Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Doesn't Rockstar have better things to do than mess up old ports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

triplexpac posted:

They're knocking it out of the park with this GTA5 rerelease, and yet they're loving up San Andreas in every conceivable way at the exact same time.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

triplexpac posted:

But this most likely is an old port. For the iOS.

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Crappy Jack posted:

They're knocking it out of the park with this GTA5 rerelease, and yet they're loving up San Andreas in every conceivable way at the exact same time.

Probably worried that everyone would remember that San Andreas was more fun to play in almost every way.
"We'll soon fix that!" - Rockstar

Orv
May 4, 2011

AlmightyBob posted:

There are people on the steam forums that are saying they'd backed up the old version and are doing exactly that, don't know if it works.

Looks like I didn't catch it in time, it completely erased itself to start the update. :smith:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Xibanya posted:

I'd also appreciate a new freeware games thread 'cause I'm all over that poo poo.

I have so many games that I've never played more than 2 hours but will never delete because I think I'll get around to them some day. :getin:

I made a thread for free things, it will improve as it finds its feet.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Here I was laughing with friend at Blizzard for having no better idea than to copy Team Fortress 2 in which I have no interest. Now after watching the two trailers I can't wait to actually try Overwatch. drat.

AlmightyBob posted:

No hope they'll ever revert the San Andreas patch probably. Not only did they remove songs, they took out the 1080p option (worked fine before) and also old saves don't work. People are saying the controls are hosed too.

AlmightyBob posted:

It also apparently changed the driving physics.

Really looking forward to GTA5 now :haw: Guess I won't be replaying San Andreas anytime soon :(

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Okay, seriously, why would Rockstar go back to gently caress up a 10 year old port of a game? All changes are for the worst and they were all intended. Like, what the heck.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

It's like if Pixar did G.I.Joe.

Yeah, it's great. I have zero interests in the game, but I'd buy a ticket to go see a feature film with those characters/that setting.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

Can't have people reminded it was the last good GTA

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Deakul posted:

Heh, story wise?

The ones that have original stories are the super hero ones and they're just standard comic book stuff.
Story as in all the small cut scenes with Batman and Robin and all the villains were awesome. I'm not expecting The Old Man and the Sea or The Trial here.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Saoshyant posted:

Okay, seriously, why would Rockstar go back to gently caress up a 10 year old port of a game? All changes are for the worst and they were all intended. Like, what the heck.

Adding to the mystery, it's no longer available for purchase.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zombie Samurai posted:

I-- I can't :psypop:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

They're basically backporting the iOS version to PC, like they did with the 360 version, but while the graphics are marginally better, everything else is a step back. At this point, the best version for my money is still the Xbox Original version, which now you can't even buy anymore. The PS2 classic, Xbox Original, and PC original versions are all gone now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SelenicMartian posted:

They also pulled the PS2 classics version from PSN store, and are apparently planning to replace it with an HD release of the mobile port. At least I get to keep the old version intact in my downloads list.

looks like it's still there on NA psn. just added it to my cart and it went through

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

What the gently caress are they doing?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Did Rockstar's entire PC division have a simultaneous stroke or something?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

They've gone full Ubisoft!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

More likely the music licenses ran out, and the mobile port already had cuts made to the soundtrack to avoid these issues.

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

SelenicMartian posted:

More likely the music licenses ran out, and the mobile port already had cuts made to the soundtrack to avoid these issues.

But why would they also
a) remove graphic options that worked fine before
b) change the driving physics
c) remove the game from the store

if it were only a music licensing issue?

Like, the haven't switched to the ios one, they've just spent money and effort crippling the pc one.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What changes did they make?

EDIT: Nvm, what songs did they remove?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

Yeah, but they still pulled it from the store anyways, so it's not like the music cuts even matter.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Joe Man posted:

I'm not buying it but GMG sent me an email about Valkyria Chronicles being $13ish (USD) in the "VIP Section"

This VIP thing is awesome, between it and my credit I got VC for $5.

Ragequit posted:

Looks fun as hell, TF2 has been stale to me for a long time.

I can't imagine them possibly properly balancing that many classes.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Crappy Jack posted:

They've gone full Ubisoft!

You never go full Ubisoft.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The only reason I haven't 100 percented LEGO Marvel Heroes is because acceleration is weird on my machine. I don't know if it's because I'm using a 360 pad or something's just goofy on my end, but movement and turning start out comfortably slow, then kick into high-gear/hairpins after a handful of seconds. It makes the optional racing sequences really annoying, to say the least.

Besides that, it's a bundle of fun. You can even play as Howard the Duck and float around in the Magnetomobile!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Papercut posted:

This VIP thing is awesome, between it and my credit I got VC for $5.

I can't imagine them possibly properly balancing that many classes.

You can't imagine the people behind Starcraft balancing a game? Really?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Deakul posted:

Their staff in 1998 balanced a 3 race RTS well. This does not mean their staff in 2014 can balance a 12 class FPS well.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Deakul posted:

Diablo 3 is PvE only, 6 classes, and was horribly unbalanced up until about 3 months ago.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Their staff in 1998 balanced a 3 race RTS well. This does not mean their staff in 2014 can balance a 12 class FPS well.

Especially 12 classes with radically different powers and level design that focuses on verticality and quick movement. Their gameplay trailer was difficult to follow when dudes with jetpacks and teleport powers are flying all over the place.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Mr E posted:

What changes did they make?

EDIT: Nvm, what songs did they remove?

