Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
I think if you don't want Ronda in 'Mania you're anti-fun.
I'm also totally on board with WWE going all gimmicks for next years mania. If there's going to be 100,000 people there, gently caress it, do Hogan v. Ronda for all I care. I want a completely surreal experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

JUDO THROW REPEAT

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Gatorfade posted:

If there's going to be 100,000 people there, gently caress it, do Hogan v. Ronda for all I care. I want a completely surreal experience.

I pay money to see Hulk Hogan die.

Mob posted:

JUDO THROW REPEAT

EAT
SLEEP
SHOOT
REPEAT

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Gatorfade posted:

gently caress it, do Hogan v. Ronda for all I care. I want a completely surreal experience.

Hogan's already booked versus Dana Warrior, brother.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

People were totally happy to pay 60 dollars to watch Tyson punch a man's face off his skull in 45 seconds, they are happy to pay 60 to watch Ronda rip a woman's arm off at the elbow in 45 seconds, and they will pay 9.99 to watch her rip Steph's arm off in 10 seconds.

WWE is incompetent enough to blow this.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the big money is in a HHH vs. Rousey match where she throws him and taps him out in 15 seconds

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Neodoomium posted:

People were totally happy to pay 60 dollars to watch Tyson punch a man's face off his skull in 45 seconds, they are happy to pay 60 to watch Ronda rip a woman's arm off at the elbow in 45 seconds, and they will pay 9.99 to watch her rip Steph's arm off in 10 seconds.

WWE is incompetent enough to blow this.

gotta keep steph strong

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok so here's how you do it. Ronda can only really do a 60 second match, and she SHOULD only do 60 seconds. The art is making the fans want this. So, you simply have Steph run her mouth about how much better than the other women Ronda fought, claiming she'll not only last longer than 60 secs, but also that she'll win. Ronda in the weeks building up continually saves her other horse women, never managing to get her hands on McMahon. Come the match, after a few minutes of distraction and stalling, the bell rings, Ronda catches, throws and submits her. The fans get what they want.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Same except it's 20 minutes of her judo throwing every single one of the Rosebuds

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Steph hires nicole bass to take her out.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think I would prefer if Ronda simply no-sold everything Steph said and did and reiterated that she was going to break her arm.

Basically the thing Brock should have said to her when she was screeching at him last week. Minus the arm breaking part. He's friends with Ronda.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Another year of Stephanie building heat without comeuppance. :toot:

Quality newsletter plug by Dave on JR's podcast this week. JR went on about "nobody is ever ready to be The Guy" nonsense even though he didn't want Reigns to win the title last week.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when did vickie get her comeuppance

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Steph should just send wave after wave of jobbers at Ronda, all of whom are submitted in less than 10 seconds till she finally gets her hands on Steph and does the same to her. Some might say that makes the wrestlers look bad, but if it helps then they can make it a shoot, because the result is gonna be the same anyway :clint:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jerusalem posted:

Steph should just send wave after wave of jobbers at Ronda, all of whom are submitted in less than 10 seconds till she finally gets her hands on Steph and does the same to her. Some might say that makes the wrestlers look bad, but if it helps then they can make it a shoot, because the result is gonna be the same anyway :clint:

This could be really fun, but it'd end up like that Team Piper segment on Nitro from the Omni that died a horrible death.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

epitasis posted:

when did vickie get her comeuppance

All the time and it was great

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RBX posted:

All the time and it was great

They did overdo it though. Some people even thought WWE was doing it more brutally and frequently in order to get her to quit so they wouldn't have to honor Vince's promise to take of the Guerreros. Seems a bit far fetched, though.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 5, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no I meant when did Vickie get her comeuppance on Steph my bad

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

epitasis posted:

She pushed steph into the mud pit on a smackdown.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Steph should do all hoss moves and Ronda should only do coward back rakes and eye pokes.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

epitasis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0M0O1332wM

7 minutes in. That is Vince level showing your rear end by Steph

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no I know I meant when chronologically in response to dude saying Steph went for (a) year(s) without getting comeuppance. forget it

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Would it be acceptable for Ronda to actually beat the tar out of HHH too? Like you could book that match starting with Rock/HHH , Rock tags Ronda and she just wrecks him. That would be amusing.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

AlmightyPants posted:

Would it be acceptable for Ronda to actually beat the tar out of HHH too? Like you could book that match starting with Rock/HHH , Rock tags Ronda and she just wrecks him. That would be amusing.

