Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Infinitum posted:

Also things like Rat People as a trope as Always Evil Mooks/Cannon Fodder is an inherently racist take as it implies all Rat People must be killed as they are incapable of Good.

It was a totally understandable point, which people lost their minds about the author dictating how they wanted their fantasy world to operate.

Any sane person would have been fine with it, cause who gives a gently caress, even if it was :words: to get to the point.

I really want a faction of Skaven who are not deeply evil, just really weird and intense about their mad-science plans to fly to the moon and eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

djfooboo posted:

Nerds, nerds never change.

edit: Wow at these pledge breakdowns

$130 Undead Pledge (Base Game) 2871 backers
$240 Resistance Pledge (2 base games) 4486 backers
$410 Galactus Pledge (2 base games + Galactus) 2254 backers
$430 Hungry (7 games EXCEPT Galactus) 2862 backers
$615 Devourer (ALL + Glactus): 4531 backers

Never would have guessed at Galactus pledge being the leader. poo poo is crazy expensive especially with the $100+ shipping.

1700 people this is their first KS, that equates to 10% of backers which seems pretty drat impressive.

poo poo is so ridiculously expensive. If it was any system with zombicide I'd consider it but I just don't see the game being that fun.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Lawlicaust posted:

poo poo is so ridiculously expensive. If it was any system with zombicide I'd consider it but I just don't see the game being that fun.

Not sure what you mean, it is zombicide? Just doesn't tie in with the rest of Zombicide stuff.

And I'll admit, I'm one of the suckers for the All in + Galactus.

It def is expensive but I feel like this would be my one and only Marvel related game that I couldn't get into the rest of.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Also things like Rat People as a trope as Always Evil Mooks/Cannon Fodder is an inherently racist take as it implies all Rat People must be killed as they are incapable of Good.

It was a totally understandable point, which people lost their minds about the author dictating how they wanted their fantasy world to operate.

Any sane person would have been fine with it, cause who gives a gently caress, even if it was :words: to get to the point.

I can't be racist, I have a friend who is a Rat person.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Holy poo poo! Hellywood is slowly limping towards the finish line!

The original Kickstarter stalled out back in 2017 when the creator Stewart Wieck died. He had two other projects open at the time :Prince Valiant, and Wurm, both of which were finished posthumously and are pretty impressive.
That kind of dedication really highlights all those other unfinished RPGs. I wonder what the Far West guy is doing right now?

Same as he's been doing for the last ten years: less than Stewart Wieck.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lawlicaust posted:

It’s very expensive and I’m only pledging $1 to have access to the pledge manager so I can decide later, but… those mini sculpts with the extra base details are really calling to me. If they didn’t have all that stuff on the bases, I probably wouldn’t care as much.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

same with Final Girl, I'm likely going to get all of it....but im only doing a dollar and then budgeting until I can afford it.

That being said...I probably don't need any more board games, or I need to sell some of mine.

I think I just want some solo-1p deckbuilders...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Lawlicaust posted:

Two of the most insufferably played-out genres by a company that can't make games and dabbles in NFTs. Makes you want to cry.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I just literally can't imagine sorting through 50 CMOT boxes to assemble the game to play.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Jarvisi posted:

I just literally can't imagine sorting through 50 CMOT boxes to assemble the game to play.

50 Cut Me Own Throat boxes??

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ilmucche posted:

Copy Me Own NFTs Dibbler.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Going to share this as I haven't seen it mentioned and it looks right up my alley: Goblin Errands Link here

I've written and played my own game about goblins doing basic stuff and having adventures whilst doing it, but this seems to be a better version. Looking forward to running it with my normal group!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

ilmucche posted:

I just really like sausages inna bun

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

fallingdownjoe posted:

Going to share this as I haven't seen it mentioned and it looks right up my alley: Goblin Errands Link here

I've written and played my own game about goblins doing basic stuff and having adventures whilst doing it, but this seems to be a better version. Looking forward to running it with my normal group!

Thanks, I've thrown some money at this.

There's a one-euro tier where you can send him a picture of a goblin and he might stick it in the book, which feels like a cheeky way to get free art, but I don't hate it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Holy poo poo! Hellywood is slowly limping towards the finish line!

My very first Kickstarter is also nearly there, Castles of Mad King Ludwig projected delivery for last Xmas, at this rate maybe by May. And I'll be very grateful of they manage even that in this day and age.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

kinkouin posted:

Not sure what you mean, it is zombicide? Just doesn't tie in with the rest of Zombicide stuff.

And I'll admit, I'm one of the suckers for the All in + Galactus.

It def is expensive but I feel like this would be my one and only Marvel related game that I couldn't get into the rest of.

Sorry, any system but zombicide and I'd be in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think I spent like 200 total on Marvel United and that included like 3 other game mode variant boxes plus is shipping like 90+ other miniatures. Marvel Zombies being 140 (not including shipping) for the base game ALONE seems loving insane, and then even more money for just this needlessly oversized Galactus + the Heroes mode just seems unbelievable. The miniatures are cool but I'm just gonna stick to the Crisis Protocol stuff which is part of an actually good game.

I think I'm just kind of bewildered at how much stuff is in the game and yet besides X-Men box and the Galactus, the grand majority of it seems to just be "50 dollars for more miniatures, all of which are pretty much the same in game ability." Given it's also Zombicide, the Marvel IP is doing ridiculously heavy lifting.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

DLC Inc posted:

I think I spent like 200 total on Marvel United and that included like 3 other game mode variant boxes plus is shipping like 90+ other miniatures. Marvel Zombies being 140 (not including shipping) for the base game ALONE seems loving insane, and then even more money for just this needlessly oversized Galactus + the Heroes mode just seems unbelievable. The miniatures are cool but I'm just gonna stick to the Crisis Protocol stuff which is part of an actually good game.