Quoted from the Steam community page, unsure if it's accurate:

Some guy on the Steam forums posted:

Removed songs list
If anyone wanted to know this
http://gtaforums.com/topic/661408-gta-san-andreas-mobile-modding/

PLAYBACK FM
"Critical Beatdown"

K-DST
"Running Down A Dream"
"Woman To Woman"

Bounce FM
"You Dropped A Bomb On Me"
"Yum Yum"
"Running Away"

Radio Los Santos
"I Don't Give A f*ck"
"Express Yourself"

Radio X
"Killing in the Name of"
"Hellraiser"

K-Jah West
"Ring My Bell"
"Don't Let It Go To Your Head"

Master Sounds 98.3
"Express Yourself"
"Rock Creek Park"
"Grunt"
"Soul Power '74"
"The Payback"

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Papercut posted:

Diablo 3 is PvE only, 6 classes, and was horribly unbalanced up until about 3 months ago.

It's still balanced though and Blizzard had to deal with a bunch more other game fixes before they could get to class fixes.

Edit:

Blizzard posted:

Patch 2.1.2 announced
New Ghoblins: The Gem Hoarder (silver, drops gems), the Odious Collector (green, drops crafting materials), the Blood Thief (red, drops Blood Shards)
Improved Goblin AI: Will now seek out other enemies
Now speaking: Johnny Ebbert
Adventure Mode: New Legendary Gems, More visual variety for Greater Rifts, new Hub layouts
Tilesets of formerly fixed maps in Greater Rifts are now much more varied, examples: Oasis, Spider Caves, Leoric's Jail; Upcoming: Stinging Winds, Tristram Fields, Festering Woods
Legendary Gems: Legendary Gems usage graph (screenshot to follow), want to make usage of Gems more even by adding new Legendary Gems and Items
2 new Legendary Gems: Esoteric ALteration: Gain 30% non-Physical damage reduction. Bonus: While below half Life, your resistances are increased by 75%.
Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard: Regenerates 500,00 Life per Second. Bonus: After not taking damage for 4 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 200% of your Life per Second. Numbers subject to change.
Now speaking: Wyatt Cheng
Pylon Changes: Conduit not getting removed in GR. Instead, Speed Pylons ignoring collision and lasting longer, Shield Pylon reflecting damage and exploding when it times out. You should get 2-4 Pylons per GR, not 0 or 6.
Improving Monster Density in all Rifts where it's currently low. Normal monsters as well as Elites.
All the Rift Guardians are getting revisited to be equally challenging but each one should be special in their own right.
Randomness shouldn't dictate success or failure but instead provide a varied experience.
Level generation adjusted: Dead Ends in Rifts shouldn't be at the end of a long hallway, same for big loops.
Death Penalty in GR adjusted. On the PTR, you can rez at the corpse in GR but you get a stacking timer. Hence, the distance to the checkpoint no longer matters.
Season 2: Conquests will be looked at, only some will return from S1, like Reach GR30 or Speed Racer. Reach level 70 is being dropped, though. New Conquests: 50M gold stream outside the Vaul, Kill certain bosses within 20 minutes of starting the game, Complete Lore Books
Season 2 Transmog: Feet and Legs, Season 3: Chest and Hands
Wormwood reworked (see below): Casts Locust Swarm without having to stop
Ranslor's Folly (see below)
Now Speaking: Kevin Martens
More items shown tomorrow, also "something special"
Ancient Items: New Tier of Legendaries. Drops in Torment, the higher the difficulty the more likely, up to 30% better in attributes.
New Zone: Ruins of Sesheron. Barbarian capital city from Diablo II LoD opening cinematic

Yup, Blizzard sucks at post release support.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 7, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Welp, I own San Andreas in multiple formats (played the gently caress out of it on the PS2 and my steam version is sort of languishing)

I now feel perfectly justified in getting it from other sources. I imagine people who want the non-hosed version will do the same. Great job, Rockstar!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The definitely want the PC version which patches the awful RC plane mission that literally gives you inadequate fuel to complete it unless the targets spawn at the right places.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I still get nightmares about Supply Lines.

I think the PC version was the one that was hosed up, though? I didn't have any 'this is literally impossible' parts in the PS2 version, only 'why the gently caress did they include this' problems.

Does someone at Rockstar really love RC vehicles or something because there's usually a couple in every GTA game and they're universally terrible.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hey crybabies, GTAV isn't using Denuvo.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Ddraig posted:

I still get nightmares about Supply Lines.

I think the PC version was the one that was hosed up, though? I didn't have any 'this is literally impossible' parts in the PS2 version, only 'why the gently caress did they include this' problems.

Does someone at Rockstar really love RC vehicles or something because there's usually a couple in every GTA game and they're universally terrible.

Nah, the launch PS2 version definitely had an issue with the mission Supply Lines. The PC (and maybe Xbox) versions gave you so much fuel to compensate that you could probably circle the entire map. This may have also been fixed in the PS2 relaunch after the hot coffee incident.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

K can I have San Andres back pls

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Arkham: Origins was the one with a game breaking bug that the developers openly stated they gave no fucks about and won't ever fix, right?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 8, 2014

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

mcbexx posted:

Arkham: Origins was the one with a game breaking bug that the developers openly stated they gave no fuckss and won't ever fix, right?

Origins was buggy at launch but I'm pretty sure it was quickly patched. Personally, I only encountered one or two minor bugs when I played through it a good few months after it came out. Don't know anything about dumb developer statements though. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

mcbexx posted:

Arkham: Origins was the one with a game breaking bug that the developers openly stated they gave no fuckss and won't ever fix, right?

I don't think it's game breaking but there is a fast travel spot you can't reach without an obscure exploit and the devs shrugged their shoulders at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-DtI0AQFW4

• Locked thread