Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

Hey guys just checking in with this epic thread, has anyone posted graphic pictures of everest corpses yet? I love to look at dead bodies because Im a normal, well-adjusted person.

If this is a joke it's not very funny. I suggest you re-evaluate your life because you will regret this post later, when you think better of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rofl

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the only bodies ive seen in these threads are george mallory's mummy which is interesting, green boots who is a landmark and that canadian woman under the flag not sure which ones youve been reading

the death pool was tasteless but i enjoyed the mountaineering stories i think its a cool/scary thing to do

e:also its bad that lots of people died in nepal

XMNN fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 26, 2015

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Hey guys I care a lot about other human beings and am very angry about this thread. I wish the mods would bring back GBS1.0.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Guys I think something awful user "AnxietyMan1488" might not actually care and is in fact trolling

he's pretty bad at it but you're all loving falling for it so I guess he's the troll we deserve

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

XMNN posted:

the death pool was tasteless

Can you give me an example of a tasteful death pool?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

The difference is, that they made funny videos with yakety sax in them and photoshops, etc., instead of posting gory pictures of the casualties and writing huge manifestos about how they deserved to die because they were probably rich.
this disaster discussion is almost as serious as the future of our white children, brother

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
no

AnxietyMan1488
Apr 6, 2015

by Cowcaster

Novo posted:

i hope some of the head trauma survivors go berserk and start eating and raping everyone else until it causes a second earthquake and everyone dies of HAPE

LOL

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Let's collectively harness the power of prayer and shower these poor climbers with gods good will GBS. I know we can do this.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Video showing the avalanche, not sure if it's cut or happens that sudden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPD8IE_Qc4A

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pvt Dancer posted:

Video showing the avalanche, not sure if it's cut or happens that sudden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPD8IE_Qc4A

poo poo, complete poo poo. It's 2016 people let's get some loving go pros

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
the mountain god keeps the good footage this fucker

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
goons really think people perishing while attempting to fulfil their dreams is funny? smh

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
More and more, videos of disasters on Everest seem to have that "idiot hurts self while friends watch" quality to them.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
so BASCICALLY this thread was around a few years and it got boring repeating "here we go again" and "we told you so" whenever some underprepared rich person died on everest

so they started making morbid jokes about it, which evolved this year into a "tongue-in-cheek" death pool

then there was a big earthquake and a lot of people died, which seems to put the whole thing in a bad light

after a few misplaced offers of regret, the valiant heroes of The Something's AWful Forums attempted to defend what is basically a nihilistic lust for snuff footage on the grounds of "sarcasm" and "humor"

meanwhile there's a big disaster still happening in nepal, but this isnt really about that, is it? it's never actually about what the thread claims to be about, it's about schadenfreude and therapy

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Im not saying I want to see a bunch of innocent people crushed beneath a crushing flow of snow and ice, but I am highly interested in hearing EXACT numbers of dead and wounded on a particular mountain.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's as much therapy as coming into this thread saying 'shame on you, I'm a good person for not making fun of deaths please acknowledge'

I'm glad that goons from all walks of life can get something out of this tragedy

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
If all you fuckers just had shut the gently caress up this thread would probably have started a relief fund by now but instead it is full of people who should go reg at something sensitive instead.
Holy poo poo, shut up and get out of this thread.

All who have read this thread for many years, please put these trolls on ignore and keep posting updates from the affected area.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
How the gently caress is there snow on that rear end mountain? it's april already wtf.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Hhshaha imagine climbing Mount Everest .... Just think about even doing that

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Indy posted:

If all you fuckers just had shut the gently caress up this thread would probably have started a relief fund by now but instead it is full of people who should go reg at something sensitive instead.
Holy poo poo, shut up and get out of this thread.

All who have read this thread for many years, please put these trolls on ignore and keep posting updates from the affected area.

