Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

white league stones are garbage and the method to use league stones is clunky. hth. Also the 36 point portal is garbage and you can't see the legacy weapon mtx on some of the weapons. When is 3.0?
I'm not too fond of white league stones either - I was explaining the appeal of the concept, not implementation. 3.0 is hopefully never, but realistically in summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jusupov posted:

GIve GGG enough money and you might get an invite to the beta

I'll be in beta. But I don't typically play betas and I'm an idiot who just follows guides and doesn't come up with his own stuff. So I probably won't enjoy it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

madjack posted:

yo poegoons

rump my hump: Yellowstonesmokincrater

Are you asking for a guild invite?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

TheRat posted:

Are you asking for a guild invite?

yes i was, thanks for that

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I have a question on gear. I am almost to lvl 68 on my HOWA build. I have some good res with boots, gloves and rings and planning on running Purity of Elements. The remaining items I need are upgrading to HOWA weapons, armor, helmet and Vinktar. Figuring I am not going to jump into Tier 11+ maps or bosses right away was going to forgo Vinktar for the time being. I have a helmet with 141 ES and some good res on it. What I don't know is how much to spend on a armor piece. What ES should I shoot for? Should I go for high ES and few socket/links or go for socket/links and a lower ES amount?

Here is the character FYI KimberlyHeart

Thanks!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Depends on your budget but a 5 link 600 es chest piece with like 1 resist on it will run you about 25-30c. I probably wouldn't start much lower than that.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

Depends on your budget but a 5 link 600 es chest piece with like 1 resist on it will run you about 25-30c. I probably wouldn't start much lower than that.

Oh darn. I forgot to put that down. I have about 60 chaos currently with some Vaal and scouring orbs too. I had found an exalted and that's how I was able to get the astrementis

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Leaguestones should have inventory slots instead of being on the H menu. A prompt before activating would have been a wise default behavior that people could turn off when they figure out what they're doing.

This game has made brilliant strides since I first played it but it's clear GGG hasn't got a loving clue what they're doing with the interface and rely on the community to tell them how to fix it. This doesn't work too well for something as short as a league.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
It would be nice to do something with all the white stones I have that arent worth running. Even like 6 or 8 to 1 to make a random blue would do something other than eat up stash space.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
We're finally at 120c per ex (unless someone could get the few under that to actually sell). And here I was worried when I decided to buy one at 105c that the trend would turn. Good thing I have no need to actually buy anything in the Ex+ range.

i gotta wonder how many people are sitting with multi-ex items priced the same as they would be in a normal league economy and wondering why poo poo won't sell though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Insurrectionist posted:

We're finally at 120c per ex (unless someone could get the few under that to actually sell). And here I was worried when I decided to buy one at 105c that the trend would turn. Good thing I have no need to actually buy anything in the Ex+ range.

i gotta wonder how many people are sitting with multi-ex items priced the same as they would be in a normal league economy and wondering why poo poo won't sell though.

So what's different? Explain as if I know nothing about POE economy other than what's in the OP. :v:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So how fast does support normally get back to you on emails. I questioned them about losing an abyss and some nice leaguestone charges when their instance lost connection with the realm on Friday and haven't heard back...

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

silvergoose posted:

So what's different? Explain as if I know nothing about POE economy other than what's in the OP. :v:

No one is completely sure. Zana's mods are far less useful than in previous leagues, which is a major chaos sink that we are missing. But chaos are not undervalued, it's exalts that are high. The ratios of chaos to other lesser currencies is pretty close to the normal ratios, it's just the exalt to everything else ratio that is sky high.

The last time this happened was because there was a exalted orb sink with master crafting that only a small number of people knew about, allowing them to profit massively from exalted orbs. But why it is happening this time is a mystery.

All I know is I am glad I stopped playing in LSC a couple weeks ago, trying to grind out currency in this economy looks depressing.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So how fast does support normally get back to you on emails. I questioned them about losing an abyss and some nice leaguestone charges when their instance lost connection with the realm on Friday and haven't heard back...

