Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Schlesische posted:

If you're having issues getting the throttle just right for F1, Dirt Rally is going to eat you alive.

Welp, at least there's refunds!

I might also try hooking up my DS4 and maybe the triggers on that will be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

learnincurve posted:

We haven't actually seen the telemetry, we don't know, and no one will know, what the usual acceleration point for that corner is under a saftey car going x speed. it's the second race, and they changed the kerbs, the data just won't be there. This isn't Spa where they have truckloads of data from previous races, at Bacu they won't be able to prove or disprove diddly poo poo. What they can't do is stand up and go "well we dunno ask us in 10 races time" because that opens up the proverbial can of worms.

IMO he lost concentration because he was fiddling with his buttons, complaining about the SC speed, or looking at a sign and simply made a mistake.

That's quite some mental gymnastics to double down with, well done!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

aequalis posted:

So I've made a small album of my 7 year old niece's go kart meet from a couple of weekends ago. She races a FA Kart, which I was recently informed from this thread is just a rebranded TonyKart. I've blurred out the faces of my brother and my niece because I'm a bit paranoid about all this new, fan-dangled internet business. All the other faces I don't care about obviously.

She's trying her hardest at the moment, and although she wasn't the only girl racer in the grid, she was definitely not the best girl racer, or the best racer in general.
She got tapped off of the track a couple times and spun out by herself a few of times, but she managed to finish 9th (out of ~14 racers) in one of the racers, so theres that.

This is the track layout for those wondering.

That Asturian flag/Nando lid livery is awesome. Hope your niece sticks with it and one day makes Lance Stroll eat poo poo.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Skarsnik posted:

That's quite some mental gymnastics to double down with, well done!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

IMO he lost concentration because he was fiddling with his buttons, complaining about the SC speed, or looking at a sign and simply made a mistake.

You're talking about Vettel here right?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

You're talking about Vettel here right?

He's talking about Lewis Hamilton who is a bad driver, a cheat and a braketester of good innocent lad who never did anything wrong Sebastian Vettel.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The frauds at FIa said that Lewis didnt brake, they didnt say that he didnt slowed down.

Seb did nothing wrong

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Long live the glorious Vettelreich o/

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another WDC defends Seb
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130410/villeneuve-defends-vettel-over-ugly-clash

Ill take the word of SIR Jackie Stewart, SIR Nigel of Mansell and Jaques Villenueve over the frauds at FIA

Also kart lady is awesome and i hope she drives for glorious Scuderia Ferrari someday.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 27, 2017

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Theophany posted:

That Asturian flag/Nando lid livery is awesome. Hope your niece sticks with it and one day makes Lance Stroll eat poo poo.

I hope so too! But judging by the current pace of new rookie recruits, she's got 8-10 years to be F1 ready!
I really like the Nando livery too on the kart, she's still not sure what type of helmet livery she wants, but it needs to be pink, but not Ocon pink.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No gius, Hamilton didnt slowed down

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You are very very stupid just so you know :tipshat:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Confirmed, please strip Hamilton of all wdc titles and race wins back to karting.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How did Hamilton phase out of his body into Vettel's and turn hard right?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

Confirmed, please strip Hamilton of all wdc titles and race wins back to karting.

I AGREE!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Are Jacques posted:

Much nicer than Lewis asking [Valtteri] Bottas to slow Vettel down. That was embarrassing.

lmbo

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
God, the worst part of being a legendary famous WDC must be when people ask for your opinion on every dumb faff between current drivers

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

God, the worst part of being a legendary famous WDC must be when people ask for your opinion on every dumb faff between current drivers

Did you just use "legendary famous WDC" to describe Jacques "Cunting" Villeneuve?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pirate Radar posted:

I dunno, seems like he's struggling to deal with his impending baldness more than anything else.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

GramCracker posted:

I was going through Wirth's rap sheet, saw he had some scrap with Hefe that got him probated and decided to check it out...gold.

Wow he managed to put into words what I feel every time I read a Wirth post so eloquently

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

poty posted:

Wow he managed to put into words what I feel every time I read a Wirth post so eloquently

Personally I think it should replace the "We pray to god it didn't suck" message when posting in this thread.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
El Hefe would be so happy this season. His boys (Lewis and Seb) are both doing well.

poty fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 27, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jacques owns.

Also Hamilton brake checked Seb

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Jacques owns.

Also Hamilton brake checked Seb

Hamilton was trying to imitate another well known fail driver, Senna after getting his helmet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/06/make-or-break-for-honda-as-upgraded-spec-3-f1-engines-readied-for-austrian-gp/

FULL SPEC 3 HONDA ENGINE READY FOR AUSTRIA

Hasegawa posted:

We don’t see the actual lap time gain [on track], but from the power measuring sensor on the car, we saw the same difference from the dyno.

THEY'VE FIXED THEIR CORRELATION ISSUES

Get your bets in! I've got $50 on disappointment.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

Hamilton was trying to imitate another well known fail driver, Senna after getting his helmet.

Well he is lucky that there is no more San Marino Grand Prix

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/06/make-or-break-for-honda-as-upgraded-spec-3-f1-engines-readied-for-austrian-gp/

Get your bets in! I've got $50 on disappointment.

I'm reasonably confident we're going to see a piston ejected from the engine and bean some kid in the crowd.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

wicka posted:

I must be misreading that, it sounds like they're saying "The new engine doesn't actually make the car any faster, but the sensors TELL us it's going faster! :downs:"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They can't say it is a comparative increase yet because it hasn't been in a car going all out yet. He is just being pedantic.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

I must be misreading that, it sounds like they're saying "The new engine doesn't actually make the car any faster, but the sensors TELL us it's going faster! :downs:"

Kind of. They didn't see an improvement in lap time but they saw a higher top speed. Their test also didn't include all the new parts and mappings they've brought to recent races.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It sounds like they are going to be poo poo haha.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I'm looking at this image and it's clear that Lewis Hamilton is the worst race car driver in the history of Broken Britain.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm looking at this image and it's clear that Lewis Hamilton is the worst race car driver in the history of Broken Britain.

You might be right my friend, you might be right...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You can argue over whose the bigger baby between Lewis and Seb.

But it doesn't change the fact they both got beat by Lance loving Stroll.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

My friend Seb crashed that fraud Lewis, got a 10 second penalty and still finished before him.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

Vettel isn't a baby! Somebody ban this chucklefuck!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Max Chilton, Will Stevens & Jolyon Palmer. A triple threat of terrible.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

I dunno, seems like he's struggling to deal with his impending baldness more than anything else.

Sure we arnt talking about Hamilton?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

I'm reasonably confident we're going to see a piston ejected from the engine and bean some kid in the crowd.

Piston fires out of the block taking a chunk of Are Nando's head with it. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

Piston fires out of the block taking a chunk of The Bonehead Who had the Original Design's head with it. :qq:

Fixed that for you

• Locked thread