of fighting; one character is used as a "support" and stays back with different types of long range artillery, another is an up-close brawler meant to launch enemies so you can switch to another character for their special switch-in attack. Plus, there are stealth sections throughout the story, and the mini games vary from side-scrolling shooter to Mario-esque platforming tasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I found a game called Athenion on Play Store it seems kinda interesting on first glance. Mainly because it reminds me of Triple Triad (each card has a direction and stronger card wins and so forth). It plays in portrait orientation and has decent anime art.

Not sure if its available everywhere