Normally very quickly, but what exactly do you hope for them to do? They never reimburse people for lost items or anything due to instance crashes.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Probably either price-manipulation of some kind or some incredibly lucrative exploit (or 'exploit') related to the leaguestone system that allows for ridiculous wealth-accumulation. As mentioned the lack of Chaos sink sure explains nothing at least.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
e:n/m

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Cinara posted:

No one is completely sure. Zana's mods are far less useful than in previous leagues, which is a major chaos sink that we are missing. But chaos are not undervalued, it's exalts that are high. The ratios of chaos to other lesser currencies is pretty close to the normal ratios, it's just the exalt to everything else ratio that is sky high.

The last time this happened was because there was a exalted orb sink with master crafting that only a small number of people knew about, allowing them to profit massively from exalted orbs. But why it is happening this time is a mystery.

All I know is I am glad I stopped playing in LSC a couple weeks ago, trying to grind out currency in this economy looks depressing.

Normally very quickly, but what exactly do you hope for them to do? They never reimburse people for lost items or anything due to instance crashes.

Interesting. What's LSC? Is that the current league name?

You're saying other gear is pretty much the same in chaos that you'd expect, just exalted are not? Maybe some people are just using exalted more freely this season?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I questioned them about losing an abyss and some nice leaguestone charges when their instance lost connection with the realm on Friday and haven't heard back...
lol you are wasting their time and yours

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
LSC is Legacy Softcore, LHC would be Legacy Hardcore, or like SSFLHC for Solo Self Found Legacy Softcore. This is the normal way people shorten league names, so last league would have been BSC/BHC for Breach League.

I don't think it can come down solely to people using exalts more, as normally the ratio peaks at 80ish and then drops back down to the 60-70s for the rest of the league. We sat stable in the 70s for a while this league but once it started going up again it has been rising with no stop in sight. 120:1 is insane and puts a huge barrier to entry on a lot of builds if you're trying to convert into ex from lower currency.

One other thing I have found crazy is that Headhunter is 64ex, only ~20 cheaper than a normal league where it is far far harder to get. And if you look at the cost in chaos it is actually MORE expensive this league than previous ones. I came into this league thinking it would be super cheap and far easier to get, now I am glad I bought one at 49ex a few weeks ago when it was ~3200 chaos worth. Now they are closer to 7700 chaos.

Other things are weird like Skyforth are ~10ex higher than normal, Shav's is a couple ex higher, lots of T1 items are more expensive.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 3, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
e: I am slow today, jesus

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that one bug that let people preserve leaguestone charges might have led to a few people vacuuming up the first few weeks of rare currency supply, resulting in a head start for most currency but a huge shortage of exalts and mirrors.

silvergoose posted:

Interesting. What's LSC? Is that the current league name?

LSC = Legacy SoftCore, and LHC = Legacy HardCore. the two active seasons.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Awesome! posted:

lol you are wasting their time and yours

Yeah support is generally pretty quick, especially when it's normal work hours in NZ. But GGG never restores lost items outside of one or two exceptions that were both years ago.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

that one bug that let people preserve leaguestone charges might have led to a few people vacuuming up the first few weeks of rare currency supply, resulting in a head start for most currency but a huge shortage of exalts and mirrors.

LSC = Legacy SoftCore, and LHC = Legacy HardCore. the two active seasons.

I feel like if that was the culprit, we would have seen things change sooner though. Why would the economy stay pretty close to normal until the exploit was closed if it was that impactful (which GGG also claimed it wasn't)?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

My guess is that you should just go have a look in highgate and count the amount of bots you see. Those bots are hoovering up a shitton of random currency and converting it all to exalts which they then RMT.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What does the exalt ratio look like on hard-core?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
A very very possible reason.

38:1 for HC, a bit higher than normal but only barely.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I've played for nearly 100 hours this season and I am no where close to being able to afford a 5link shavs. I'm at about 3ex. At this point it is much, much easier for me to buy these 3$ exalts all the botters are selling than to grind strand for another 100 hours.

