Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
John Kricfalusi, if you want help Googling his lunacy.

Let's just add Dave Sim to the "crazy dudes in comics and animation" smorgasbord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I always hated the extreme close-up gross out shots in Ren & Stimpy and the imitations in Spongebob too. Just like, gross.

I have a bunch of artist friends though and from the sound of it when you've been drawing for years basically everybody ends up drawing all kinds of perverted weird gross things once in awhile.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Zaphod42 posted:

I have a bunch of artist friends though and from the sound of it when you've been drawing for years basically everybody ends up drawing all kinds of perverted weird gross things once in awhile.

Well yeah, the people into that stuff pay top dollar for it.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

once in awhile.

You must not be very close with them then.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
Speaking of John Kricfalusi and awful Kickstarters, I wonder how his Cans Without Labels short is going...

Last Update: February 6 2016

Huh, not too well I guess.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Guy Mann posted:

These days I'd take Tim Buckley's mediocre artwork over Penny Arcade's chronic infection with adult-onset John K disease.

Oh geez, I hadn't read a P-A comic in several years and...wow...the art's really gone downhill hard and fast.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Speaking of Kickstarter and Penny Arcade, they raised almost half a million dollars to film a pilot of their steampunk prohibition robot comic for television and the results look euuuugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTCdM2RUIk4

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpacePig posted:

lol if you don't have Enrique just throw out your unmade mattress every morning and set up an individually packaged, pre-made mattress on your bed just before you got to bed every night.

where does enrique get all the time to do his chores?

Smart Bidet btw:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brondell/brondell-swash-intelligent-electronic-bidet-toilet

https://i.imgur.com/CHoJGh7.mp4

Turtlicious has a new favorite as of 05:50 on Jul 26, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

Lol if you ever consider the ramifications of the manifold talents possessed by your manservant Enrique

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Isfet/status/889955595272560640

The manual doesn’t fit.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Now, finally, Megaman is well and truly dead forever.

Of course there's STILL pro-Inafune torch bearers on neogaf. Of course.

I also literally cannot tell if this guy is trolling:

quote:

People can call the man a scammer but no reason to make poo poo up like we were never told it was going to be an empty box. Also the drat campaign page says nothing about the manual fitting in the box which I didn't notice at the time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Awful Kickstarters Vol II: the drat campaign page says nothing about the manual fitting in the box

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh my loving god there's multiple.

quote:

They never promised it would fit in the box. And since no one has taken pictures of the manual we don't know if it is color or not.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
It should've fit in the box but they quite literally never said the game would be inside it. Why would they give you a physical copy anyway, with the number of platforms you had to choose from? This pick and mix stuff was already a nightmare without that. Even the kickstarter says "A classic style game box", and makes no attempt to connect that with a physical copy. Physical copies aren't even one of the rewards outside of those USB things (Wasn't there one of those? I think there was, but I can't recall.) Hate on the game and the mismanagement all you want, but are you really going to just start making up things about how the game should magically have a copy of whichever version you purchased inside and be shrinkwrapped?

All that aside, a box that isn't pre-folded is also easier to keep in good condition when shipping. Stick to the things they actually did wrong, people. There's not a shortage of those.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nobody's complaining about no game. They're complaining about the manual, which shipped with the box, not fitting inside the box.

Yes, USB sticks are "still coming".

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Source your quotes please.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

gschmidl posted:

Nobody's complaining about no game. They're complaining about the manual, which shipped with the box, not fitting inside the box.

I know. I didn't talk about that. I was pretty ok with the idea that people thought the manual should fit in the box. It was my first sentence. The rest of it is about people complaining that it was an empty box, of which there are many.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

gschmidl posted:

Didn't this game get retail released a year ago? And the kickstarter backers still don't have the game?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Nah, they got the game. Just someone at comcept or somewhere else along the chain of idiots forgot the whole physical rewards thing and people had been waiting forever for the higher tier items like the box and manual, which apparently wasn't measured, and other stuff that I've forgotten about that is even MORE delayed than that. If not just being swept under the rug.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Turtlicious posted:

Just lol if you don't know that "Enrique" is the collective term for a team of Enriques. One of your Enriques should have explained this to you.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cheez posted:

Stick to the things they actually did wrong, people. There's not a shortage of those.

