Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I bet the leak is that Trump is actually FRIENDS with the Clintons and Hillary even went to his WEDDING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

In the spirit of being less Arzy:

:flashfap:

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

rscott posted:

On the other hand Max Weber's right wing rear end can continue to get hosed

protestant work ethic my rear end

The development of the concept of the calling quickly gave to the modern entrepreneur a fabulously clear conscience – and also industrious workers; he gave to his employees as the wages of their ascetic devotion to the calling and of co-operation in his ruthless exploitation of them through capitalism the prospect of eternal salvation.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I'm surprised stories like this haven't come out much earlier.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

call center manager posted:

I'm surprised stories like this haven't come out much earlier.

I think we'll see a lot of them because the meltdown over Miss Universe leaves him open to them.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Stop you guys this much Trump Dump is too much awesome.

Wait no it's not bwahahaha eat poo poo cheeto man.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Night10194 posted:

I think we'll see a lot of them because the meltdown over Miss Universe leaves him open to them.

between the stuff HRC presumably has planned to throw at him throughout October, plus all the rakes Donny keeps stepping on, if feels like its going to be a long month

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I wonder if the October Surprise is just a continuous dump of new stuff until election day with the goal of disgusting enough moderate Trump supporters to stay home on election day (or make them stay home out of apathy thinking he's gonna lose for sure). Along with a good GOTV effort by Clinton, this could be really good for down ticket races.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Trump in those stories is doing things that most men are guilty of, and if I'm being honest, I'm guilty of at different times in my life, it makes me very happy that this kind of behavior is being called out as wrong and bad.

Too many times in my youth at the privacy of a table or friends apartment we'd talk about women like pieces of meat, rate their hotness, say which ones we wanted to bang, etc. I never gave women crass comments in person but only because I wasn't bold enough, not because I was giving them any consideration.

And throughout most of my life this has been normal, socially acceptable behavior. And now it's not, and the people who do it are called out as terrible. This is awesome. I'm glad I grew out of it.

greatn fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 3, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

... How the gently caress? So the whole iran poo poo he was promoting was /also/ projection?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
So wait a second I thought the DNC had all their Trump oppo research hacked and revealed this spring? Is all this stuff separate solely under the Clinton campaign's control or did they find it all post-hack? If it's the former I guess we have another notch under 'everyone else getting hacked except Clinton'

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

canepazzo posted:

Apparently, "A source close to wikileaks" revealed that the next drop is actually not that great for both candidates.

My guess: they'll leak that both candidates Testosterone levels are way too low for an adult human male, thus fulfilling the "both sides equally bad" quota for the cycle.

My guess is it's very slightly bad to nothing:burger: for Trump, really bad for Clinton, in their mind anyway. Get attention by saying both sides will be hit by this, then laugh when they fell into your "Trap" and it turns out only one side gets hurt.

In reality, yeah no, it's probably nothing for both.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

cult member at airport posted:

I wonder if the October Surprise is just a continuous dump of new stuff until election day with the goal of disgusting enough moderate Trump supporters to stay home on election day (or make them stay home out of apathy thinking he's gonna lose for sure). Along with a good GOTV effort by Clinton, this could be really good for down ticket races.

Hope that's the plan. Trump must be buried and the gop punished for letting him happen.

Also it'd be nice way to occupy my time after the Cubs are swept out of the NLDS.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Hope that's the plan. Trump must be buried and the gop punished for letting him happen.

Also it'd be nice way to occupy my time after the Cubs are swept out of the NLDS.

:getin:

But yeah, who would have thought his whole Iran thing was projection. That was the one thing where I was all "... ok, he's not projecting here."

Then again, I thought the same with Cuba.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

... How the gently caress? So the whole iran poo poo he was promoting was /also/ projection?

Tomorrow's NYT piece is that Trump killed Vince Foster.

Followed shortly by WaPo releasing records about Trump's insider trading on cattle futures.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Followed shortly by WaPo releasing records about Trump's insider trading on cattle futures.

Wasn't Whitewater a real estate thing? :getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of Cuba!
https://twitter.com/TheBradMielke/status/782903033034252289

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Noticed this yesterday:

I'm guessing it's because Trump's name is a trademark, but you'd think they could still use it and call it parody.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Here we go!

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/782906224937410562

"Hillary Clinton on Assange "Can't we just drone this guy" -- report"

Bonus:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/782916656582590464

"Michael Chertoff, Bush 43's Secretary of Homeland Security and former Whitewater counsel, endorses Hillary Clinton"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm guessing the Iran thing pushed it up a day. Honestly, I agree with her.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Is this what they were meant to release this week?