I think I'm just kind of bewildered at how much stuff is in the game and yet besides X-Men box and the Galactus, the grand majority of it seems to just be "50 dollars for more miniatures, all of which are pretty much the same in game ability." Given it's also Zombicide, the Marvel IP is doing ridiculously heavy lifting.
I think one of the negatives of the project is the need to double almost every hero as a zombie as well. I mean, sure, that gives you the option to play the game in both modes, but it also cuts down on the number of unique characters.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Crisis Protocol Galactus when?

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Marmaduke! posted:

My very first Kickstarter is also nearly there, Castles of Mad King Ludwig projected delivery for last Xmas, at this rate maybe by May. And I'll be very grateful of they manage even that in this day and age.

5 months late is pretty great for a Kickstarter. I have multiple that are years delayed at this point, like Hyperspace which has been stuck in miniature tweaking hell for as long as I can remember. Pretty sure it was supposed to fulfill in 2019.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I didn't know Metallic Dice Games was doing more Elixir dice, some of these look pretty cool. I got the ones I ordered in the last KS and they're quite nice. D4's the weak link, but they have a new mold for these.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/579878362/elixir-dice-v2-handcrafted-liquid-core-rpg-dice

I want that Rainbow Dust set.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 3, 2022

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

CitizenKeen posted:

Crisis Protocol Galactus when?

Probably never now.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

I really wish they would have went with the Death May Die system. Then it could have been a little more dynamic in scenario design.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Infinitum posted:

Tell me you're money laundering without telling me you're money laundering

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/otherworldtcg/otherworld-the-official-trading-card-game

Campaign only being run for 72 hours
Raised $600,000 usd

Was $600k a typo? It's "back down" to just over $300k now.

If that $600k was correct, what could cause the number to just drop like that?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Solkanar512 posted:

Was $600k a typo? It's "back down" to just over $300k now.

If that $600k was correct, what could cause the number to just drop like that?

some of the obvious money laundering got flagged by any number of the payment systems in play.

alternatively, they pumped a ton of money into it to make the KS look bigger than it was then pulled the pledges before completion

if you add up all the reward tiers + number of backers you only get $177k, so it's really loving obvious that a lot of fake transactions were putting in tens of thousands of extra backing to get to the 300k number.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 3, 2022

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Otherworld The Official Trading Card Game is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.
If you are interested in this project, please check back later. Thanks for your patience.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You hate to see it :v:

The Kicktraq for it is equally hilarious. I've never seen a graph trend downwards lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

silvergoose posted:

Otherworld The Official Trading Card Game is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.
If you are interested in this project, please check back later. Thanks for your patience.

:lmao: perfect

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Infinitum posted:

You hate to see it :v:

The Kicktraq for it is equally hilarious. I've never seen a graph trend downwards lol

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/otherworldtcg/otherworld-the-official-trading-card-game/

In case that dies, I took a screenshot

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

djfooboo posted:

I really wish they would have went with the Death May Die system. Then it could have been a little more dynamic in scenario design.

I probably would have bought it if they did. Well… and if the price was substantially less.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

silvergoose posted:

Oh. I'm interested in this project but not for the usual reasons.

:stare:

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Jerry Grayson has recently launched GODSEND Agenda if games about extremely powerful superheroes are your thing (like they are mine). I've not played any of his previous games but I've heard good things about Khepera and Atlantis: The Second Age, so I'm feeling good about this one -- and per the recent update he's planning on having the complete game text to show us in a couple of weeks.

Also, when addressing one of the risks he says:

GODSEND Agenda posted:

The writer decided to rewrite everything? I’m done writing the book, and two things prevent me from rewriting it. 1- I’m lazy, 2- my massive ego says its perfect as is.

And I feel this in my bones.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Powerful FIGJAM energy

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Mexican game about the Mexican war of independence, with an add-on option for a Mexican game about the Mexican revolution.
Sweet art, spotty translation, lots of Mexicans.

http://kck.st/3sickiu

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

silvergoose posted:

Aside from this hilariousness, I also noticed that a lot of the comments were hidden by "This person cancelled their pledge" and opening those comments revealed that just about all of them were "Come check out the discord" so it's possible the whole kickstarter is just a front to shill the discord (where you'll probably get spammed with crypto bots or something).

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

silvergoose posted:

i guess this answers what i was wondering: are these tcg money laundering scams buying art from like opensquid or just stealing it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i guess this answers what i was wondering: are these tcg money laundering scams buying art from like opensquid or just stealing it

I'd guess the latter as one of the cards was basically Ahri from League of Legends but blond and might already have been somebody's fanart.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mind MGMT Deluxe is getting a reprint. It'll be up on KS on the 8th Feb

Where has this immense demand come from? :thunk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAOhbIfV8qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhu5fIUee2Y

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Mind MGMT Deluxe is getting a reprint. It'll be up on KS on the 8th Feb

Where has this immense demand come from? :thunk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAOhbIfV8qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhu5fIUee2Y

I can't quite tell if you're implying this is a bit dodgy or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No, I'm likely to back it.

I think it's a smart decision for them to do a reprint off the back of SUSD review hype when demand is high.