I've never heard of GGG doing a mass ban wave of bots? Granted I don't pay much attention to announcements outside of patch notes.

If this game continues to gain popularity they're gonna need to step it up in regards to policing the economy or it's just going to become a larger and larger deterrent for new players.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the correct and obvious choice is to delete the softcore leagues and only allow people to play in hardcore.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Twist And Pout! posted:

I've played for nearly 100 hours this season and I am no where close to being able to afford a 5link shavs. I'm at about 3ex. At this point it is much, much easier for me to buy these 3$ exalts all the botters are selling than to grind strand for another 100 hours.

If you're at 3ex after 100 hours the problem isn't the economy.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Cinara posted:

If you're at 3ex after 100 hours the problem isn't the economy.

It's definitely something they'll need to address but I'll give it to you that I accumulate currency pretty slow.

I'm closer to 5ex if I sold all my gear. I've got a kaoms heart I could sell, along with some really nice RF +str +life stuff.

I guess I haven't played enough to know what rares I should be identifying because generally I'm just picking up rings and belts (and I pricecheck all the unique I get) to save inventory space/trips back to my hideout. Then even when I get something good I have to tab out and play poe.trade for a bit to figure out how much it's worth. I did follow Pohx's atlas guide so I'm running the right maps mostly.

Last season I was carried by back-to-back exalted orb drops in a zana daily map.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I just crossed 12k ES wearing a solaris lorica lmao
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
kaom's heart is almost 5ex on its own in hardcore since it's core for the ultra popular explosive arrow build

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

I just crossed 12k ES wearing a solaris lorica lmao
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters

thats a kewl idea, how is the clearspeed?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

thats a kewl idea, how is the clearspeed?

zyrkx claims to be doing 400mil/hour strands

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!
400mil/hr is with bloodlines/breach/beyond leaguestones and still only level 83 so no xp penalty

it's not quite vaal spark, vaal fireball or ek nova level, but it clears about as fast as i can shield charge through

my only problem is either using doryanis where shield charging doesnt feel as fast as i'd like due to not getting much attack speed, or i can use brightbeak which feels fast but lowers dps enough that i sometimes have to stop moving for half a second to wait for higher hp blue/rare packs to die

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Psh, only 400mil/hour? That's some weak rear end poo poo.

We had a 6 man party going through Uul-netol and I was holding 600 million an hour from that, breach supremacy.

But seriously, RF seems to be pretty awesome.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I'm torn on how to get ignites on my Frostbolt Assassin.

Option 1: Use a Three Dragons. I get ignites but lose chill and freeze. I can use a chayula for my necklace and get stun immunity that way. I lose a bunch of ES from having a bad hat, and good luck trying to get a good enchant on a Three Dragons.

Option 2: Use Hrimburn. I get freezes, chills, and ignites. I can use a Pandemonius for my necklace, and get blind on hit + more cold pen. I have to use Valyrium for my ring though, which blows goats. I also give up my sicknasty fingerless gloves I crafted, but I get a real hat.

I'm not doing cold to fire or pyre.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

350-500mil/hr normal Atziri is pretty easily possible with Ample Bloodlines of X / Ample Breach of the Swarming / Beyond of the Call, you could swap the Breach out for Domination or whatever too. Every enemy in there is Magic or Rare so increasing the number of enemies shoots the exp through the roof.

I went from 70-82 in maybe 13 quick runs with this setup and in about half of them I was running with 2 other people that were higher level, so I got reduced exp. Not sure if my Atziri experiences are common but I tend to self-sustain the cost of running them.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

if you want sicknasty xp go do some poorjoy's. You can break 1bil there if you do it properly

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Hopefully tonight we can actually get a 6 man party through a rippy insane poorjoys without say, abaxoth showing up inside of a breach and wiping us. 6 man atziri's are cake in comparison to that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
I am trying to get I to this game, what is a good build for someone who has never played? I am mostly playing a zombie/skeleton summoner right now, but the constant recasting skeletons and otherwise slow movement speed of minions is turning me off on it.

Any suggestions?

• Locked thread