You think this guy is going to let a non-wrestler, and not only a non-wrestler but also a woman go over him at Mania?

Yeah, nope. Nope, nope, nope. Not happening.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He did just sell a hip toss from her at this past Mania like death, to be fair

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Chris James 2 posted:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

he's gotta get his win back now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

seeing this again reminds me: I'm usually 100% in favor of cartoony sells, but it only works when you have an equally cartoony move being done to you. a hip toss isn't exactly a Stunner, y'know?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

abraham linksys posted:

seeing this again reminds me: I'm usually 100% in favor of cartoony sells, but it only works when you have an equally cartoony move being done to you. a hip toss isn't exactly a Stunner, y'know?

False

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Y'know I didn't know that (Kenta)'s finisher is the GTS, and after seeing him work I think that he can make it."

Yes, the son of one of the greatest wrestlers who himself has already made it and is really good, may be able to make it in the business. Duly noted.

Thanks, Powerbombcast.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LordPants posted:

"Y'know I didn't know that (Kenta)'s finisher is the GTS, and after seeing him work I think that he can make it."

Yes, the son of one of the greatest wrestlers who himself has already made it and is really good, may be able to make it in the business. Duly noted.

Thanks, Powerbombcast.

Uh, KENTA/Hideo isn't Kenta Kobashi's son, although Kobashi was certainly a very important mentor and supporter of him. Unless I misunderstood you and that's simply what the podcast guys were claiming.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nope that's my bad.

:psyduck:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

LordPants posted:

Thanks, Powerbombcast.

lmao

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

His workrate isn't the obstacle he has to overcome to make it in WWE.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That's probably Dan Ryckert saying that and he'd be the first to tell you that he is really dumb some times.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
The guys who were on that podcast don't really follow Japanese wrestling at all (especially outside of NJPW, the one brand they do really know much about), and I think only one of them who was there regularly watches NXT much. Considering how many times Itami has hit the GTS so far in NXT (was it zero before that one match? I don't know), it is no shock that they may not know he innovated it, especially when WWE commentary is usually reluctant to discuss things outside of their own product.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Another Person posted:

The guys who were on that podcast don't really follow Japanese wrestling at all (especially outside of NJPW, the one brand they do really know much about), and I think only one of them who was there regularly watches NXT much. Considering how many times Itami has hit the GTS so far in NXT (was it zero before that one match? I don't know), it is no shock that they may not know he innovated it, especially when WWE commentary is usually reluctant to discuss things outside of their own product.

The Friday before Mania show was his first time hitting it in NXT.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

LordPants posted:

Thanks, Powerbombcast.

Gerstmann is the best part of the Powerbombcast because of the completely hilarious and arbitrary reasons he hates things. He can't enjoy NXT because it's "developmental" and thought everyone should swap gimmicks every couple of moths. He also thought Triple H dressing as the Terminator somehow ruined the integrity of Triple H as a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

OctoberCountry posted:

Gerstmann is the best part of the Powerbombcast because of the completely hilarious and arbitrary reasons he hates things. He can't enjoy NXT because it's "developmental" and thought everyone should swap gimmicks every couple of moths. He also thought Triple H dressing as the Terminator somehow ruined the integrity of Triple H as a character.

The integrity of the giant nerd who often dressed like Conan the Barbarian, I guess it does show that trips can be a Sci-Fi fan as well.

• Locked thread