That's pretty weak.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Ah yes the bastion of journalism "truepundit.com"

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
I swear the "Can't we just drone this guy?" quote is old news, I'm all but certain I've heard it brought up before in some facebook screed or other...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

iospace posted:

No wonder Assange thinks it's so devastating: It's about him.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There might be more, but also I could see people taking that badly. Probably not a big enough negative wave to counter the post-debate bump, but definitely enough to dominate online conversation for a while. Like, it plays perfectly into the whole "Clinton has people killed if they're a threat to her politically" narrative, and this time with a tiny, tiny drop of substance.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

iospace posted:

On one hand, it's in very poor taste. On the other hand, if you have never wished a burly strong-jawed man would clock Assange in the jaw and hurl him off that piddly little balcony he likes so much, then you are a better person than I.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Awesome! I was thinking about phone banking for the democrats in Spanish, since I did the same for Bernie during the primary, but I moved out of FL. There's so many Spanish speakers there it's amazing. That's also why I love living in Washington Heights.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I believe most people agree with that sentiment

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Harrow posted:

There might be more, but also I could see people taking that badly. Probably not a big enough negative wave to counter the post-debate bump, but definitely enough to dominate online conversation for a while.

Doubt it. If it were just the tax thing about Trump that came up, maybe. With the Iranian bank now in play? No, not at all. Maybe an interesting sidebar, but definitely not top billing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mostly just want him to go to Scandinavian Prison and realize the US isn't even going to bother to extradite a small fry like him (since he's not currently facing any charges).

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

canepazzo posted:

Here we go!

Bonus:

"Michael Chertoff, Bush 43's Secretary of Homeland Security and former Whitewater counsel, endorses Hillary Clinton"

And her polls go up 3 more points. I'm mean if she isn't Selina Meyer

gohmak fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 3, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Thursday we get photographic evidence that Trump had an affair with Bill Clinton.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Trevor Hale posted:

This is not true. A bunch of buildings have their own ZIP code.

The pentagon has like 10.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Assassination is bad and would be a good reason to vote against Clinton . . .if she weren't running against a Republican, because Republican foreign policy will be even more hyperaggressive.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

canepazzo posted:

Here we go!

I've always been vaguely lukewarm about Clinton as a candidate. This makes me love her.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

canepazzo posted:

Here we go!

Bonus:

Hell, that makes me like her more.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Oh so it's fanfiction then.

Reminder, we can actually see if the US asks other countries for extradition rights ( because we need to press charges and we.....haven't ), and they've never given a single poo poo about Assange. The Swedes are the only ones that ever wanted him, and they only wanted to talk to him about the rape charges. Which by the way they offered multiple times to go visit the Embassy to meet with him in person to serve him, so he'd never have to leave the Embassy, and he told them to go gently caress off, and that he was such a gift to women he couldn't have raped them, because his dick is magical.

That entire article reads like straight up fanfiction, especially considering that's exactly the sort of poo poo Wikileaks has tried to paint itself as for years ( THE US IS TOTALLY AFTER US BECAUSE WE ARE HITTING IT TO THEM SO HARD!!!!!!! .....why has USsenpai not cared about us at all yet!! ). I highly doubt people in the State Department use "drone" as a verb like that, and I'm also going to highly doubt anybody suggested a drone attack on a target in the UK, because that'd be incredibly obvious to everyone around what had happen, would draw us into a conflict with the UK/Ecuador, and cause all sorts of other problems. If we really wanted Assange dead we have better tools like poison/accidents that wouldn't cause everyone in the world to hate us.

Like I have to believe Wikileaks ( something I don't really believe anymore ), got confidential data suggesting Hillary Clinton uses terms like "let's drone that guy dawg." in common parlance, and then despite years of working delicate politics decided the best way of dealing with a target on allied soil was a very obvious drone strike. Even though despite Wikileaks constant attempts to yell about how relevant they are, the US has not shown a single sign they care in the slightest about Wikileaks. And even in this theoretical situation, Hillary Clinton and the State Department should be intelligent enough to realize killing Assange wouldn't actually stop Wikileaks because other people run the site/filter the information, it'd just martyr him? And we likely have entire gameplans set up on how not to make martyrs?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can see someone making a joke about 'So why don't we just drone this twerp'.

But yeah, all the breathless 'HOW DARE HE SO DASHINGLY STRIDE ABOUT AND DEFY OUR MIGHT AMERIKKKA, THAT HANDSOME SUPERREBEL!' stuff sounds like fanfic.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to switch from Hillary to Trump about bombing given that Trump pretty much wants to turn the Middle East into a smoking, possibly irradiated, crater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's no way the sentence "can't we just drone this guy?" isn't meant as a joke. And a drat funny one too.

• Locked thread