Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Stan out of Liquid, replaced by brazilian Steel. Happy to see he landed on his feet after the Immortals bullshit. Definitely an upgrade over Stan who's not even IGLing anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Stan out of Liquid, replaced by brazilian Steel. Happy to see he landed on his feet after the Immortals bullshit. Definitely an upgrade over Stan who's not even IGLing anymore.

FNS has finished his mission of destroying Immortals from the inside. :allears:

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
So the ideal scenario is that they pick up 2 more Brazilians when ex-imt explode again and teach Twistz and Elige Portuguese?

(They still have Zews coaching them, right?)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Stumbletron posted:

So the ideal scenario is that they pick up 2 more Brazilians when ex-imt explode again and teach Twistz and Elige Portuguese?

apparently Elige already speaks Portuguese. Like, he's not fluent but he's good enough to get through games

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Elige is toxic.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Photex posted:

Elige is toxic.

That's why he fits right in with the Brazilians

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Stumbletron posted:

no?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Steel is probably the only marketable Brazilian besides maybe Fallen.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

NA could learn a lot from Brazil, such as how to be #1

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did they literally remove dust1 and aztec and stuff completely as in you cannot play them except on community servers? why would they do such a thing

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

Did they literally remove dust1 and aztec and stuff completely as in you cannot play them except on community servers? why would they do such a thing

NEW MAPS ARE THE FUTURE!

*remakes d2*

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

people make bots and queue up in 5stacks on lovely maps, just so they can boost an account to sell it (to a cheater)

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHy1DSJbvFg&t=11s

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
They will rerelease Aztec and Vertigo as maps that you can only play on zero-gravity mode.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

people make bots and queue up in 5stacks on lovely maps, just so they can boost an account to sell it (to a cheater)

Instead of improving afk detection to catch the bots spinning in spawn, let's delete part of the game.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I mean, bots follow the objectives, often stick together, use voice commands. And have been known to return fire. They're already worthy of Gold Nova at least.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Also, what is up with the IEM Oakland ruleset? Seems weird to have different points for OT Wins and Losses. I would hardly call a 16-14 win much more convincing than a 19-17 win.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Has anyone played matchmaking on the new trust system? If so, what was your experience like?

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Jeza posted:

Also, what is up with the IEM Oakland ruleset? Seems weird to have different points for OT Wins and Losses. I would hardly call a 16-14 win much more convincing than a 19-17 win.
They do it in ESL Pro League as well and it doesn't seem to make a heap of sense in either setting. I haven't seen the maths on what it does to tiebreaker probability, but there must be something in it for them that leaving things as-is/just eliminating OT doesn't offer.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Stumbletron posted:

They do it in ESL Pro League as well and it doesn't seem to make a heap of sense in either setting. I haven't seen the maths on what it does to tiebreaker probability, but there must be something in it for them that leaving things as-is/just eliminating OT doesn't offer.

pro league at least makes a little more sense because there are so many games played in a season, this is like..4 games?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Audax posted:

Has anyone played matchmaking on the new trust system? If so, what was your experience like?

1 person on me team had a mic. The other team had a rq second half and we won 16-9. Everyone was unhappy

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Up Circle posted:

1 person on me team had a mic. The other team had a rq second half and we won 16-9. Everyone was unhappy

the system works

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do overwatch demos automatically delete themselves or is there a folder on my computer somewhere filled with 10 minute clips of aimbotters

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Up Circle posted:

1 person on me team had a mic

And it wasn't you

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Up Circle posted:

1 person on me team had a mic.

ironicat forever expanding until it consumes everything

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Instead of improving afk detection to catch the bots spinning in spawn, let's delete part of the game.

so they'll multibox and make the bots run straight forward? :shrug:

I don't see a downside to disabling bad maps with ~30 minute queues

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Up Circle posted:

Amazing display of self awareness from t swift

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I played a bit of casual and had some quite nice games, though i ran in the hostage group instead of dust ii .

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ilmucche posted:

6.5) Learn to shift-walk sometimes so dudes can't hear you

Walk all the time until goons yell at you to not walk.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I'm the one that's always yelling.

Oh hey, I just found a clip of myself yelling about this!

https://clips.twitch.tv/OutstandingDistinctSalmonStrawBeary

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I removed my shift key tbh

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Shift is crouch, control is walk hth

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Oh hey, I just found a clip of myself yelling about this!

https://clips.twitch.tv/OutstandingDistinctSalmonStrawBeary

how much did you drink during that

other than not enough

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goast posted:

I removed my shift key tbh

I unbound Crouch one day and never looked back.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I unbound crouch for a bit, it was pretty eye opening how often I crouched into headshots

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How do you do cool jumps onto things if you unbind crouch?

Edit: I don't follow the pro scene as much as I used to but why is VP losing to a team called Space Soldiers?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

Edit: I don't follow the pro scene as much as I used to but why is VP losing to a team called Space Soldiers?

Trying to understand Virtus.Pro is harder than quantum physics.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Space soldiers is also a reasonably solid and stable tier 2 roster that on a good day could take on even a non-slumping VP and similarly tiered teams and win

Xantares and Calyx can be pretty sick

e: incidentally I met Calyx on ESEA once and he made me feel like a clue- and aimless gold nova

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 16, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol snax just holding an entire b rush off by himself.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Why do players constantly change weapons? Isn't there a chance, however small, that you'll get caught without a weapon ready when you constantly change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ilmucche posted:

Why do players constantly change weapons? Isn't there a chance, however small, that you'll get caught without a weapon ready when you constantly change?

It happens all the time, people getting killed for changing weapons that is. People do it to be cool most of the time, but really it started so people could keep themselves 'warmed' up, likely is still like that for guys in tense/high pressure situations, just like guys in starcraft are constantly clicking/selecting poo poo but not needing to, it keeps you in the game, focused, and ready to click things.