Don't let the trolls stop you from starting a relief fund.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess the blessings didn't work.

https://instagram.com/p/1v_tCexFgR/

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pvt Dancer posted:

It's as much therapy as coming into this thread saying 'shame on you, I'm a good person for not making fun of deaths please acknowledge'

I'm glad that goons from all walks of life can get something out of this tragedy

yeah people who don't beg for snuff footage and express disgust at those who do are the real creeps

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Nagato posted:

so BASCICALLY this thread was around a few years and it got boring repeating "here we go again" and "we told you so" whenever some underprepared rich person died on everest

so they started making morbid jokes about it, which evolved this year into a "tongue-in-cheek" death pool

then there was a big earthquake and a lot of people died, which seems to put the whole thing in a bad light

after a few misplaced offers of regret, the valiant heroes of The Something's AWful Forums attempted to defend what is basically a nihilistic lust for snuff footage on the grounds of "sarcasm" and "humor"

meanwhile there's a big disaster still happening in nepal, but this isnt really about that, is it? it's never actually about what the thread claims to be about, it's about schadenfreude and therapy

Mostly because some goons have a boner against "rich white people" for reasons.

I've put my money where my mouth is and contributed to the relief effort and gotten a company match. It won't be enough but every bit helps. Makes up a little for being involved in the death pool at least.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Hhshaha imagine climbing Mount Everest .... Just think about even doing that

yeah these people are really dumb!!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

tsa posted:

you're on the forum that mocked 9/11 the day it was happening you loving moron. :qq: people are being meannnn :qq:

like i don't like those things but im not going to cry like a baby about it when people on something awful post like that

Hahaa a a I bet anxiety man wants to climb Mount Everest

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I want to be buried in a mountain of corpses and trash and then set on fire

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
Deathpool-wise, Abe Vigoda is still fair game right?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

quote:

Important Update 12:47 UTC : We try to keep you informed about the areas outside Kathmandu, but except for the Everest area where International climbers are active there is almost NO NEWS to gather. We are really ashamed about this but this is live as it is in 2015. Additionally cruel in this case is that the hardest hit Gorkha-Lamjung epicenter area has only been visited by helicopter this morning. We have however NO news from this area. At least hundreds are feared dead in this mountainous area of Nepal.

So, figures will get a lot, lot worse as international efforts try to make headway to visit remote villages. The lack of communication is probably why all the sherpas immediately ditched to make it back to their home villages.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/592204405455265792/photo/1

And some CCTV footage of what the 7.9 quake looked like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GTqmHOdDs0

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I want to be frozen like a human Popsicle and then licked by people with brain injuries

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Me: can you believe some goons on SA actually had a death pool for how many people would die climbing Everest this year?

Normal person: what is sa and why should I care

Me: *facepalm*

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Why isn't anyone asking important questions, like is green boots safe? Its going to be a harder climb if all the old trail markers have been moved.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am going to use dynamite to blow a few hundred feet off of the top of Mount Everest to make K2 the highest mountain in the world

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

You know whats worse than this? Valve suddenly selling Skyrim mods that were previously free!!!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Fooma posted:

Why isn't anyone asking important questions, like is green boots safe? Its going to be a harder climb if all the old trail markers have been moved.

At least people on the mountain still have twitter access

https://twitter.com/danielmazur/status/592232244665679873

Green boots was in a cave, so hopefully he is safe from any avalanches. He may be buried, however, meaning he'll never see the light of day again for a few decades until global warming melts him. :rip:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nagato posted:

If you want to talk about the disaster in Nepal, then go find a thread that's talking about the disaster in Nepal. This thread is specifically about talking about the people on Everest and their success and failures, which yes, involves talking about people who died. So the discussion in this thread hasn't changed, the focus is still on those climbing Everest this year.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I a, going to take a frozen poo poo on green boots face

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

frajaq posted:

You know whats worse than this? Valve suddenly selling Skyrim mods that were previously free!!!

Wait valve do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Fooma posted:

Our good news is that we have new trail markers

• Locked thread