This may just be the hemorrhoid-blood cherry on top of the diarrhea sundae but that doesn't mean it isn't worth mocking all the same

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

This may just be the hemorrhoid-blood cherry on top of the diarrhea sundae but that doesn't mean it isn't worth mocking all the same

You don't mock the parts of things that have nothing wrong with them just because the rest of the parts are mockable.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Grassy Knowles posted:

Didn't this game get retail released a year ago? And the kickstarter backers still don't have the game?

You can get it in a humble bundle right now.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Holy poo poo.

Steampunk was a mistake.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Guy Mann posted:

John K is the guy who created Ren and Stimpy, he's pretty infamous for being a literal crazy person and also his insistence that the one true objectively correct way to draw cartoons is to make everything as grotesque and deformed as possible in the name of expressiveness. The guy who draws Penny Arcade got super into it after they got popular and has steadily regressed until now everyone he draws is is a hunchbacked bucktoothed freak floating in a void of desaturated colors and bloom lighting.

Thank you, I think.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I actually liked Automata, but it's one of those projects where I think they had about two or three good ideas and the rest is going to get stupid quick.

And the robots manage to look more human than the supposed humans do.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Grassy Knowles posted:

It's in the Humble Bundle right now in fact, you can get it and a bunch of other better games for a tenth of what people paid to get the empty box.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

StuG Jeebus posted:

Holy poo poo.

Steampunk was a mistake.

I'm trying to see how this is steampunk. Its just noir with robots.

I mean, they matched it to the comics perfectly, but that just doesn't look right when the cartoon robots are in a live-action setting.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Finally, David Cage's DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN will only be the second-worst android noir media on the market.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

gschmidl posted:

Now, finally, Megaman is well and truly dead forever.

There's a Megaman level maker thing floating around that looks pretty fun, I think it's currently assets from games 1-6 and more is being added.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

There's a Megaman level maker thing floating around that looks pretty fun, I think it's currently assets from games 1-6 and more is being added.

Until Capcom destroys it, yeah.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Its capcom so there's about a 10% chance they'll make it an official download off their website instead

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Great Rumbler posted:

Oh geez, I hadn't read a P-A comic in several years and...wow...the art's really gone downhill hard and fast.

Well I mean really, the artistic skill and effort is higher. It's just being put to work on a weird and off-putting style for no good reason.

Sticking to the older designs of the characters with the skill of today would look a lot better than it ever did.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hey guys heard I can get fdesh todtiyas in this thread

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cheez posted:

The rest of it is about people complaining that it was an empty box, of which there are many.

i haven't actually seen anyone complain about that, but i have seen a hundred people falling over themselves to point out that it was always going to be an empty box

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Cross-posted from the KS Gaming thread:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

sounds like some bazinga-rear end poo poo

and gurm ur not allowed to write for video games you are racing heart disease to tie a bow on your fantasy epic. Write the pages gurm this is a lawyer

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The only GRRM game I want is a Black & White / The Sims style game where we mess with sandking colonies.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Has anyone else been getting spammy emails from BackerClub trying to get you to sign up for their thing?

They offered to "waive their $10/month fee", but I can't figure out the appeal of their service to begin with. You sign up to get pitches from questionably-meaningful Kickstarters, and once in a while you might get a cheap pack-in on top of your regular pledge reward? That's only if you back any given project, though, and I can't imagine you'd get anything extra at the low-pledge tiers. Someone was paying them a premium for that? From what I've been able to see on their website without actually signing up, they should probably have been called SuckerClub instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That seems like a pretty normal toilet seat bidet tho? Is it bad because it's a kickstarter for a thing that you've been able to buy for years? http://www.homedepot.com/p/TOTO-C100-Electric-Bidet-Seat-for-Round-Toilet-in-Cotton-White-sw2033-01/206794799

Sure, you can get one with all the same features for less from existing companies and have it within a week, but I bet it doesn't come with a bidet themed t-shirt.